A botters confession

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Kurfo, Mar 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurfo

Kurfo Junior Expert

Hello guys and girls, I am (was) the Dk named Kurfo, from Werian server. I got banned for using a bot ... and I am not ashamed to admit it :(
    I knew that even for a 30 days of use, because of my dream to get the Bone Dragon during the Big Game Hunt, sooner or later i will get banned for abusing the T&C ...
    Anyways ... I want to thank all of my guildmates and all other friends in Werian for the fun for the last 6,5 years ... It was a real pleasure to play with you, and I am truly sorry that this is how I have say Farewell

GoulishNightmares and Marsicanus like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You can still create another account ... you don't have to play or anything you can just chat with your friends :)

3. Kurfo

Kurfo Junior Expert

I just wanted to clear my mind :) I never wanted to abuse someone, or to be the greatest .... never ... I just played a solo game, and in one moment i needed a little "help" and this help made me gone for good

Thank you Trakilaki, i allready started a new char, same server, same guild already ... with the friends i alreday had ... and i dared to explane the situation arrownd my banned char ...

i just wanted to challenge other guys like me to share their mystake ... after all we are just humans and every single one of us is capeable of making mystakes :) ...

Marsicanus and Hetsunien like this.
  4. alexgradishki

alexgradishki Forum Greenhorn

We all in the guild will miss the well known Kurfo, but hope to have even better and stronger ally soon and will help you for that with what we can...legally
    RIP Kurfo

Kurfo likes this.
  5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

What a waste of a character

bLaind likes this.
  6. Good for you for fessing up to what you did. I would say it wasn't a 'mistake' since you probably knew what you were doing was wrong and would eventually get in trouble for. It is sad that you have gotten a 6 year character deleted because of your 'mistake' but it is not fair to honest players to have to contend with those who use bots,cheats,bugs and glitches of the game. Start over, play clean and have fun. Goodluck.

Kurfo likes this.
  7. rzixnion

rzixnion Forum Apprentice

same here. the keyword here is ABUSE. I admit I use the bot but I only use it for 5-6hrs total.. that's TOTAL hours of usage then I stopped. If you did same actions just like you did with piñata bug exploiters what I did should be excluded from this ban. and I didn't even use the bot in pw like most bot users did. I did it occasionally for daily monster kill challenges while I cook my food after 30 mins I go back to manual farming.. I didn't abuse the bot. if you can understand what I'm trying to point out here, hear me out please bigpoint. please compare the 6 hours to 30 days of usage. I know its not about how much hrs I used the bot but this also goes for that piñata exploiters some of them didn't got punish cause they didn't abuse the bug. so why didn't you punish them.

8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Wow, you really have the spam-o-matic going here crying all over the forum. Yes, you are correct about the devs showing some leniency with the pinata exploit. They did not have to. This time around they are letting the hammer fall hard. The T&C clearly states that a perma-ban is appropriate whether you cheat a little or a lot.

So rather than continuing to cry baby in every thread you can find perhaps you should take a look at your propensity for breaking the rules. Here are a couple things all pro criminals know: If you can't do the time then don't do the crime. And tears won't keep you out of jail.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

9. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Nor did I.

I NEVER used it and ... wow!... I didn't get banned, even if I had to leave the game to go cook dinner. I didn't get your "free" 30 minutes of farming every day. I don't feel sorry for you and I do feel that you earned what you reaped. Just because someone stole more than you doesn't mean you aren't a thief too.

MikeyMetro, wolfie54 and _Baragain_ like this.
  10. rzixnion

DID you know what they did to the piñata bug exploiters that didn't abuse the bug before? they excluded them from being punished. Think it thoroughly. They officially stated that here in forum that they only punished those who abuse the piñata bug. Why not do same for bot users. And you don't seem to get my point in my post that you replied in

11. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Because you don't deserve it. You cheat. You exploit. You start over or leave. Simple.

Personally, I think the Pinata exploiters got off easy and I'm glad you aren't.

You cheated to get something I couldn't get without also cheating. I played the game by the rules. You didn't so you get punished. What is so complicated about this?

12. wolfie54

wolfie54 Active Author

I read your post carefully and this is what I have concluded: Whether 1 min, 5-6 hours, or a year makes no difference. YOU CHEATED, YOU GOT CAUGHT! End of story. I liken your complaint to this analogy: There is no such thing as a little dead. You are or you aren't! There simply is no justification for what you did. BP said no more cheating will be tolerated. Consistency will now begin.

13. rzixnion

my point is not about who cheats more or less, its about bp's inconsistency of their actions. do you get it now?

14. MikeyMetro

Nah... your point is, "cry me a river cuz I cheated 'n got caught." :rolleyes:

If you had somehow got lucky and skated thru you wouldn't even be here on the forums. You would care less how the pinata exploit was handled compared to this ban wave. If the devs "inconsistency" is really your issue then where are your posts about the other things in the game they are inconsistent about (there are many after all.)

So cowboy up and move on. You can keep posting about this 'til your fingers bleed and it aint gonna change a damn thing.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

15. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Unfortunately, there is more than one reason fund in all this.

When (as someone says here) "creating long and boring event is a talent", then someone can be pushed to use illegal methods to get what patience, endurance and time can not give him.

The thing is clearly more tempting how much better the promised rewards are for having sustained a deadly boredom.

I do not know if in these cases they should have an eye towards the player, but certainly the producer should take a deep reflection about his work.

16. MikeyMetro

ROFL. As Snowboy said, "i'm depraved on account of i'm deprived" ... well it's just not a very convincing argument :rolleyes:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

17. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I get this reference. It was my favorite of my four or five lines in the high school play!

My point of view is that cheating is like playing Russian Roulette. The piñata exploit was like playing with a revolver with five of the six chambers loaded. On the other hand, botting is like playing with a semi-auto pistol. Another true cliché is "Never gamble with something you can't afford to lose." If you are going to cheat, accept in advance that it is just a matter of time until you get caught and banned.

GoulishNightmares and MikeyMetro like this.
  18. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

You can't to a court and defend yourself by saying that there are bigger criminals who weren't caught so it's unfair for you to go to jail
    the judges will laugh at you and you go to jail, it doesn't go well

19. rzixnion

Nah I'm more surprised that I got caught

20. I'm sure the other abusers of bots/cheats/exploits of the game will be caught as well if BP continues their scans on a regular basis. Their time is coming. The script cannot catch EVERY single abuser on a single scan, I am sure so continual scans will definitely benefit them in seeking out those that were missed this round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.