Need a smarter PET

Discussion in 'General Issues' started by STARLIGHTHUSTLE, Feb 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STARLIGHTHUSTLE

STARLIGHTHUSTLE Padavan

Don't know if this issue has been raised before . Would it be possible to make the PET be smarter so it doesn't continually try to pick up cargo boxes when your cargo is full ?
    Sometimes when I transfer promerium to my ship I still have some seprom I'm trying to use.
    I keep PET on auto looter to collect bonus boxes but it gets hung up trying to pick up CB's
    If this has ever come up before please let me know

OILDAILY and theOtherKey like this.
  2. Phantomias.

Phantomias. Forum Moderator Team Darkorbit

Hi

You can find some comments about this issue HERE.
    As for your idea about "smarter P.E.T" you can add it to Update & Idea Pool, where players can affect new features/changes in game, just by posting a great idea, and show the Dev. Team that there is an issue they could look at.

Phantomias

3. HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou Forum Freak

My PET has never been stuck trying to collect Cargo if my bay is full. I get upset when he does not collect it and find I can not collect it either. So I refine again and sell then he picks it up with no problem.

4. Oh yea better AI for pet cause pet need few seconds sometimes to do something ,pet cant collect box that is next to him xD sometimes

5. Hero_Returns

Hero_Returns Active Author

Talking about a smarter pet, I've been in Galaxy gates where the pet kame doesn't go off right away it should go off within a few seconds not after 7-8 seconds where I'm taking 60k+ damage.

6. BestGArenEUW

BestGArenEUW Forum Commissioner

Perhaps the PETs are a little..."noble" (?). If I click on a bonus box and interrupt the collection beam, they will ignore the box.

Not sometimes :/ "Sometimes" I want to smash my PET for its slowness in thinking. It seems that they need a longer time to chose their boxes in the area. It's kind of reaction time.

7. HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou Forum Freak

I agree that the Kami needs to be reworked as I can never get it to go off when I want it to unless I can circle the NPC's but if I am having to DRAG them it is useless to use the Kami.

I wish that the PET would collect ALL items in an area instead of jumping all over the place. It seems IF I am near by it always wants to collect the items I am on top of instead of moving away and collecting everything near it. I have only seen it pick everything up in the Pally fields, assuming there is no one else to compete for it, but Bonus Boxes it jumps over some to collect others and never picks them all up.

8. BestGArenEUW

Unfortunately the PET doesn't calculate the shortest way. These PET scripts make the PET look like a stupid AI (it even doesn't deserve the I for Intelligence)
    However if you watch 2 well-timed PETs, you can see, that they go exactly the same way. Perhaps there are "weird" calculations.

9. All this and the thing is still dumber than a stump :confused:

Pet level 15.. 10 X LF4(upgraded lvl 16) ..17 X BO2.. Hit Points 197.6K..
    Shields 185.6K

Pet Gear ...all level 3..
    Auto looter, Enemy locator, Rep, Cargo trader +30%, Kamakazi 75K, Combo ship repair,Auto Resource Collector

Pet Protocols ...all level 3 ..
    Precision targeting +4%, Evasion +3%, Hitpoint +4%, Laser damage +4%, Alien damage +6%, Radar-x3, Bonus Box salvage +3%, Shield +4%

-FT

10. Sтєvє-σ™

Sтєvє-σ™ Forum-Apprentice

Аnd lets not mention boxes on spaceball, with lvl 3 collector is still sooooo slooooooooooooooow

11. BestGArenEUW

But at least it can't "misclick". I have often target accidentally the cloaked enemy ships.

12. STARLIGHTHUSTLE

STARLIGHTHUSTLE Padavan

TY for your many replies. They made me laugh. I am going to copy/paste this original post to idea pool as suggested. And maybe , sometime in the near future our PET's won't look like bumbling fools and getting in the way of our own fire.
    OK to close

13. Deter

Deter User Team Darkorbit

Closing as requested,

Take Care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.