1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Universal

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by -mrdan-, Jan 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -mrdan-

-mrdan- Advanced

Has anyone thought about starting writing campaign to NBC Universal?

2. Biohazard

Biohazard Forum Freak

Here is what I've got so far:
    "Dearest Universal,
    Be a fool with me and be my valentine.
    They say people do foolish things for love.
    What foolish things shall we do next? Maybe make a new BSGO game together?
    I would follow you anywhere and be yours.
    Your Love-Stricken fan.
    "
    :rolleyes:

goodshane, bb8_, JBRON and 2 others like this.
  3. SixSixSeven

SixSixSeven Living Forum Legend

Already tried that.

1. Letter from rando BSGO player arrives at some rando Universal office whose address was looked up online.

2. Unfortunately, it was sent to an address from a Wikipedia article, so ends up at Universal Studios Hollywood, which operates theme parks and has nothing to do with TV or movies, which are under NBC/Universal.

3. 20-something year old front desk person named Spencer looks at addressee line "Battlestar Galactica Intellectual Property Management", and goes "What the heck is 'Battleship Galaxy'? Never heard of it. Maybe it's a new ride?"

4. Spencer calls the cute girl on the fourth floor he's been meaning to ask out someday, when he moves out of his parents' house, who works for the development department.

5. Spencer asks Paige if there's some new "Butterstump Grapplinghook" ride coming out? Paige is too busy on her phone to know or care, and suggests maybe it's "an old ride that an Old Person would know about?"

6. Front desker routes mail to Bob the Janitor since he's 60 years old and might know what it's about Because Old.

7. Grumpy Bob, who's hungover and slept in a broom closet last night, rips open the letter, which is written in crayon.

8. Letter goes on about some Battlesomething This and Bigpoint That, none of it making any sense, when suddenly Bob has to run to the bathroom to deal with a bout of intestinal distress from too much tequila and five day-old tacos last night.

9. Bob barely makes it to the toilet, and after emptying himself out, notices there's no toilet paper, because Bob is a lazy and inept employee.

10. Letter gets crumbled up, used to wipe Bob's butt and subsequently gets flushed down the toilet.

The End.

goodshane, bb8_, Lt.Lima and 11 others like this.
  4. bubisnew

bubisnew Board Analyst

I'm surprised about your creativity.

Or...is this some kind of experience you made as you was 20?

TFO_Kobol likes this.
  5. leobartlet

leobartlet Forum-Apprentice

Bargaining stage 3 complete.

TFO_Kobol, NoG00D, MooredRat and 2 others like this.
  6. NoG00D

NoG00D Forum-Apprentice

You should hear Six in TS some time. It's just an ongoing narrative during fleet battles. I almost feel like fwd'ing my Audible payment to him.

goodshane, SixSixSeven and ToWaSc like this.
  7. ToWaSc

ToWaSc Forum Freak

I'm sure he'd accept it. He's always losing his beer and bacon money anyway ...

SixSixSeven likes this.
  8. Cheddorius

Cheddorius Forum-Greenhorn

It's Comcast that owns NBC Universal.

9. NoG00D

NoG00D Forum-Apprentice

That will be $120/mo + local and state taxes, FCC fees, a smog check for a limited amount of unlimited broadband that we may throttle if you watch to much netflix.

ToWaSc and SixSixSeven like this.
  10. LaraCroft835

LaraCroft835 Someday Author

they have a change.org petition and holder of that got a response. I suggest you check it out.

11. ToWaSc

ToWaSc Forum Freak

Expect a 7% increase next year and even less impressive service to follow.

12. Cyberiantiger

Cyberiantiger Forum Demigod

Link?

13. LaraCroft835

LaraCroft835 Someday Author

https://www.change.org/p/bigpoint-g...-game-development-battlestar-galactica-online
    An answer

Mateus Odorico
    Salvador, Brazil
    JAN 12, 2019 —
    Shelby Cotten sent the following reply:
    "Hi Mateus - My name is Shelby and I am with Universal’s PR agency. See below for a statement from the Universal Games and Digital Platforms team:
    Thank you for being a part of the Battlestar Galactica Online community over the years. We are proud of what we accomplished with Bigpoint to bring an authentic and engaging experience to players around the world. We appreciate your interest in the Battlestar Galactica universe and hope to bring you new games inspired by the property in the future.
    Shelby Cotten

Tara Bruno PR"

14. Biohazard

Biohazard Forum Freak

We ain't gonna do sh** about your request/petition.
    Don't forget to buy the next game that has BSG in the title.
    Thank you for being such a loyal fan.

:rolleyes:

So to conclude, BP passed to ball to Universal and SyFy Games.
    https://twitter.com/CmdrZman/status/1080514624787750912
    [​IMG]
    And Universal doesn't give a flying fu**. :rolleyes:

15. goodshane

goodshane Forum Great Master

Time to start a new hobby of chasing my arch enemy.
    [​IMG]

MooredRat likes this.
  16. goodshane

goodshane Forum Great Master

First of all I call bullsheet on the data privacy because these companies sell our data all the damn time so that was just an excuse to not give you the contact info.

17. Biohazard

Biohazard Forum Freak

I agree, it isn't like CmdrZman was asking for private phone / address of some employee that works in Universal.
    To be far BP did answer to his tweet and they did say who the Licence holders are. (they could have ignored everything hah)

MooredRat likes this.