Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -D-EnD-

-D-EnD- Forum Apprentice

Sorry i got confused . Firstly u told me to ditch Dragan set now to use it. Well yeah i was thinking to use Dragan Helmet/Gloves/Ring, then Grimmag boots and weapon adornment ( bc of total 95DMG) and Temple set bc of bonus for 3 parts 10% increaced DMG

2. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

I think Witch seeker would be better option than temple guardian, but that's just from the top of my head, maybe Traki has a more accurate answer.

3. -D-EnD-

-D-EnD- Forum Apprentice

actually i can`t place 3 parts :D . i forgot that helmet will be in use , so probably yes Witch seeker will be good idea

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I made a simple oversight :p ... you are probably newer player and you don't have the resources I have.
    Upgrading your Dragan set items (without the ring) for FREE (since Dragan event would probably come soon) ... is more effective way for you. You would get more damage, Health and armor by getting new items at higher tier.
    The old absolute damage enchantments are not that powerful anymore ... in example if you buy Tear Holder and upgrade it to T5 (you will need 1000 augment and draken cores) you would get much more damage. You can get ~190 damage only from the item without even crafting it with a legendary ring. On top of it you would get + 6% increased damage and attack speed. That ring is same like the Dragan's ... in terms of base stats. with the upgrade you would even get more Health Points and Crit hit.

5. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

I'd ask you to prove it with numbers, but since I know you I know this will never happen xD
    Pls show us how to compensate 40%incr. weapon dmg with the combination of helmet/gloves/boots. You cant, and you will dodge the numbers with some blabla, like always :D

6. trakilaki

Well ... you know me :eek:
    you must be confused ... it is not 40% but 22% (blabla) :D

7. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

:D much to learn you obviously still have about longbows and dragan set my padawan.
    Go check the numbers and calculate it yourself. An experienced player like you should know better than blindly trust item tooltips in dso. Little hint: 22+18=40

8. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Son, trakilaki might be wrong sometimes, but in this case he is not and you better not keep defending yourself, because you make yourself seem silly. As most of the good-experienced-not noobs players know, the new dragan set gives 22% increased weapon damage.What you count as 18% more dmg and its wrong is the damage from boots, gloves and helmet, which is 18% yes, but for 2H WEAPONS. Everyone knows already that the bonuses from the helmets, boots and gloves are only for 2h users, 6% increased damage for 2h weapons. The dragan set is good for longbow users only if they use 3 items for the set bonuses of 22% weapon damage, which is for both 1h and 2h users.

trakilaki likes this.
  9. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

I know what i am talking about, scroll back and check my mentioned "feature".
    Just try it yourself and calculate.
    I never state any fact unless I havent tested and calculated it myself properly, you know :)
    So before you trust any tooltips, just get yourself a longbow, dragan items and test it.

10. trakilaki

So ... you are saying there is a bug with the set that is taking longbows as 2H weapons and giving extra 18% weapon damage ... despite the fact longbows are 1H weapons?
    I didn't test it but even if it works it would be a bug.

11. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Why are you getting aggressive? I'm just telling you that I know what i am talking about and i tested it. Just go check it for yourself. It may state its for 2h only, but it does work with longbows. Ever heard of mathematical bugs in this game? nothing new here you know.
    So sorry that I have to doubt your knowledge mr. strong ranger, but unless you havent tested it yourself you cannot know it. I can prove it with screenshots for you if you like. Im not online atm, maybe tonight.

Yes, a bug, I'm just calling it a feature :) And it exists since lvl 55. And yes, i had reported it. But since most guys are playing 2h only it seems like they dont put a lot of priority on it.
    I havent tested yet if it works with longbows only, might just be the case for all 1h weapons, but i doubt it.

/e: doesnt change the fact btw that you cannot compensate the dragan bonus with any other items in these slots, be it 40% or 22% ^^

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  12. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

I just tested it. Yes, it gives more dmg and yes its a damn bug that noone has reported so far and nows its the time to report me maybe

---MERGED---

I dont care about bugs, i dont abuse stuff like that. i play fair. iF you are one of those who go and try to find bugs so that you can look stronger then fine

Last edited by moderator: Dec 17, 2017
    trakilaki likes this.
  13. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

That makes absolutely no sense but ok xD
    Its not about searching for bugs, this came to me the first time I used this set and a longbow since i realized immediatly my dmg doesnt fit my calculations. Any player that plays with some awareness should note that.

14. trakilaki

Bugs don't count ... imagine If I tell a player use it you get more damage and s/he craft the items with the best legs they have ... and then BP fix the bug ... the player would hate me for the rest of his/her life ... that could damage my 0 reputation :D

15. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

XD
    But as I said before, you cannot compensate the dragan bonus, be it 22 or 40 with any items for these slots.
    If there are, I really wonder which one these might be. And im pretty sure you cannot prove it. If you do, ill take everything back and crown you guru again ofc xD

16. trakilaki

Yes you can if you select items with both damage bonus and unique value ... since basically with dragan's set you should not have any unique value with 1h weapons.

17. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

The head is pretty much set with 3/1, 4/0, 2/2 enchantments, doesnt matter whether you use it on dragan or khalys/witch seeker helmet/...
    For gloves, attack speed is pretty much set too.
    Boots, yes sure you can use doti here, but you could also on dragan.

Unique values? Neither heredur nor khalys helmets give any reasonable dmg boosts or any other useful values that would free up other slots to get dmg in exchange. Witch seeker doesnt even have one (and the set's maxdmg is practically worthless), nor does vargulf. Did i forget an important helmet?
    For gloves there is actually nothing but q7, darkness gloves could be an option but way to expensive for the small values and set boni
    Boots, q9 but that set is rather bad, or you would want to use it in combination with dragan anyway. Same goes for kara set

18. trakilaki

Well you are wrong on this one ... I am aiming for different enchantments.
    I don't need speed and crit hit ... since my speed is already 2.50 (and I am still on my old leg longbow with 0.83 base speed ... which will improve by itself when craft a new unique longbow with 1.00 base speed) and the crit 25K without crafted items. You can trade them for damage ... and still be having max crit (infernal 2) and crit damage.
    Yes darkness items are one of the options.

////

also I have no use of the Dragan's ring (if you take it into combination for the set's bonus) ... Tear holder has same base stats as Dragan's ring ... but you can use the default enchantments to boost the damage and attack speed + 6% increased damage unique value.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  19. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

That still doesnt make sense. You can go full dmg on dragan helmet, boots and gloves as well and use the tear holder, which will render much more dmg than darkness items possibily could in any scenario.

20. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

Question, and I have searched , is any of the heart of darkness equipment worth buying? I await your answers all knowing oracle 's. Thank you. Also can one use two of the same rings? Does it help? Or is it allowed or is it cheating? I have had some in locker want to know so I can melt and/or use. Thank you again.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017