1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP BSGO (end of January 2019)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Worminator, Jan 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. bb8_

bb8_ Forum Pro

YES!!! :) It is possible: to create a bot that will be able(under fair conditions: same lvl of systems etc) to beat every turnfighter in the game.But to train it u need a lot of computers to do that job faster + to run it u need also comp with tpus(special ai cores). But luckily they are emerging today e.g. there is rtx nvidia gc with those cores(it also contains gpus - std graphics cores + special ray tracing cores for better quality graphics). Unfortunately it is still expensive(best models are 2k $ if i remember correctly). Maybe in future we will have to have special board in comps for ai(with tpu cores and vpu cores(vpu for acceleration of vision ai algorithms)) :). BTW those algorithms do not need human player to train they train fighting vs another bot.

But I think even with standard algorithms it is possible to create npc so that she will be able to put turnfighters under torture :). But Ai programs are specific/creative: they can invent new ways of beating players. For example there is set of rules which help to classify plants(cover group of pretty similar ones but they are ofc different species) invented by biologists-experts. Then ai scientists used data with specific attributes/properties of plants to feed ai program which then as output gave new set of rules. And those rules were actually more accurate than those human invented :) - even human biologists experts confirmed that. In games ai program can invent new moves in chess etc that are totally counter-intuitive etc ...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:12 PM
    KENDRA likes this.
  2. PrideGER

PrideGER Forum-Apprentice

We have written two bots in BSGO using unity functions. One was fully automated for liner duels (so far undefeated, but probably "only" level 4 on the scale for autonomous driving) but it used some game "mechanics" to calculate the the most favorable direction vector using a formula which takes the enemy's movement into account and lead to a state which made the bot very hard to out maneuver.

The other one was a beta kind of dogfighting bot in striker. Raycast to detect if the enemy's movement vector would allow him to shoot at you. if not, the bot would drop speed to 0 and turn.
    Both of them were fully capable to use everything else, even change ammo when detecting different enemy types/ships, using computers (with the ability to detect foreign computers debuffs/buffs), any kind of consumable items.

Of course these have nothing to do with AI but I still want to insult BP and their team.

The game probably is the worst game (by a "major" publisher) I've ever seen in terms of security. Whether these are client/server sided exploits, no protocol encryption and a very slow response from Bigpoint to address anything. That's probably also one of the reasons why it had to go down eventually.

KENDRA and bb8_ like this.
  3. Shouren

Shouren Someday Author

Using a Dr Who meme - you are still my best 667 ;)
    Any thanks for the old days - was a honor to be your enemy :)

SixSixSeven likes this.
  4. t.i.m.e.x

t.i.m.e.x Forum Great Master

i just looked at dark reload, SUCKS...been real when i was here... nice time anyway all...

bb8_ and SixSixSeven like this.
  5. LaraCroft835

LaraCroft835 Someday Author

PETITION UPDATE

An answer

Mateus Odorico
    Salvador, Brazil
    JAN 12, 2019 —
    Shelby Cotten sent the following reply:
    "Hi Mateus - My name is Shelby and I am with Universal’s PR agency. See below for a statement from the Universal Games and Digital Platforms team:
    Thank you for being a part of the Battlestar Galactica Online community over the years. We are proud of what we accomplished with Bigpoint to bring an authentic and engaging experience to players around the world. We appreciate your interest in the Battlestar Galactica universe and hope to bring you new games inspired by the property in the future.
    Shelby Cotten

Tara Bruno PR

pretty much frak yourself

bb8_ likes this.
  6. SixSixSeven

SixSixSeven Living Forum Legend

Never liked shooting at you or Cancer, and as I recall I didn't (much.) He was red when I started so I was kinda biased.

Ofc, if you showed up before the game shuts down, I might have to send a nuke or three your way, for old times' sake, lol. Pretty much the only thing that could kill yr darned line.

bb8_ likes this.
  7. MooredRat

MooredRat Moderator Team BSGO

That kinda looks like it's an automated response that doesn't actually address anything or even acknowledge they read what you sent.

Biohazard and SEBY231 like this.
  8. Blurite

Blurite Forum Freak

You're right MooredRat. I think it was a cylon who wrote it

SixSixSeven, bb8_ and MooredRat like this.
  9. _rabid_

_rabid_ Forum-Apprentice

Has anyone contacted universal?

10. PrideGER

PrideGER Forum-Apprentice

As if some BSGO fan boys could convince them to change their mind. Sure, go ahead. Waste your time talking to a multi billion dollar company about an unknown, badly designed MMO in maintenance mode.

bb8_, SixSixSeven and bubisnew like this.
  11. KENDRA

KENDRA Board Veteran

maybe you don't know who you're dealing with
    [​IMG]

bb8_ likes this.
  12. DeathWasp

DeathWasp Forum-Greenhorn

Sorry to break it to yall but when a game is going down, it usually goes like this... no personal touch on that kind of [moderated]...
    no one is gonna call you or anything... especially you wouldn't expect any better from BugPoint but then... we have Deepolis, that has been there before BSGO and they just stopped developing the game instead of ever taking it down... this time the ice is shoved up ours... have fun with it and all the best for 2019 ffs!

All the Best to everyone and especially to Libran!

Hey ~ Ho ... ~

Last edited by moderator: Jan 14, 2019 at 1:29 AM
  13. BattleStarGalacticaT

BattleStarGalacticaT Forum-Greenhorn

14. Zhermt

Zhermt Forum Overlooker

I think that I have only been chat banned once. Fleet chat was talking about baked potatoes and toppings to put on baked potatoes. My responce was sourcream and boom I received a ban. Contacted support and they said that they had no record of me being banned. Logged on and I could talk in fleet chat.

15. SixSixSeven

SixSixSeven Living Forum Legend

Maybe a typo with a space after the "c" and before the second "r"?

16. Aer

Aer All knowing Oracle

For what it is worth we did put this on our Twitter page.

[​IMG]

bb8_ likes this.
  17. leobartlet

leobartlet Forum-Apprentice

Almost as popular as Kartrashian tweet that!!

BSGO Mk2 is a go!!!!!!

18. Wolf_ODonnell

Wolf_ODonnell Living Forum Legend

@PrideGER , If you only knew the power of the Dork Side :D

KENDRA likes this.
  19. Buck_Rogers

Buck_Rogers Forum Inhabitant

Dark Orbit... Lol...
    They want to shove us players of BSGO that many play it cause of the BDG universe, a horrible MMO as it was good and a alternative.
    Please some company take the license and do a proper BSGO online in the lines of this one but better and profit is assured!

BP lost a good oportunity here to turn this game around and capitalize, but for years they have been sending it to the ground and this is the end result of their imcompetence!

20. goodshane

goodshane Forum Great Master

I hope Bigpoint takes down their chingchong perent company with it.