Adjusting PVP penalties for quitting matches

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Novadude, May 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I discussed this back in November with support and threw out the following suggestions - it was suggested to me that I put this up on the forum further feedback. I forgot about it over the holidays but given a recent spate of matches that were basically decided by player exits I thought I'll return to this.

I think I mentioned it before, but there's an increased number of people quitting
    matches. I think you should consider the following solutions - make the
    dishonourable exit timer ban account wide (15 minutes for all toons).

Another idea is to count the dishonourable exit as a loss on the win-loss column
    if it doesn't register as one.

Another idea would be to give them a mild honor point penalty, something like 200
    or 300 points.
    Anybody have any other suggestions. I'm tired of 5v5 pvp matches being decided by the first team to have a dishonourable exit.

2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I would say the following.
    1) All the players that leave the matches should have an additive penalty for example.
    During 15days if somebody leaves his penalty would rise
    1st exit 15' penalty
    2nd 40'
    3rd 100'
    4th 200'
    5th 600'
    etc.
    2) All players that have gathered many leaves should play together. (nobody likes to play with a gutless leaver)
    All this that i wrote actually is real at a Moba game i used to play.

3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

But what if it's not voluntarily but it's the game that kicks you out of a match (i.e.:bugs)?

4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

The price we have to pay for a clean PvP. For players like me who build their players mostly for PvP fun, the leavers ruin my day. I would be more that ok to accept the strict penalties. 15' is nothing, more like "go farm 15' and come back to ruin some other game".

5. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

What about u enter a match which is allready well on it's way and the only reason u could enter this match is because someone else left?
    Obviously the person left did that because it was a losing battle. In that case i'll leave immediatily, be honest, who would stay then when there is no chance to win? It would be a good thing that this entering a game because someone else nas left will be abolished.

I also find it ridiculous when u get the 15 min penalty when u leave a match before it actually start, u know that waiting time for enough players te begin the actual match.

6. spartawars

spartawars Someday Author

So i am an old player who started again to play dso,

What i see i cant agree with much of it, we all see where it goes.. But thats not this thread is all about.
    15 minutes waiting for the arena if u leave is understendable BUT if i get kicked from the game and get that same 15 minutes waiting, is it my fault or is it only a problem that needs to be solved?
    15 minutes is not a long time but taking 15 minutes for problems that you people in drakensang have, from my life is untoreable. I know u have lots of problems that only I can number 100 of them at this point, fix this one if thats not a trouble to your agenda where the game is heading.

thx for the therad.

7. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

Penalty for leaving the arena? I get crash or errors every day. Should I get penalty for that? Or if someone comes at my house and I need to exit the game for real life issues should I get penalty? Is this what you are saying?
    15 mins ban for pvp are enough. And honestly for me is still too much , bcs it happened many times to crash while doing pvp and then I got a 15 mins ban and I really was in a good mode for pvp.
    The problem you should point is that you have to wait 1 hour to register in a 6v6 match or waiting like 15 20 mins for a 3vs3 1v1 5v5 match.
    I don't think that there will be a problem if a player leaves the match and then the next player who register in the pvp match will be immediately introduce in the team. Many players register in pvp fights and many complains that the matches doesn't start.
    That is 100% the problem here... I asked support why the pvp match doesn't start talking about 1v1, you know what they said? They told me that their computer system (idk how to say in english exactly how they said) will chose an opponent with the same power as mine, on the same lvl as me, so you know what happened one day? I got a lvl 38 vs my char lvl 50, that was when lvl 50 was max.
    So yah don't complain about the ppl who leave , many have problems or maybe they simple don't want to waste 15 mins of their life being killed by 1 hit.
    Yah there are many players who gets 1 hit and has low stats, no reason to stay in that match. And many players register for a pvp match and even if a player leaves the match the one who register is still not introduce in the pvp match. Is what I see every day since the day I started to play the game.

8. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

There is allredy a sistem that works.No need for another one.How about few years ago when there was no penalty?
    If you want something ask to make more viable characters in arena so that they dont die from one hit.

9. ТнeRock

ТнeRock Forum Apprentice

true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.