Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'm confused by the previous post.
    Is spanky_time doing the time warp?

2. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Quick Question

Do the developers that deliver the players ie Consumers constantly bugged updates get a ban from touching the game ???
    Just asking because when the players touch a bug they get banned and your development team deliver bugged update after bugged update tbh I can not remember an update you guys have delivered without a bug in over 4 years playing
    Thankfully I am F2P so when I see a new bug in your game I just log off and do something else
    Another thing is the lag in your game it is getting worse I play Agathon server and anyone you ask who experiences lag does not do so doing anything on there computer but your "support" service always blames the user not the provider maybe you should look into this with so many people knowing they are not lagging your game is you are going to loose even more of the player base
    If your team even reads the forums or the comments on your Facebook Page you must see what a bad reputation your game is getting

3. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

So why was him in stalgard? :confused:

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Well that should not be addressed to me ... but to the devs.
    Because I certainly see an exploit here. (even though it is an old release in the video)

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  5. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

I know that this guy in the video had also 100 bonus codes for players... maybe he was allowed to enter stalgard as a promotional gamer... btw, I'll send it to support then

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It may be the case ... there are such players that are promoting the game (me being one of them).
    However ... that is not possible to be done in live servers but only to TS. The rules for live servers are strict.
    I can see this was done in live server.

7. fab

fab Advanced

Game bugs is overwhelming , players in pvp isnt receving damage properly.
    Fix it will ya, game is so irritating like hell with rubberbanding and mouse issues.
    List bugs just keeps piling up like a mountain of of trash

8. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

"In a nutshell, runes are the new unique gems, and take up 1 gem slot. These can only be added on a weapon or offhand item. They act as a stat multiplier, and are therefore very powerful in the right hands!"

/facepalm

Yogo and Viki like this.
  9. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

...doublefacepalm..:rolleyes:

Yogo likes this.
  10. AnnaConda

AnnaConda Someday Author

How does my level 33 Ranger get the second cloak (of Insight)? I completed all the quests then went to Kingshill to see Zahir but didn't get the cloak. What am I missing?

11. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

Do not have a quest for next cloak? You have probably low level. Do you really think second? http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak_of_Insight
    If you have level 33 and cloak has about level 12, the quest is too low from you and you do not see that Zahir has the quest. Try to click on him to activate the quest.

12. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

If you have all the material for that cloak you then need to buy the scroll form Zahir to complete the quest to get the cloak

13. AnnaConda

AnnaConda Someday Author

I've actully done the quest and completed all the goals. I will try buying it from Zahir, and see if it works this time.

14. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Don't You think something should be done to this stupid regeneration in pvp arenas???

[​IMG]

15. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

This is an obvious attempt to start another exaggerated campaign against DK class. Having set this up with your mate dragonknight, who had put all the HP gear on, used Life Keeper and all other HP regenerating equipment and gems, letting him heal for 6 minutes..
    In all my duels (and I am 4th in Duels ranking on the server) I never had any DKs to regain that much HP. Maximum I ever saw about 97k damage I dealt against a really good opponent. On average, it is around 30k-50k if you are really fighting, and it's not a setup.

Shame on you User330K.... that's all I can say

TwiliShadow and MikeyMetro like this.
  16. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Just as shaming as your look on this...

You are wrong on this. We aren't mates.
    Removed the names just to prevent abuses...
    Never even seen him. All he had is life and block without damage, and when he reached down to about 30% of HP he started running around with an unreachable speed for me.
    I have 3,3 attack speed, so I hit him 2-3 times more than he did (when I wasn't in stun).

But I don't feel I should run into explanations.
    It wasn't a set up.

Its just disgusting that a character can heal up in an arena without actually taking up a direct fight. Only running around to get healed up and wait for the final countdown...

17. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

No, this is just another proof of dumb idea of lifekeeper) to fight those healers you need to shift the balanced build towards damage. if you do so, you become unbalanced to fight other 'normal' chars. and there are plenty good tanks that deal good dmg despite using lifekeeper, so they could still double/triple HP over the course of the match, and also deal good dmg to kill you.

But with all those regen skulls, rings, belts - there are now tons of archers with similar regen too. Ive seen archers getting 80k dmg in a fight, winning it with close to full hp) same about some dwarfs.

But who cares, dso doesnt for sure. nothing will change, so we have to get used to it.

-Skygazer- likes this.
  18. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Ok, let's take a step back and have a look at the way you expressed it... You were not specific about LifeKeeper, that's for one. This point alone, is huge, as someone who gears up with all HP equipment and take that mace into arena, - they are not planning on fighting, they are planning on wearing you out and drag it to exhaustion.

Secondly, you came up against someone like that with the speed of 3.3 tells me that you were helping him to heal as your rapid shots (obviously not great damage) were exactly what he needed from you...

What sebastian_fl said pinpoints the problem here and if you expressed your thought in similar way, that would have me agreeing with you. Your statement was very generic and it had unfair pointers in the direction of DK class and that is exactly what I found shameful.
    I am not a fan of any arguments, disagreements or finger pointing, but please take this onboard for the sake of fair statements and to avoid any false judgements.

19. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Actually the one who created a generalizing opinion wasn't me.
    I made a question about healing in pvp arenas! The only generalizing thing in this is the HEALING itself. Why is this even allowed in arenas?? And what is even frustrating is, Why is this allowed in this extent? I don't care being beaten by an another player... Even I make mistakes during a fight, its not about losing to a better one. But to lose against someone who don't deserve to win with a kind of fight we see from the numbers. The one I fought should have been dead 10 times. THIS is what is kind of annoying....

-Skygazer- likes this.
  20. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

This is exactly an issue. because of one item some of the skills and more importantly whole setups became obsolete.

Some ppl would say lifekeeper is useless now, because everyone deals too much dmg. the are right, to some extend, and only if we talk about noob 1shot arena.

Lets nail few scenarios. player is a mage, opponent is similarly glyphed and gem-ed.

1. glass canon mode.
    A. would probably kill 2h DKs, and also those who only heal and deal zero dmg.
    B. would be 50-50 against other glass canon chars.
    C. will suck to every balanced char.
    Conclusion - this is noob play, used primarily because its expensive to change the setup after farming, and other quake fans.

2. offensive 1h mode, book.
    A. might kill 2h dk.
    B. might kill healing no dmg dk.
    C. will be 50-50 with offensive guys and glass canons.
    D. will suck to any char on a shield.

3. offensive 1h shielded mode.
    A. will kill most glass canons.
    B. has chances to kill the healing no dmg tank.
    C. will suck to balanced players.

4. balanced 1h shielded mode.
    A. should kill all 2h glass canons.
    B. should kill 80-20 both offensive and defensive players.
    C. will be 50-50 with other balanced players.
    D. might have issues with healing DKs, as doesnt deal enough dmg to fight against lifekeeper.
    E. will suck to balanced lifekeeper equipped tank.

5. defensive shielded 1h. (Regen)
    A. will kill glass canons.
    2. will be 50-50 with balanced chars.
    3. will never kill lifekeeler equipped tank.

So to play against lifekeeper, you have to use offensive setups. but those offensive setups suck to balanced player.

If you go balanced, you might not be able to kill the LK-dk, as not enough dmg, but also will have issues with defensive archers with huge regen.

To sum it up, that single item messed up the wholr game. it was mathematically wrong, and it is now. but ofc nothing will change.

That single item makes lots of setups and skills obsolete, as shielded player with ice/fireball/chain lighting just doesnt deal enough dmg to go against lifekeeper plus skulls plus rings plus regen skills.

If we take Power of the char equals his Survivability multiplied by his Offense, that single item adds whole new dimension into it, huge regen against non-glasscanon players.

So smart tanks would create balanced setup with lifekeeper. their offense will be 30-40% decreased due to the weapon being worse in terms of dmg, but at the same time they will triple their hp.

So they will kill
    1. glass canon mage thanks to just being balanced.
    2. 1h book mage, same as above
    3. balanced mage thanks to lifekeeper and their own balance.
    4. defensive mage thanks to regen.

Perhaps it is easier for archer, thanks to EA. but dont know.

But anyway, this is not worst thing about arena. and damage mitigation is not worst thing either. those are what I hate the most

1. I cannot get into 5v5. wait for hours. yesterday played 2 matches in 10 hours, even though was registered the whole time.
    2. cost to chage setup is ridiculous. my farming vs 3v3 setups are 300+ gold away. for that only reason I do not play 3v3 or 1v1. maybe DKs or Archers farming and pvp setups are close, but sure not in a case of mage.
    3. regen. this shoud not have ever be introduced into the game. some players are now just running around 3v3 arena without engaging in a fight, and you cannot do anything. and even if you dont die, you will later as opponent will start the strip-undressing routine.
    4. dwarfs. the whole concept of killing a player and running from the player at the same time if completely wrong. it is an absurd. and its not about dwarfs only. running, healing, dis-engaging in a fight should not be encouraged by BP, but it is now. this is the way BP designed players to play. its not an issue lf a dwarf. its BP. same about lifekeepers. sure tanks will use it if they know others are and it is the only good strategy. same about archers. why would they try to work hard as hit_twice&run strategy have never worked better? so archer is not engaged, as has no means to be engaged, but at the same time has EA. DK can engage, but decides not to against archer, as he sees the archer is not. and dwarfs just place their canons and run.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    trakilaki and -Skygazer- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.