A little explanation pls

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by luishorus, May 24, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. luishorus

luishorus Padavan

Can someone explain to me if the bases of equipement is the only thing we can use in the arena how is possible to see players run whit the flag like Quiksilver,or the Flash,are we geting another wave of bot and cheat users in the game,is this what bigpoin wants for the players?

Talaby likes this.
  2. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

There is a pvp tree skill where you get extra speed for a few sec after killing someone. Might be that is what you saw ?

vegetadavid likes this.
  3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

the problem is that they do that without having that buff, they do that all the time and they go much faster than with that buff

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

It's not that. That buff is clearly visible, as it makes the player go shining. And well, it's only 6 seconds. It doesn't last the whole match. And last but not least, I see people running faster than me in 1v1.

1vanka likes this.
  5. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

maybe your inventory is full and you're too heavy :)

6. Talaby

Talaby Someday Author

there is an event called prize day.in it sells many buff for pvp.now if this is not the reason why players have certain skills we have to ask for the denv's explanation.After all these buffs work in PVP arena?there are classes that are impossible to win in pvp 1x1 and in group.examples: warriors with damage using a handgun and a shield.dwarf with stun that stops you and you do not get out of his sight until die and magician with attack speed equaling the PVE.It's strange that.I have observed these events.Do you have anything else to report?ask for explanations of denv's.

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Our team and development team are currently analyzing some videos that are being uploaded, encouraging/explaining how to use certain external tools. Rest assured that this topic in under our radar once they are illegal and against Terms and Conditions. For that reason, account bans may be applied.

If you have strong pieces of evidence, please, send them to the support.

Cheers.

8. luishorus

luishorus Padavan

But didn t they take all the buffs from the arena? I thougth that now it is only possible to play with the bases of the gear we use and if it is like that how can 2 DK whit the same weapon have diferente speed atack? But maybe i am mistaken!
    In any case if they are players that use external tool it is good if they get baned because people like them disencourage other players to do arena

9. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

Sry but Devs dont need videos they can make an program to run in servers and see wath accounts are using Third party program and permaban all of them...

But now the real propblem start if they do that 40% or more of Dso players gone get banned .
    So i have a fealing that never gone hapen .
    If they realy decide to send a ban wave ,onli smal accounts gone get banned not one of Top supporters gone get that ban.

10. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

If the corruption is really of that big a scale, that purge is more needed than ever. However... I think you're exaggerating.

Nope. Firstly, "top supporters", as you call them, are only an incredibly small part of all the players. They must be a small part of the pvp cheaters as well. This means that even if they left the "top supporters" out, that would mean that most of those people that are breaking the game for everyone would actually get banned. The amount of the cheaters would drop, giving more space for honest players.
    Secondly, I believe that most of the cheaters actually don't pay at all... at least not for premium, nor for the andermants. If there's a thing they pay for, that are the cheating apps. If the cheating apps are secretly developed by BP... then... well...
    But if they are not, banning the cheaters would not influence their income in a negative way. If they decided to specifically exempt some players for whatever reason... that would be less than the banwave script error amounts (even if it's anything like their previous botbanning scripts).

11. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Many of these videos will have to be carefully analyzed.
    I recently came across a video where the mec was shooting and running backwards and the player was totally dumbfounded by the idea that a mec can do that.
    I am well aware that macros is not allowed in the game.
    This will have to be a very carefully considered area.
    Lets say I have a razer black widow stealth keyboard that came with assignable buttons <- which I don't but what if i did?
    Would I then not be allowed to use the software that came with it?
    How many moba based gaming hardware is out there?
    If I wanted to use a xbox controller and assigned keys to it would it not be allowed to use software that enables me to use a controller?
    And I have both of those actually and use them for fps or racing games that does not support an xbox controller
    One will also have to investigate the latency the players had because I see a mec running backwards every night when we spawn on a boss map.
    which actually brings me to another concern, if in the new versions the bosses do not have a spawn intro how will it affect player sync when we enter a boss map?

12. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

The running backwards thing is simply because of ping and the way the game handles it. Today me and BlackShadow did a PVP fight where he was screensharing on discord. On his screen, he was walking normally, but on mine, he was shooting while slowly drifting backwards, never turning around.

Edit: In league we use this a lot and call it kiting, clicking shoot, then walk backwards while waiting for next attack to be ready, repeat. The faster your attack speed is, the more difficult this move is. People constantly call me out for "autoclicking" when I do this.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well, I know that stutterstep is totally possible... but are you 100% infallible? Or is the 1% of times you make a "mistake" always at a moment where it does no harm to you? I know a bunch of honest players that are quite good at it, I can do it as well. None of us are even remotely close to what the bots are doing.

Generally, the real cheats in this game don't involve any graphical glitches happening with them. There are other things that we see that are a sign that someone is cheating. Weird stuff does happen around cheaters, but generally you don't see them rubberbanding (a sign of lags), shooting in a different direction than they're facing (usually they turn around quicker than they could, judging by the immense precision they never lose).
    The weird stuff you would actually see is them landing tons of hits and none or almost none are blocked (and yes, you are wearing the shield), you landing tons of hits and all get blocked/none crit, them running faster than you, them perfectly avoiding all the shots, them perfectly timing their skills, you or (then it's especially visible) other people dying for no reason, skills behaving incorrectly (eg. too low range of BWS(DK)/MWS(DK)/FN(SW) when you use them, too high range of FW(SW), some time ago I saw some dwarf's shots were exploding when they hit you/your summons even when they didn't kill) etc.
    When you see a couple of those happening with one person, you can be almost sure you've met a bug abuser. When they keep happening virtually all the time with them, you're 100% sure.

sargon234 and Jhinstalock like this.
  14. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

U can ask the supporto if we are permited to use thouse new keyboard ..but i think the anser is "yes"...to do first we need to tell to supporto .
    Each gamer whu is using it shuld tell the name of software u are using it and for wath reason ,like that wen the purge come u not get banned.

From videos is hard to decide whu is using a macro and whu is not u need 3-4 videos for each cheatear to have a good evidence agains him.
    I dont think samone gone run around citties ,or pvp to keep traking cheaters and not play the game.
    That why Devs shuld run a software in backgrownd on server to find out whu is using an macro.

We need a purge agains boters ...Thats all i can say.
    Now is all up to BigPoint to decide wen that gone be.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Selene-Rip likes this.
  15. sargon234

I don't think that such a big % of DSO players are cheaters
    I found plenty of cheaters in pvp, but they were the minority of players

16. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

Hope u know that are many tipe of macros ,not onli for pvp.
    They use it for auto sell becouse they are to lazy to sell 1 bye 1 intems ...increase life, attack speed,run speed and many others buffs u can have with a macro.
    Even pro players use that ,but they not gone come here to tell u.

I wold like to see Dev,s give an info how much players got banned for using a macro ( % ) after a ban wave,if they shuld do a 100% ban agains all tipes .
    Give a 30 days trial ban for all boters and we ca see how much is still online after ;).
    After 1/2 weeks run again software to see whu is using macro and permaban them ,
    they shuld do that every 2 mounths to clear the game .

I play in heredur server and in our guild we have a strong rule agains players whu use such cheats.

17. sargon234

i was talking about pvp players

Also those type of players, using macros to sell things, while not being allowed, don't do much damage
    Using programs to increase statistics, altering abilities of others and such is a whole different beast

Jhinstalock likes this.
  18. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Some of those are so careless that I asked them nicely to wear costume vs. me so I don't have to look their crappy gear (dragon hide shield, khaly's cloak etc), and get p****d off :D

19. Burn84

Burn84 Junior Expert

You are right about about selling intems with a macro...is not doing nothig harmfull to the game,But to use it we need aproval from Devs and BigPoint ,, or beter they shuld implement that for for the game.
    For me i am against any tipe of macro/bot if is not Aproved bye game designers.

20. luishorus

luishorus Padavan

Our team and development team are currently analyzing some videos that are being uploaded, encouraging/explaining how to use certain external tools. Rest assured that this topic in under our radar once they are illegal and against Terms and Conditions. For that reason, account bans may be applied.

If you have strong pieces of evidence, please, send them to the support.

Based on that what are the devs waiting to take actions against this players,how log will bigpoint let those players making honest players run from arena?