Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

As is almost always the answer is "It depends." The first question is "Does it benefit your build?" If not, then there is no reason to even consider the set. The second question is related to the set's biggest problem. How much are you willing to spend to make the set good? The biggest problem is the random base stats, the costs of each piece, and the cost to augment it up to T5. You could spend tens of thousands of Draken and still only end up with an OK set. There are much more valuable things to spend draken on, like the HP runes.

2. MadMagnum

MadMagnum Forum Greenhorn

I'm still pretty newbie and i have a few questions about the game.

1. Can i combine the essences of aggression to a higher tier? Basically, I've collected quite a lot of "Mighty Essence of Aggression" but now "Potent Essence of Aggression" have started dropping which are better. Can i upgrade the mighty variant to potent, if not are the mighty ones useless or should i still keep them for the easier bosses?

2. Are Mystic Cubes something i should just open whenever i get them or are they something i want to open when i reach level 55 (40 currently)? Same goes for the presents from the current event, I've collected a lot of them and don't know if i should either open them, give them to Phestos for solstice coins or save them for when i am a higher level.

3. I'm a DK, my base damage is 730-828, HP is 8,5K, Armor is 3,2K and each of my resistance values is 1,4K. How good is this for my current level? (40) Everyone seems to do a lot more damage than me.

4. Why do golden presents not stack? I have a stack of 2 golden presents (somehow) and each one i get afterwards takes up a new slot in the inventory instead of stacking, if i drag them over they just exchange slots.

5. I've got a "Golden Horn Helmet" from one of the quests early on, which is level 1, I also have a "Robust Norseland Pauldrons" which tell me to use a equipment refiner which i saw i can buy. However the golden horn helmet doesn't have that, it has 3 sockets and all it has is some armor value. When i got this i was already way past the point this would be considered remotely useful. It's background is blue, like in a magic rarity item but it has a golden outline, like the mystic cubes. What can i use this for?

6. I've gotten to the Misty Ridge and the quest rewards seem to be way too high. Usually i would get 20-80 andermant for the quests i do and a very small amount for delivery or talking quests. But in the Misty Ridge i've been payed a whopping 350 (not the exact amount, it was more) andermant for a collecting items quest, it was quite a few items and it took a bit of time but i spent way more time on quests like this earlier which only awarded like 30 andermant. I've also gotten 150 andermant from one quest and another 350 (don't remember them clearly and once again, the numbers are rounded) I've also been payed 90 ander for a simple delievery quest. I'm not complaining but it seems kind of weird that i'm being payed so much for such a simple quest while quests in atlantis awarded me around 50 andermant for the most tedious annoying quests ever. Is this intentional or a bug/mistake?

EDIT: Fixed 6

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1. No

2. Wait until level 55 will be my recommendation

3. Don't worry about other players damage/armor. There's a good chance that person is a twink.

4. Old presents from 2016 event do not stack with new 2017 event presents, and presents of a different tier (I, II, etc) do not stack.

5. Golden Horn Helmet is obsolete. Also, equipment refining is (almost) new worth your time.

6. Ok.

MadMagnum likes this.
  4. MadMagnum

Thank you for a quick answer, however i do not have any 2016 presents since i started in 2017 and none of them stack, except the 2 i somehow have stacked.

Sorry about the 6th, i meant to ask if it was intentional since it is a huge reward increase and doesn't really make sense.

5. _Baragain_

1. No, but it is a commonly requested feature.
    2. Wait until LVL 55 because the gear is your level. You will also have a chance at a unique set that comes out of the cubes that will give you a nice boost to your stats. DO NOT TURN IN PRESENTS FOR COINS! It is a rip off! The number of coins you get from doing the quest is equal to the number of coins you can farm in 5-10 min duing the mini event, but costs you presents that likely took an hour or more. Plus, you are missing out on all the items for selling/melting/crafting. Wait for LVL 55 for those too.
    3. I can't really tell you how good or bad those stats are. Ever since they rebalanced the items after they released LVL 55, I don't have any frame of reference. I will tell you that if you are outfitted with magic, extraordinary, and legendary gear (with the occasional unique thrown in), that is at or near your level, then you shouldn't have any issue clearing normal content. Don't start really paying attention to your stats until you reach LVL 55. Then you can take a look at the various "Show what you have" threads for some idea of what you can work towards.
    4. Check the icon. Presents come in T0-T5 and have a little roman numeral to tell you which it is (T0 has no mark). The ones that don't stack are different tiers and that is why they don't stack.
    5. Don't waste refiners at your level... in fact, I'd recommend to any player not to use equipment refiners if the item's level is below cap because you get ripped off with respect to the base stats and any absolute unique values. At your level, just level up, farm a new item, and replace what you have. And the golden horn helmet... sell it, melt it, throw it away... what ever you do, don't worry, you won't miss it.
    6. If it is a bug, it's been that way for over 3 years. When they first released that area, we were all pleased to finally get a respectable amount of andermant for our quests. In actuality, those are the best quests in the game. The rewards go down a little in the LVL 45-50 area and stay about the same in the LVL 50-55 area.

6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The presents you get from the "snow globe" (solstice cave) are of the old style and do not stack with the new T0 ("") presents. However, they do drop new style items, which was unexpected since the "boxes" are old style.

7. MadMagnum

Thank you guru for your detailed answer and explanation. Should i keep the extraordinary/legendary equipment until i reach level 55 as well? The ones that give you a random piece of said equipment.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Use whatever you get until you get to 55 ... then you can melt/sell them one by one while replacing them with better gear.

9. kavekanis

kavekanis Forum Apprentice

Is my impression or yellow values in% weapon damage are reduced? this is from weeks ago. thxs

10. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Not my impression at all.

11. _Baragain_

Try "months ago"

They used to be ~72%-80% for a gold line. Now the best I see is ~71.5%-76.75%. It's been like this since shortly after the level cap was raised. It's annoying because I'm trying to craft a 4/4 gold line legendary right now with 3x%IDotI > 77.5% and the last line between 75% and 77% because I can't get anymore of the higher damage lines anymore.

12. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Before level 55 the maximum damage line on a two hand weapon was hanging around 80%

13. -D-EnD-

-D-EnD- Forum Apprentice

Can I ask why all Longbows turned into 2h bows and lefting nothing good for 1h build?
    And is it possible to bring back Bear bow into 1h like before
    Why the bow from bone coins shop cannot be crafted , bc this bow have a really good base, and really bad looking

14. _Baragain_

Part of the reason is to keep the Ranger items in line with the other classes. They were long bows in the past because those were the closest things to a conventional 2H weapon. When siege bows were introduced, it only made sense for these items to become siege bows with the same sorts of damages that DKs/SMs/SWs received. In fact, if they hadn't, there would have been many Rangers complaining about that too.

15. trakilaki

MikeyMetro likes this.
  16. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

I have a doubt that is hammering my brain that is in a weapon that appears at the moment 0:36 for the mechanic, Does anyone know where to get it? I thought it would be in the destructor but there is no such weapon.

17. trakilaki

Which one?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you are asking about Storm Revolver of Destruction ... you can get it from any monster in Myrdosch

OrochimaruSama likes this.
  18. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

Thank you, it was that(Storm Revolver of Destruction). Do you have the maximum status of this weapon available?

19. trakilaki

It has probably same base stats with Gat of the Wolf Slayer and since T3 is the max tier you can get (without upgrading) ... these are the stats on T3

[​IMG]

Here is how it looks like (all classes are having a same pattern)

[​IMG]

20. _Baragain_

Bump?