Abusive rangers damage

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ..Zexion.., May 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

i have a character of each class first class i got to lv.50 was the mage but the skills are a little outbalanced i use the ice spheres alot so id like to have the same explosion at impact as the EA skill of the rangers it sucks when it passes through them and they dont get hit by explosion. i dont ask for increased damage just the impact explosion

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  2. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

also increase it's mana cost to 66, decrease mana regeration to be like conc. regeneration for rangers and decrease q7 set buff to 3 seconds ;)

Wth are we talking about?
    You want to "balance" the game thinking about a set? What will happen to rangers that don't use Herald's items?
    It's already hard for us to find a team, if BP listen to people like you, we can just stop playing DSO..

Long story short:
    back in the days when the cap was lv45, I was playing a 5v5 and there was a dk that, even if he was attacked by 3 players, he was skipping them all to try kill me...the reason? I think he was too proud to accept that I killed him most of the times... When I asked him the reason of his hate for me, he answered "go farm noob" (wich has nosense, since he was the weaker one).

Well, I think it's time to quote him :)

3. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

facepalm, rangers with q7 set don't have concentration cost, cd of the 150% dmg is only 12 sec. with 40% chance for no cd. and now take a look at mages: 1 min cd of meteor with mana cost for all skills....many ppl here just write [EDIT] without any knowledge.

4. Rev

Rev Active Author

So you reduce cool downs of meteor by standing in singularity? All skills? What? Ice missile, magic missile, chain lightning, frost wind, frost nova, all cost 0 mana. What game are we playing?

And speaking of OP sets sigris set for mage is just about as broken as it gets.

5. UndergroundKiller

well, if I'm not wrong, here they are asking to nerf the EA, only basing on the players who have q7 set.
    I think my post has some kind of sense, since not all rangers use q7 set (and they would be affected by the nerf too) :rolleyes:

Also, I know you're a strong mage...I don't think you need buff on ice sphere, since all good mages use q8+q4 set

no need to start a "your is better" topic

6. Rev

Rev Active Author

Just proving a point. You can't nerf a skill based on the set. Ice missile has 0 mana cost ultra spammable + sigris set...
    People say that some of us are speaking [EDIT]...yeah sure, but someone has audacity to lie as if we're all [EDIT]?

These sets are for top end game players.
    What about the starting players? Their damage is going to be nerfed because of some set that was introduced? Ridiculous.

7. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Rangers have 500% dmg with EA, have net skill and can use it more than 1 time without cool-down, q7 buff gives them infinite EA and can use net more than 1 time which makes your 3 second argument invalid.
    You can easily make concentration and use your skills like jump and adrenaline to get concentration till your net is ready for use again and boom again the q7 buff.
    500% dmg is more than all classes, I as tank I have 240% dmg on smash the lowest of all, I wanna play 2h why don't I have the same % dmg??
    On pvp once a ranger hits his opponent with green arrow and then EA explodes the opponent is 100% dead , the hit gives 250% marked then the explosion another 250% no matter what once you got hit by EA you take the dmg of explosion as well and you are dead, no marked the ranger hits 125% and 250% explosion still 375% dmg while a mage has on fireball 126% talking about the q7 set, but he uses at farm ice sphere which has low % compared to EA, even the thunder.
    The tank has 240% in smash which is very low , at farm even with q7 set you can't compare with the ranger EA % plus the tank doesn't have rage regeneration so even if you have q7 buff activated you need to use normal skill to get rage or get hit by the boss(yah you can use stindard skill, but only for a short time and the cool-down takes some time) and you need def items so you can survive which makes the offensive stats even lower.
    For pvp the war can't do nothing with q7 set and now talking about 1h setup the ranger still can make high dmg, high def and has high % dmg in skill, now the tank what it has?
    A poor 240% dmg in smash while the ranger has 500% and can make easily good def stats and good offensive when a tank needs hard work to get his defensive and offensive and still gets a 50k while being with 80% armor and no marked.
    Remember that all classes will grow their stats and ranger will make the farm stats lets say is 17k dmg , soon they will make that dmg on 1h build with shield, but the 80% armor doesn't become 100% it remain the same so I as tank will still get 50k dmg no marked and marked 1 hit or 2 probably.
    How much hp should I get? 1.000.000??[​IMG]
    You can see the video here as well, I hope it doesn't violate the forum rules:

8. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

Yes, i can stand in singularity solo on infernal bosses? Maybe for few sec.^^ Ice missile, magic missile, chain lighting..very impressive skills, which deal incredible dmg ofc xD 500% ^^ so go and kill a boss with green arrows :p
    at least i don't care, my intention isn't ea and rangers need to be nerfed. better solution would be, when they increase the dmg of main skills for mages. and also would be nice if the explosion of ea is visible in pvp. that's enough in my opinion.

9. Rev

Rev Active Author

Go look at sebastian/Maestro is back soloing mortis...He deals 330k per lightning strike and 80-90k per magic missile. Hunting arrow has a much lower % dmg and does not regenerate concentration. The ranger has always had the highest damaging skill along with mages, only if the enemy is marked. There is the exception with destruction. Maybe we should take out all stun effects from lightning strike too and chain lightning or all slowing effects from ice missile? And please show us a video of a ranger hitting you unmarked for 50k while at 80% resistance and 80% armor. It's obvious why DKs can't be built to have high amounts of damage...their innate ability to heal large amounts of hp would destroy the already non existent balance between pve and pvp. Each class has a unique trait...which was nonexistent for the ranger since lv45 considering mages were just better versions of rangers. Anyways, you win...keep making noise. Rangers OP please nerf; DKs stun+heal OP please nerf; mages stun, slows, op please nerf; dwarves...well....

10. UndergroundKiller

Good point, 'cause all rangers are [EDIT] Ilidiar, right? :D
    Again, there is no need to change it into a "your is better" thread (as if it isn't already like this)... Mages and rangers have nothing to complain each other. Just stop asking nerf and/or buffs where there is no need :)

I was talking about "Dwaine Jonson" and the player that opened this thread.. About the "making visible" part, tbh an area like the one that appears when herald/grimmag use meteors could be great.

11. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Does it matter if not all rangers are like Ilidiar? I get 1 ,2 hits while being marked by ranger, gives me 1 shot of EA 500% dmg plus 85% break armor and I'm dead.
    Yah is true not all rangers give 50k to ppl who have 80% armor without mark, but medium rangers kill with 1 or 2 shots every tank that is marked.
    And talking about pvp do you think a mage can make the same defensive as a tank??? If a tank gets killed by 1 ,2 shots while being on full def what a mage can do?? I'm not the best , but I'm not a ''noob'' either , I know what I'm talking.
    And on pve I want too then 500% dmg to deal with smash.

12. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

He does 330k dmg, ok , can he 500k? And thats bcs his thunder gives 300% dmg if he uses q4 set, without the set ,thunder gives less. Ilidiar didn't hit 330k or maybe he hit something similiar I didn't watch every point of dmg he hited, but he didn't hit the same dmg like maestro bcs the EA first hit is 250% not 300% and the explosion is 250% again so it makes 500% dmg.

13. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Those who complain about the EA dmg clearly can't even play PvP.( I won't even mention the PvE)
    What do you do? You stay still and spam yours spells?
    The q7 set requires from them to hit you with the net. I tell you all this and i am a freakin 2hand DK.
    The class that should be nerfed is the dwarfs.

14. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

OMG you don't get it?? The ranger have 500% dmg in EA, the q7 set is not the problem. The problem is that ranger has the most % dmg in skill out of all classes.

15. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

ppl always only see what they want :) u saw the few pickoff hits with 300k+, but 80% hits with lighting strike were under 300k. and to be fair, i can deal with red and heredur pet + q4 set 400k on infernal at moment as pickoff hit ( there is a bug on armor of bosses 45% not 50% as should be), but that doesn't change the fact, a ranger with the same dps would be 2X faster :) why? not cause the ranger has better stats or skill, only cause he doesn't need concentration and is able to spam 5-8X ea in 3 sec :)

however, as i said, nerfing a class isn't a good solution, never. but also as a mage which has the worst def stats in game, i think mages need to be good dmg dealers. at moment dwarfs and rangers are better, both have also better def stats. if that is fair, okay. i'm out here, have a nice day.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  16. iNeXoRaBlE

So what? All classes have their advantages, clearly you need to learn to play. The Dmg% is not the case here.
    I don't complain about my dmg, i have my advantages learn to find your strong points, all characters are different.
    And as far as i can see rangers are the class that needs some brain to play. Unlike the mages and the dwarfs that keep spamming their spells and complain when things don't go their way.

P.S if Rangers are so OP why nobody wants them to their parties?

Gevilson likes this.
  17. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Ok first thing you don't tell me that I need to learn to play. Those who played vs me knows that I play very good, on both ranger and tank. Now I play on tank cause I got bored of ranger long ago. And you want a reason why ppl don't want ranger in group?
    Ok here it is why I don't normally add rangers in my team: first of all many players have low stats and don't know to play , l know strong rangers far better than mages and I knew at lvl 50 as well, I farm with few of them and why I don't normally add them?
    bcs they instead of using their break armor on maps they used precision shot bcs they didn't know to play which is kinda annoying to see a class that have nonstop break armor and instead of helping the farm to be faster he was just using his precision shot or he had very bad stats.
    Do you think I play with dwarfs with 9 or 10k dmg now at lvl 55? ofc not that is low dmg and I as tank I'm good I can tank all infernals without using potions , but If I search group in local chat/region do you think someone will invite me? Maybe with some luck , bcs the secret about having a farm team is making friends. Make friends and you will always have a farm team. Stop cry that you don't find farm team. Make friends and you will always have!
    But don't mistake me, I farm with rangers, with strong rangers.

18. iNeXoRaBlE

No reason talking to a "Rock" you clearly can't understand a thing. I am a 2h war that never had problems with rangers.
    I can defeat them with no problem.
    Can a mod please close this whiny whiny thread? Clearly this is not a thread that will help the community in any way.

19. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Wh
    Why to be closed? Is my opinion and others as well. I want to talk not to argue. You are telling me that is no reason talking to a ''rock'' . I could say the same thing, but is not. Everyone has his opinion no need to argue. I want balance for every class. % dmg , etc. If you don't agree with me it doesn't mean that I am wrong.

20. iNeXoRaBlE

Balancing the class at the same % is Dumb. Wanna tell you why? Figure it out yourself.
    If you want a perfect balance i have the perfect solution.
    Heyyy BP developers i know you are watching, convert all classes to Dwarfs. Do it , do it.
    There is no point to this thread its plain dumb. That's why. You know why its dumb?
    You showed an example with a full stat RA.Case closed. I won't answer again, dont quote me again plz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.