Ambition and Despair

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by oldhermit229, Mar 10, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldhermit229

oldhermit229 Forum Greenhorn

It's just impossible to kill Khalys.

She got me like two or three blows.
    where is the so called protective seal on the ground?

How do I do this ?

Please help!

Thanks alot

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Khalys is not designed to be soloed. You need a team of at least two, preferably three, to help kill her clones. It is easier if one player is a tank and the other 1/2 are damage dealers, but it can be done with the right strategies with all damage dealers.

The protective seals are the four circles located at the north/south/west/east directions. They don't do anything during the fighting, they are for when she telaports back to the middle and does this huge andermagic wave that covers the entire floor except those four circles. She will also use a meteor attack on one of the circles and you need to jump to another circle to avoid a OH-KO.

Post your server and level, and you might find some people willing to help.

3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Khalys can be soloed if you have a decent 1H, as well as good hp, resist, and high armor, and block stats in combination with some way of regenerating hp. Easiest way to get the block numbers is with full black warlord set and wolf slayer absorber/shield (which means dk or mech) and hp/armor gear in the other defensive slots.

Not sure if its doable at the moment with old gear at level 55.

A 1H dwarf probably has the easiest solo strategy. I usually solo khalys a few times a week now by switching to 1H. I don't even bother moving gems as I now just keep 5 radiant rubies in my 1H and usemy shield as a high defensive gem holder.

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the lvl 24 pve quest (which is not that hard once it's figured out.)

@oldhermit229 You cannot dodge her ranged attack. While she is doing here beginning animation move around the room in a circle near the healing spheres that are already there*. If you have any kind of mount do this mounted. Once she has spawned somewhere near the outer edge of the and begins her ranged attacks use those spheres to stay alive until you can get to her and attack yourself. She will stop her ranged attack once she is attacked directly. At some point she will break off her attack and begin an animation that returns her to the centre. As soon as you see her start this quickly get to the nearest of the circles that surround the centre. Stay on one of these until the wave attack is over. Repeat as necessary.

She will heal some when back in the centre but it is not much for this quest. It will probably take a couple tries until you get the timing down.

*These HP spheres will replenish if it take more than 2 rounds to kill her.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

//edit// added *

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ambition_and_Despair Normal Khalys doesn't spawn clones. It is very easy to kill her solo even with a new character.
    If you are playing SW release the guardian infront of you ... he will take the blow.
    If you are playing ranger cast you wolves so they can heal you

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Oh, the normal Khayls? Wow... level up one or two more times and then it will be trivial.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Don't have to level up ...with blue essences she is very easy kill.

8. oldhermit229

oldhermit229 Forum Greenhorn

Thanks alot for all the replies guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.