CA_Oddessey

Discussion in 'Meet the Team - Who's Who' started by Oddessey, Apr 12, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Oddessey

Oddessey Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello Everyone!

My name is Oddessey. I am male, live in the US and am nearly half a century old. (Just remember, there are no hills in space, so no over-the-hill jokes! haha) My name was inspired somewhat by the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, a favorite from many years ago. I adopted a different (and yes, incorrect according to some) spelling of my name because I am different and well frankly, just a bit odd. :D

For fun, I enjoy many things outdoors but especially camping and fishing. I have played a variety of video games over the years, going all the way back to Pong, Atari and early games on PCs and Apple II series computers. I am a computer tech by trade and I've worked on many types of computers since the early days of the PC, including mainframes and mini-computers as well.

In early 2009, I was introduced to DarkOrbit and have been playing off and on since. In 2015, I applied to join the mod team as a Chat Moderator. I have no idea what they were thinking when they accepted me, but here I am. :cool: Seriously though, I joined the mod team so I could give something back to the game I've enjoyed so much. Many of you know me from chat and I really enjoy the time I get to spend with you, the players. In March 2016 I was promoted to SMOD. As SMOD, I'll have a few more duties with the team and you may see me in forums now as well.

Fly safe! I look forward to meeting more of you and will see you around!

2. GhostOfJupiter

GhostOfJupiter User Team Darkorbit

*sneaks in and edits Oddy's post for a laugh*

:p

Oddessey likes this.
  3. PoseidonsFury

PoseidonsFury All knowing Oracle

4. Oddessey

Update for November 2016:

Hello again everyone! You may have seen me in chat recently or noticed the change in the title of this thread... my name has changed to CA_Oddessey because I have been promoted from SMOD to Chat Admin.

What does this mean? Well, first and foremost, it means that I have another opportunity to serve you, the players! Second, it means that I have a few more opportunities to contribute to the EN Mod Team along with a few more responsibilities there as well. Third, it means no more whacks from that spoon Ghost carries. Somehow, I'm not sure it was quite 'random'. :p

Anyway... Since I joined the team, I have gotten to know more about the folks I work with. I must to say the EN Mod Team is an absolutely GREAT bunch of folks to work with!

I'm very glad to be here and happy to be able to continue serving you the players of DarkOrbit! Say "Hello" the next time you see me in chat. :D

p.s. I've also learned that most of the moderator team does not bite. ;) Say "Hello" to any of the mods you see in chat :p

5. Oddessey

Had a little fun this evening on US West and got a pic this time with one of the pilots :p

upload_2016-12-22_22-40-44.png

You may notice I had to do a bit of repair on my police ship... someone (no names mentioned) tried to pop me with ddms. Wonder who that was? LOL

6. Oddessey

7. Oddessey

Just to add some variety, here is a screen shot from East 3 this evening.

upload_2017-8-29_21-34-9.png

Who knows where I'll turn up next??? Have fun!

Fernando and Kyro like this.
  8. Oddessey

and a little fun flying around East 2 this evening, thank you for the fun and the 7.5M DDM damage, lol :D

upload_2017-9-9_20-58-10.png

NightZOwl and EvilHotDog like this.