1H PvE Build for mage?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dемои, Sep 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

1. I want know how to get best pve set for mage?
    2. What I need to have in shield for inf4 80% block? I must use dragan pauldrons or not?
    3. I am considering build with future mortis set with starlight and riddle

My exemplary setup
    Kara pauldrons and belt
    Mortis set, Grimmag armor
    Dragan boots, gloves and ring
    Cube adornment and ring/ring from blood mage with 4x hp
    Starlight with Riddle and cape of heroes/neferati

2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Use the BiS items.

Depends, especially depends on whether you have the old enchantments (global blockrate) or not.

You don't need those pauldrons to reach 80% on inf4, by any means. They're useful when you're using the set only, or if you want blocks on 2h.

But why? It's the most useless thing I could think of... especially on 1h. You don't need the speed set bonus. Also, I'm afraid you need crafted pauldrons for a good 1h setup with the next step in mind. I'd say: q5 pauldrons and belt of zeal (for running speed and attack speed)

You need some HP in shield to aid you with that. For that, you'll probably want some block rate in pauldrons.

You need a good defensive torso if you want to use the Mortis' set.
    I'd say, go for Q8 set. It's also very potent against Khalys without requiring potion spam.

Well, yes, but actually yes.

Rather Q8, see above.

That's only a placeholder (or for the set).

Better a Q4 ring. No matter what, it will be more efficient. Blood mage ring is good only for the set, for (1) set bonus isn't worth much (if it was in its unique value, it would.

Sargon's weapon is better, I think... even if way more expensive.

Nefertari, or some future cloak. %increased damage (and min/max alike) don't go well with the Mortis' set.

Generally, many items that are normally very good (or even BiS) get heavily devaluated wherever the upcoming Q6 set comes in.
    I'd wait with designing such a setup some more times... especially I'd wait for future cloaks with any setup.

3. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

On mage I must have mana, I don't like play with less than 300 mana soo I want play with q1 torso and starlight (dont have any mana crystals), these 2 items give me much more than sargon and q8 (better fight with more FS than ice arrow)
    Q4 ring may be good idea, ado I prefer cubes for more resistance ('need more defence with q6 set')
    With items what I have my speed is only 3,31 soo is low even with q5 pauldrons, need 1 more 20% rune in weapon

Or I must wait for dragan and get full set from spider

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

But you won't have it on PW Khalys... and since q5 is a good farming place, I'd prefer q8.

You only get more armor... also, since you mentioned the bloodrune ring as a standalone item, I mentioned Q4 because it's just a better version of that.

5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Rather nefertari cloak
    Reason mana and critical damage.
    Then yes dragan gloves boots and ring.
    As for cube ring and adornment yes because you just got cd from the cloak and 2 cube parts also especially since the adornment has resist.
    You can craft the ring 1x cd 3x hpoti
    reason is you have a pool of 85% from riddle the cloak and 2 parts cube.
    Yes Q1 torso will be perfect, even more so uncrafted. <- considering you will have the damage needed after 4 kills
    Regarding riddle I propose you craft it 4x hp <- that combined with a 3 hpoti 1x cd cube ring
    that alone should boost your absolute and relative hp modifiers quite a lot specifically to be able to use the mortis set.
    Added the hp from the orb should enable you to craft helmet with min 3 dmg if not 4x and amulet with 4x cd
    belt though rather opt for belt of zeal, and then these pouldrons or q5 yes
    [​IMG]

The adornment has resist

EDIT:
    Also not sure if you calculated your attack speed on 1h or 2h but you should be able to achieve much higher speed on 1h
    EDIT EDIT:
    Assuming the kaylin cloak is offensive <- you should be able to craft it 2x speed 2x crit this should boost your speed a little too

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Higher attack speed than 3.6363 ?
    3.88 is only for supportive skills.
    4.0 is a cap which you can't use (no difference if you have 4.0 or 3.6363)

7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I proposed those because he stated his speed does not reach 3.6363 xD
    EDIT:
    Upon which I asked if he calculated the speed on 1h or 2h since 1h does not really need that much
    EDIT EDIT:
    But 4.2 is one that can be used <- I might have asked for speed limit to be raised to 5.0 in the past <- not sure though

8. trakilaki

I can make use of 10.6 ... but only with cheating XD

ΣMiwel likes this.
  9. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Damn how hard do you want me to leave q7 in the dust with q4 if I had speed like that xD

10. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

What do you mean supportive skills?
    I preffer speed 3,34 for magic missile than 3,64 for sphere. I hate wasting mana too fast.
    Is possible to have other breakpoint on speed 4.0+ on magic missile?

11. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Special shot has that breakpoint as its highest (without q7 buff, with the buff it's 3,6667)... other than that it's either "nothing" or "trak knows more than us".

Highest speed achievable (any class): 4,0000
    Highest breakpoint for quick skills (eg. magic missile): 3,3333
    Highest breakpoint for slow skills (eg. frozen sphere): 3,6364
    Highest breakpoint for special shot (supportive skills?): 3,8824
    Highest breakpoint for DK's smash on Q7 buff: 4,0000 (game can't register so many hits though, so it's useless because of a bug - real highest breakpoint is lower)
    Highest breakpoint for special shot on Q7 buff: 3,6667

Other than that, there are "movement unlock" (hit and run) breakpoints, some of which are exactly 4,0 I think, but they're generally useless (you can move quick enough anyways).

You CANNOT reach higher speed than 4,0... so no usable breakpoints past that. However, since all breakpoints can be calculated, the breakpoints past 4,0 can be calculated, too, even if you can never have such speed.

Quick skills: 4,2857
    Slow skills: 4,4444
    Special shot: 4,4000
    Smash on q7: 6,6667
    Special shot on q7: 4,7143
    There are no even theoretical breakpoints past these:
    Quick skills: 30,0
    Slow skills: 40,0
    Special shot: 66,0
    Smash on q7: 20,0
    Special shot on q7: 33,0

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Alpaca and trakilaki like this.
  12. trakilaki

Yeah those skills like teleport, frost wind, frost nova, singularity, guardian (with destruction being exception) ... I was on a run and couldn't come up with a better phrase so I named them supportive skills :)

Dемои likes this.
  13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I thought... aren't they like... speed independent?

trakilaki likes this.
  14. trakilaki

Yes you are right they are. I am talking BS again ... that is what the glorious Sewer grind do to a human brain XD
    I had to check ... those break points are for heavy shot only :)

15. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

[removed]

Thing is though mm is a mana generating skill and fs is a mana consuming skill
    But mm is 116% base and fs is 410% base
    In spite of wanting to preserve mana you have to take essences into consideration too.
    Also bear in mind, the q6 amulet combined with q1 torso should allow for pretty fast mana generation.
    This might allow you to pursue 3.64 attack speed for fs

Last edited by moderator: Oct 1, 2019
  16. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

they made pve for 2-hand weapons, pvp for 1-hand weapons
    if you choose 1-hand for pve then you will be at a disadvantage

MRDarak31 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.