1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper MkIII Build

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by cityhunter91, Dec 15, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. djinni

djinni Count Count

Regular longs? Been running a couple on the 100mpsMK7. As a lasso to wrangle them into shorts range or to pick em off if they show their taillights.
    Just curious to see their performance in a visual format m8 ;) Good to see ya again.

SixSixSeven likes this.
  2. SEBY231

SEBY231 Forum Freak

That's not a bad idea but 2 gyro's makes things even worse ( other than occupying place ) by causing you to " overturn "
    I've tested it with 2 gyro's lvl 11 & 10 and it turned out that I wasted my money upgrading the second gyro
    That's what I use most of the time
    Try using ascelipus instead of artemis
    It's a good combo ascelipus + hermes
    Nothing to add to your setup anymore
    Good luck ! I know I've been useless !

FighterMaxim., SixSixSeven and djinni like this.
  3. -evaknow-

-evaknow- Forum Freak

good point here. a turbo can help a lot in a turn because it increase acceleration. It's also good for range control. I'd use a turbo over a gyro in any turn fighting build.
    Sorry. I've never owned longs at level 14/15 to do a test with. Only long guns I have are a set of thrasher Xs.

djinni and SixSixSeven like this.
  4. -evaknow-

-evaknow- Forum Freak

it's because damage falloff happens at a gradual reduction from optimum to max range. more max range=less steep falloff. Adding accuracy ammo also has the same effect as extending optimum range (unless your target has high avoidance).

djinni, SixSixSeven and Phaaze like this.
  5. Phaaze

Phaaze Forum Ambassador

Oh, I know. I've tested the same with my X guns, on all three classes. I was simply noting how X guns constantly out preformed both types of Shorts in your testing as well.

But it also works weirdly, I get crazy hits using ap ammo against high armor targets.

SixSixSeven likes this.
  6. -evaknow-

-evaknow- Forum Freak

Yeah. I had a set for my line and am really sad that I sold them. They are the perfect standoff, fleet fight weapon for a line.

Phaaze and SixSixSeven like this.
  7. SixSixSeven

SixSixSeven Living Forum Legend

For fun I put 4x lvl 2 gyros on my carrier. I could almost outturn a Jorm!
    I have a hard time keeping a target within 250 at all times, and if they're running shorts (most people do) I'll tend to use the boost more to push out the range on a turn, so when my guns are back on them they're within my optimal but I'm outside theirs. Most blues on the US server seem to keep boost on throughout a fight, rather than toggling it, so getting distance is usually easy.
    db_cylon used to run 1 RCS, 1 slide and 1 booster on his merit. The extra speed came in handy in many situations and he felt that 3 RCS wasn't much better than 2 (he'd ditch the slide) and he was flying using only a gaming mouse.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    -evaknow- likes this.
  8. -evaknow-

-evaknow- Forum Freak

Until I started using BAMS adv I didn't even own two rcs. Always used 1 rcs, 1 gyro, 1 booster. Accuracy ammo killed a lot of build options.

SixSixSeven and djinni like this.
  9. FighterMaxim.

FighterMaxim. Commander of the Forum

Atleast they are easy kills lol

@OP:

2 gyros is a little bit overkill. 1 gyro should be enough for a strike craft that is already good at turnfighting. You'll need the extra RCS duct to deal with slides.

10. ToWaSc

ToWaSc Forum Freak

The WR MkII typically out-turns my MkVII. I may never get the merit strike on my EU account.

SixSixSeven likes this.