1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP BSGO (end of January 2019)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Worminator, Jan 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SixSixSeven

SixSixSeven Living Forum Legend

I'm cool w/that. I'm sure I deserved any bans I got, would be curious.

Speedball likes this.
  2. MooredRat

MooredRat Moderator Team BSGO

I see 2 in the records. First in Feb 2017, 6 hours for "inappropriate chat" followed by a 12 hour ban in June/17 for the same reason.
    Each by a different mod, though I won't say who. They can chime in for themselves should they so choose.

Meh. Kinda disappointing. I don't have the permissions at my rank to go into the actual chat logs archives and find specifically what you said, and it wasn't noted separately in the ban log.

Speedball, TFO_Kobol and SixSixSeven like this.
  3. PrideGER

PrideGER Forum-Apprentice

Just for the sake of it.

Here's a single player bullcrap very lite version of BSGO (you can fly an MK7, camera settings missing, hitboxes (collider meshes) missing, HUD missing, everything missing). thought some of you would want to try it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itv8l6r3o703rt4/Game.rar?dl=0

(unpack and start Game.Exe)

Special thanks to Florek

4. Blurite

Blurite Forum Freak

......…. < 22 and counting

5. _carl_

_carl_ Living Forum Legend

Do me! Do me!

Speedball and SixSixSeven like this.
  6. MooredRat

MooredRat Moderator Team BSGO

Hehe, Carl has never been banned.

However, I do recall a time on Caprica when you had a particularly poorly thought-out wing name, and I *know* you got a talking to about it.

7. SixSixSeven

LOL, no need to name names. It's all good. Sounds like the autobans aren't logged?

I know one was talking about MachineWookie... said something about his hair and was thinking armpits but I guess it came across as a ref. to pubic hair. Wasn't even a good joke, just an side-comment.

I am smurt enough, most of the time, to apply the ***'s as needed to avoid trouble.

Speedball likes this.
  8. KENDRA

KENDRA Board Veteran

I was admiring the students' projects on OpenAI ... and I imagined you were designing an AI able to pilot your cylone raider on BSGO ...... and she learned the Dogfight duel's moves after a duel and duel and duel ... and became unbeatable!
    (maybe it's true?!):);)

bb8_ likes this.
  9. echris56

echris56 Forum-Greenhorn

Man, this sucks. I just discovered this game about a month ago and finally got around to playing it today only to be greeted by this message. Boy did I miss out.
    :'(

10. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Advanced

Funnily enough I've never been chat banned in game.....

My forum record is quite something though.

SixSixSeven and Vectra like this.
  11. Vectra

Vectra Commander of the Forum

Thankfully, no one ever got around to changing my wing name, Bound and Gagged. Of course, I also have a sneaking suspicion that the few times people loudly complained about it, there was never a support issue raised. As those times usually followed a very frustrating ship explosion.

Aer and SixSixSeven like this.
  12. SixSixSeven

I am both completely shocked yet not at all.

JoePineapples likes this.
  13. no6

no6 Forum-Apprentice

Consider yourself lucky, sir. Remembering all the fun I've had in this game is gonna smart a bit.

MooredRat likes this.
  14. leobartlet

leobartlet Forum-Apprentice

Well ofc it works in Switzerland, Its population is around 3 people and a goat named dave.

Vandal, -evaknow- and SixSixSeven like this.
  15. Blurite

Blurite Forum Freak

….don't forget the kid :p

_carl_ and SixSixSeven like this.
  16. SixSixSeven

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TFO_Kobol, _carl_ and -evaknow- like this.
  17. Aer

Aer All knowing Oracle

Ever see Razor! Wing name fits with BSG lore....

Vectra and SixSixSeven like this.
  18. -evaknow-

-evaknow- Forum Freak

lol. That's dark man!

Aer likes this.
  19. da.oleary

da.oleary Forum-Greenhorn

Casual on and off over the years. Was just about to dip back in and Pow, right in the kisser. It's been great to play, and may well have encountered some of you out there!

I will miss this game.

20. Blurite

Blurite Forum Freak

Is there going to be a 'fly by' on the 31st - perhaps 2 - EU/US