a couple of newbie questions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by riots, Jan 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riots

riots Forum Apprentice

Hi there!

I started playing DSO 2/3 days ago and i have a couple of questions.

1. which chest (rare/epic/legendary) do you guys open with you grinded keys?

2. what do you guys do with your crowns and what should i do with them?

3. I like hoe the crafting system works. i have now a ring with a crit gold line. my questions is. will be the gold line as good if i lvl it up with glyfs? or will the gold line be better if i just found another ring with a higher base level?

4. when will i get the next quest for the new cape? (i am lvl 26 now)
    Ty for answering !

greetings

2. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Hello there and welcome to DSO,
    1. Depends on your preference. You can check the content of the chests here. Personally I open the legendary one for the overall more glyphs and essence of destruction, but it's also a habit I developed earlier when I still did not have very good items. So yeah, legendary in my opinion is worth waiting for.
    2. Crowns from pvp battles you mean? I would keep them. Wait until you are level 50 and the real crafting process begins - then you can just use them to buy the green items you need fishing for gold lines. Until then I'm not even sure you should bother with crafting - just level up and try to get good gear if possible. I recommend parallel world groups to grow in this fashion, but since you are a new player, you should definitely do the quest line. It's a lot of fun and introduces you in the awesome atmosphere of the game.
    3. This is a good question. As far as I know, some nerfing has been done to ensure that higher level dropped items end up being better than low level items raised by glyphs to the same high level. But I have no evidence regarding this so maybe someone else can better explain this.
    4. Quest line for cloak? Check this out. You can always search the next cloak on the wiki. So if you are level 26 you probably have Cloak of Initiation and next on the list is Cloak of Insight. While in the endgame you might swap the last cloak eventually, it's still a great item worth working on and enjoying every single upgrade you get on it. I remember when I did it the first time and it felt amazing!

3. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi riots,

1. I never open any chest until I reach 50. So I just collect keys as many as possible. When I finally reach 50 I spent all keys to legendary chest. Some of the legendary items actually help me get through PW as fresh 50.

2. Crown mainly I use for crafting discount, free spawn in event is case death(like this current dragan event). While deluxe crown I use for upgrade item discount. As for both crown mystic cube also good it may contains gems, extraordinary or legendary item. The mystic cube I opened them at lvl 50 so I would get items with level 50.

3. It depend, if the gold line is absolute value it will as good as item at target level. But if the gold line is relative value (%) it is static when you upgrade it.
    You can upgrade desired item and remove the glyph later and upgrade better item.

4. Should be when you are lvl 28 if I'm not mistaken

4. riots

riots Forum Apprentice

thank you guys for the amazingly fast answers and tips ^^

EDIT:

i before i forget. sometimes my rings have an odd enchantments (http://prntscr.com/dv5qft)

how and where does it come from?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

That 3 health pts is from your gem

6. riots

riots Forum Apprentice

shouldn't be there a +7 armor value as wel than?

7. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

The equipment status display is odd. I think for left side items, the developers probably thought no one would equip armor gems on left side items, right?. So, they decided not to display the armor from the gems on left side items. But, if you look at right side items, you can see the armor from the gems are displayed.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  8. knifesss

knifesss Forum Apprentice

At your level I would not even consider crafting as you will need the gold for the final cloak( 1000 gold) .
    I also have saved all my keys and at level 47 have almost 400 of them and will use them when I reach level 50.
    Glyphs are yours for improving your standing gear and will be there to use on the next better item that drops for you.
    As for the rest kill then all because you never know where your next better piece will come from Ex. killed a snare plant and it gave me a gold something ( melt ) , but made me laugh to see gold radiating from such an easy kill.

Have fun making your toon for it is a fun game. Good Luck with the drops.

P.S of the two I had to chose one because of inventory space. I choose the full moon and will wait for more inventory space. As for events if you have the time they are a great way to collect pets and mounts and gear.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. riots

riots Forum Apprentice

i see thank for all the answers!

just 1 more question. When do i need to worry about the events? (like the new moon)

10. gun

gun Forum Great Master

It's best to know what is your goal. Short term and long term. What kind of charater you would like to have in future.
    The best way or some alternatives to achieve your goal would include playing events or not at all.

I believe you will figure it out what I said above along the way.

Another important thing is to know where you are at the moment progress wise. Knowing this will help you to determine priorities.

For example:
    Dragan event is on. You know Dragan & Spider boss drop unique items tier 1 & 2, also you can get weapon parts & some elemental stones from dungeon & event reward.
    Players who don't know what they are doing ended up having problem with their inventory & stash slots being too full.
    While players who have plans, they made preparation. For example use his/her andermant to buy more inventory & stash slots first before trying to get more of those items. And when they feel not ready, they just keep saving items like pearl. Or not to open chest or lucky sphere from event reward or anything stackable to save space.

Belei likes this.
  11. riots

riots Forum Apprentice

i see. thank you for the tips and advice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.