Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

About quiver I can say that warriors have the axe.

In PvP i see low people that try to mark now because it is to easy to die before have shot the second arrow (example: try to mark and shot a 2H dwarf that use tourrets and run like no tomorrow, it' not so simple).

I don't want rangers to have 10k damage when the other classes have 10k too. What i mean is, with that bow+set(that doesn't fall from sky as tier3) rangers can have, what?, 5-6k damage? It's not a problem if they have it, because the other classes will have 10k
    (Always talking about good characters for all classes).

What skills are you talking about? Bird that hits like the probability to win 1M anders from jesters? Yellow arrows that needs a marked player before to do good damage? Explosive arrow that for mages is nearly sure-dodge if they have TP ready?

Before i shot with yellow arrow i'm death, so i should ask that other classes have a cast time for skill, because fireball is too fast, too strong and can be used frequently?

And, by the way, you are all like this:
    "oh no, ranger is too op in pvp, nerf him"
    "oh no, a renger ask to come in my team for pve. Rangers are too noob for lethal mode, so... REFUSED"

Minota likes this.
  2. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

PVP is just a different story, it needs to be fixed for everyone not just RA

As for skills, that was my point exactly, the RA skills are really bad
    That is why I also think that RA has the highest skill cap required among all classes (with SM obv. being the easiest :p)

3. UndergroundKiller

So, why you answered like... o_O

4. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

I answered like that cause i want ra to be improved but not by changes to their weapon (i just like how each class have their individual roles and game mechanics) but by improving the skill set offered to them

5. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hey there,

here we come again with some CM answers prior to the Twitch session, in which we'll talk a little bit more deeply about Dragan, the duration of it, and the issue with drops, which surely will offer some clarification to your questions. In any case, we're open and ready to hear all your complains and issues with the event. Just to put everyone in the same boat: this form of Dragan event (2 weeks instead of 4, 2 challenges instead of 4) is meant to be repeatable MORE OFTEN than before.

Hey there,

at the moment I cannot tell you this or that will happen with the ranger. But I can tell you that the team is talking about this because we do not want players to be disregarded from grouping just because they are rangers and they are perceived as weaker. We want to get all players equally welcome in groups and in order to do that, all players have to be able to contribute equally. Meaning that there are way more complex balancing measures in front of us rather than some ranger tweaking.

No updates, sorry. This is currently not in the roadmap and won't happen anytime soon.

Hey there,

the bonus code as compensation for the bumpy week was actually for everyone and got redeemed across all servers - so maybe the wording was not the correct one in this case since everyone got "compensated".

Hey there,

this nasty thing is not a bug but a connection problem that is affecting specially level 50 players across all servers, with more or less recurrence. Our team has been looking into this but it's not that easy a fix as it seems. They will implement some tracking measures with release 167 and hopefully this finally clarifies the origin and, by extension, the "cure" to this.

We'll mention more about it during Twitch and update the forums accordingly.
    I am personally very aware of the frustration that this entails. I cannot but repeat that the issue is more complicated than it seemed in the beginning but the team remains committed to fix it.

Thanks for your patience!

We're planning to have a Dev Diaries with our producer in the near future (beginning of April) and we hope to gather some interesting questions from the community for her to answer. And this may include new details about the agenda and the vision for the upcoming months, I'm sure of that.

Yep, we already did.

I think the last postcard we -the whole team of DSO- received was from the Vatican.

Hey there mister,

we may do something on our social media channels but we are not preparing any special promotions or sales relating to these particular shirts. At the moment we'd rather focus on other things ^^. Sorry about that!

Hey there,

the idea is still there but, by the lack of news you (and we) are getting about its development, I'd rather say we are going to tackle other focus points with Drakensang before shipping out another class. So I'm not even sure the deadline of this year still applies for this case and we'll need to see the bunch of features that get developed in the next months to give you a better overview about this.

So yeah, sorry, no ETA at all.

Hello hello,

the old Dragan set will be available at Gnob in the form of fixed Draken prices and also Lucky Spheres, yes. It will be always with Gnob for a fixed price (lower than what is shown currently on the TS) for the duration of the whole event. Later on it will feature in Limited Offers, every now and then.

--------------------------------------------

See you later on Twitch (or Youtube, since the video will go live there).

Cheers,
    Haruki

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yeah!!!
    Cool ... that means we will get one Dragan event every second year instead of as it is now ... one event every 4 years.
    Looks like we are changing sports now ... instead of Football (World/Euro Cup every 4 years) now we are playing Handball (every 2 years) :)

7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm going to put my thoughts about this latest "improvement" here instead of the official feedback because part of it may be a rant, and why make the mods work harder.

The good:

Once again, the art team did a wonderful job.

The almost good:

The idea of adding new sets and a new boss/map are actually good things.

The completely expected from DSO:

How sad is it that so many players equate the bad things with expected?

The idea of the new things was truly good, however, in typical DSO fashion, the thought process broke down right after the idea.

Instead of building upon what was the single most requested event, the dev's once again went out of their way to mess it up.

Adding random knights to Dragan was certainly not needed, but this has been the trend in DSO for months now. (although it is a poorly copied aspect from other games).

Removing the guaranteed drop.

I'm not sure how hard the person who suggested this had to bump their head to think that this was a good idea. The ONLY boss in the entire game that had a guaranteed drop has now been removed.

One of the most complained about aspects of DSO is the "random". So what does DSO do? They add more of it.

Then if that were not bad enough, you also take away the 1 set most players want.

Yes, it was added to the slot machine formally known as Gnob.

Finally DSO took the almost good idea of a spider boss, then made the drops random and basically pointless.

How to fix this mess:

Like most things, this did not have to happen. Nothing was wrong the Dragan event outside of being a too much of a grind. I can only assume that this is why the dev's needed to mess it up.

Too many players wanting the event? Too many players happy?

On normal mode, Dragan could continue to drop the Warlord set. Yes, there absolutely needs to be a guaranteed drop. It was plenty random enough.

On harder mode, Dragan could drop a guaranteed new tier 1 gear drops in random order.

On hardest mode, Dragan could drop a guaranteed new tier 2/3 drops in random order.

See how simple this is?

No need for extra mini bosses, Dragan is tough enough on his own.

Keep in mind that the entire idea is to get players to want to play the game.

Part 2:

If you are going to add another boss, it should have some reward for the effort.

Now I realize that DSO mistakenly made the Dragan event good for the players and is now trying to fix that.

1 kill = 1 good item.

Every other single map/boss/event is random and for the most part worthless when it comes to reward for effort.

This is not a secret. We all know it.

If there were a single dev who had ever played a game before, or maybe took 2 seconds to read all the thousands of posts from players about this game, they would have seen the easy solution.

Build upon what we have, not take it away.

Conclusion:

It was hard to put up with the nerfing.

It was hard to put up with the delayed promises.

It was hard to put up with the failed promises.

It was hard to put up with the broken promises.

It is impossible to put up with dev's that go out of their way to purposely ruin things that did not need fixing.

[​IMG]

8. trakilaki

Conclusion: Don't level up your characters to level 50 ... you will be getting "connection problems" :eek:
    Of course it is a bad code. ;)

Damn it ... Software Development Life Cycle needs to be updated

LudiGrozd likes this.
  9. Hey

So what can I do time you fix it ? Actually, my warrior is lvl 50, my spellweaver is lvl 50, my ranger is lvl 50 and my steam-mechanicus is lvl 50 : tell me wich char is unbugged and where I can hope play?

This bug appear with Compendium at R164, why don't implant a tracker a R165 or R166 and finnaly to "hope found the bug" and coorect it at R168 "if you found it".

I hope we will get a very big compensation, for now we can't play since 33 days, and in my opinion, we can at least add 15 days more : we can't do Defeat the Undefeatables, Drop event, Moons events and maybe Dragan by your fault ! ( By "your" i mean DSO-Team )

I'm in holidays, and in those days I farm at least 1M GoP per day. Since R164 I can't farm at least ~30M GoP :
    30 000 000 GoP/40 000GoP= 750 stacks
    750 stacks of 40 000GoP cost around ... 3 000 000 andermants.
    3 000 000/114 000 = ~ 26 packs of anders
    26*99.99 = ~2599.74€

So, I just saw in same time I done those calculs for first time that I "potentially" loosed 2600€ of game things since start of bug ... Wanna say : Dafuq :eek:

Seriously, please go fast for correct this bug.

Car comme on dit sur le "French Forum" : Ma patience a des limites, et faut pas faire chier darki si vous voulez pas finir éparpiller au quatre coins de Berlin façon puzzle !

[​IMG]

For who understand French ...
    Sorry for my bad English, but I do the best as possible to be comprehensible.

Cheers,
    Darkexecutor451 - yes I was the ones who spammed the Twitch's chat -

10. Bombita

Bombita Forum Apprentice

Dear Haruki you crazy? why the hell did you cut my long bow????you are the devilsl!!! can generally easier to remove archers from the game!You do realize that all absolutely everyone is telling you for years that spend the balance and make archers stronger, no, you're again screwed everything up!!!!the desire to place the action after seen immediately disappeared!How much longer can this go on? When you cease to mock the players who play
    for the archers?In the party refuse to take! in chat only visible mage or dwarf!!!! Heredur fatal only a mage or a dwarf!How long will it last???why don't you care about this situation???Why don't you do???But only to spoil and continue to cut the archers???BRING BACK THE OLD SETTINGS EITHER, PORITE ALL CLASSES!!!!IT IS UNFAIR:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  11. UndergroundKiller

Thanks @CM Haruki for your answer (that, truly, has nothing to do with my question)... maybe i wrote it really bad, so i'll write it again, with other words.

You (BP) made lucky spheres (that cost andermants) to give "free" drakens to heavy twink payers, letting them have good equipment for their characters? (Ruining the game of new poor players that don't know anything about pvp here)

12. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Well, we knew that was going to happen. If the long bow (which was obviously a copy paste job that wasn't finalized) stayed, everyone else would cry "OP!!!!", but if it was corrected to a reasonable and comparable long bow, then the butt hurt rangers would come and cry about how they are being discriminated against. I'm all for giving the RAs that bow back with 150% damage and 100 damage, but make it take up both the main hand and off hand slots. See if they still like it then.

EhtovK and -HARRA81- like this.
  13. Metal_Major_ZOD

Metal_Major_ZOD Forum Apprentice

Good sugestion. And since the longbow would occupy two slots why not match the spells to two-handed weapons of the other classes? How about that?

Minota likes this.
  14. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

the only people crying OP are PVP. If RA are offered a 2H weapon that means we cant use shield/quiver but can solo fatal bosses etc like all the other classes can, then I would be more than happy to use it and sacrifice the shield. as it is, this will become another pointless weapon for RA and we will still remain the lonely ones having to run alone PVE.

PVP, I cant really say because I gave that up along time ago when it was broken, but saying that a ranger can 1 shot someone when all the other classes can already do that (I know that wasn't you baragain I only quoted your post as last one) is hardly a call to nerf. there are a lot more things that need sorted than just nerfing RA constantly.

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  15. razokh

razokh Forum Greenhorn

this event was highly awaited... because we believed it would be like the old event....

16. taketh

taketh Regular

Hi,

How long did you, the mods, and the development team know that dragan would no longer drop the old set, was it before gnob had his offers? If so, why wasnt it communicated to us earlier. I am annoyed that gnob was starting to sell items like dragonache, and since it was rare for him to sell such items, players spent the last of their draken to get it. Now it appears that gnob is the only way to buy it, and even with the promised price drop, i imagine its going to cost 12k.

Do you realise how difficult it is to get that much draken?

Thanks.

17. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

Basically what I already sead.

18. I cannot speak for the CMs or the Dev Team or the Game Designer, but the Moderator Team finds out at exactly the same time as any other forum user. Except for the mod who posts the OA. They find out about 30-45 mins prior - depending how long it takes for them to create the OA thread. And I have already moaned in the Weekly Report about the lack of advance notice given to players about the change.

19. UndergroundKiller

It could be ok for me, but i don't want to see anymore crit (rate/damage) lines in two handed weapons. Rangers have quiver, why a mage 2handed can have a line with something like 1700 crit rate and more %damage aswell? 2handed weapons have high damage? Let them have it, but nothing more (except attack speed).

By the way, I don't dislike that bow (even if my pink bow has 82.88% weapon damage and 68 damage), I hate the reason why it was nerfed. I know it could be OP, but hey, it's a game, if you (not you = Baragain) made it a reason to live it's your problem.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  20. trakilaki

Did you deliberately omitted R167? Because with R167 the issue is getting wider ... now even those players who had no issues are starting to getting them.
    From my observation I can only state that this issue is happening because of the bad programming. Why? Because of those new features in the game they are always having higher priority during loading than the game play. Can I back this up? Yes I can. I have no issues with all my TS characters but my SW. Why with the SW? Because I have played almost all ... i have : all quests finished (compendium) meaning more content to load and screw up the game play, I have more items, It is level 50 character that has no limits in the features ... unlike the low level characters cap level characters are having more options to get spammed with (compendium, quest trackers, offers, event notifications ... etc).
    If you open the shop for the first time you will notice it is not loading the items like it used to ... they are all there ... because the devs gave the shop higher priority than the game play. It is loading before anything else. Same goes with the compendium.
    In short words ... those are the most important features for them ... those features that are making money.

Mawaka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.