Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Somehow people always miss things I say and try to tell me things that I already know.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No you didn't know ... you are just trying to play word games :D
    You were talking about the first try and selecting from the menu ... otherwise you wouldn't even include this phrase
    in your post :p Because there are no benefits at all.

Iliaki likes this.
  3. _Baragain_

Again, you didn't read. "Benefits" are relative, and just because it would not benefit you does not man that it has no benefit to anyone, in any circumstances.
    Basically, if you don't have premium and can't re-roll dailies, you may find yourself doing crafting dailies. Usually, someone in that position takes four random green items and crafts them together and who cares what they get since it is only for the daily. But, say they have four green torsos, all of them "junk," they can craft them together with the random craft option, save a little gold, while also knowing what they will get out. That output item has a very low chance that the random line will be what they are looking for, but it is a positive, non zero probability. It can also have more slots than the average of the items put in which matters to people who are planning on using their crafted equipment while building their character up. Even it the output item doesn't have a lucky gold line, it can then be used as a junk item for normal inherited crafting of blue to exo.

Come on Trakilaki... You know me better than that. And I expect better attention to detail from you than this. All the hours you've been putting into testing R208 must have you off your forum game.o_O

Jhinstalock likes this.
  4. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

If the price of random craft is lower, then it's a good thing. Also good point on possible higher gem slots & gold line chance.

5. trakilaki

Exactly ... that is why I know you are trying to get out of the mud you got into by deflecting the discussion to ... hum ... to what you call
    and it seems you don't pay attention to details yourself :)
    When I say there is a bug ... there must be a bug ... that is the end of the discussion. Not just because I know better than you but just because i work more than you :p
    This is the workbench's behavior today:
    1. By only inserting the items you get no possibility to craft
    [​IMG]
    2. you will have to select from the list. If you select from Rarity Upgrades you get this
    [​IMG]
    3. If you select from Inherited enchantments you get this
    [​IMG]

Now you are wondering "what the hell is he talking about and telling me all these stuff I already know" ... yea you maybe know but like you said "someone is not paying attention to details" ... and that is not me :p

Let us take a closer look on both cases.
    Besides the new message which is still not localized -- "multiple recipes found" in the first case the description says:
    "combine four magic items to craft a random extraordinary item."
    In the second case description says:
    "combine four magic items of the same equipment slot to craft a extraordinary item with two inherited and one random enchantment."
    The way it is now on live servers the workbench is "smart" and it is always selecting the right craft ... that is not the case on TS.

Now ... in the first case we are getting random item ... but why? You know math right? If there is a 100% chance of getting something ... then we can't be talking about "random" and there is not randomness in it. How do we know this ? Because we have 4 items of same type (4x amulets) ... and we can never get anything other that amulet.
    And here comes the part you don't pay attention to.
    It is written in the description "One of these items must always be of a different equipment slot type than the other three." .
    There you go ... one of the conditions is not fulfilled (all items are of same slot type) which means we have false selection ... yet the workbench was selecting the wrong crafting type. That means it is a bug by default.

Even if the dev's intention is to make us select the crafting type after each revert (which would be disaster) ... like you are saying ... there was a bug again. Because the workbench was selecting the wrong type of crafting ... at least now (with the new version) is not selecting anything.
    Just to show you how much bugged the workbench is ... take a look at this
    [​IMG]
    Two bugs at same time ... a random extraordinary item where there is no possibility of randomness .... and it is comparing it with Amulet of Kraken which is not even equipped (as you can see i am wearing Kranparus' amulet).
    Not to mention the other workbench bugs and the features that are not working (confirmed in the latest changelog) ... and one of the funniest bugs/exploits a have discovered since the start of this "Rebalancing" ... i could make ... and I did make royal gems out of few radiant gems :D. I have reported it and fortunately it has been fixed.

And before you reply defending yourself again ... just let it be and admit there are at least few bugs and the workbench is not working as it should.
    If someone is asking me ... my answer would be : this is all wrong. They shouldn't come up with portable workbench and they shouldn't have made the gems and runes crafting on the workbench. Jeweler should be separated from the workbench. Because this way like it is now on TS ... it is simply a disaster. We have to go to jeweler remove gems/runes ... then we have to open the workbench craft them ... and then again work with the jeweler. And this silly crafting slowdown (if they decide to make us select from the menu after each revert) is ridiculous because we can lose gear because of wrong selection ... but wait until we get connection or server issues. We were trying to spend as less possible time on workbench because of that ... and now the time needed to even craft a single item would be exponentially increased. Ohhh ... not to mention the portable workbench that is the stupidest decision of all times. I know at least 4 exploits that were not working only and only because there was no workbench in any dungeon. Now they are making them possible.

At the end ... don't forget
    keep the train (t)rolling
    [​IMG]

Iliaki likes this.
  6. _Baragain_

I never said it wasn't bugged right now. I simply explained the roots of the rumors which involved explaining how I think the developers intended it to work and why it was likely to be misunderstood or how it could cause issues in the future. You missed the points I was making and went off on a huge tangent.

7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Hey gurus, I've got some questions about 208.

1. If you start a new character (or alt) with wisdom bonus, how long (your best estimate) will it take to go from 0 to max in wisdom points?

2. How long (your best estimate) will it take to go from current max (255) to the max?

3. How many levels do you think players will drop initially (until wisdom can be built up)? Example, if you can solo inf 3 now, will you drop to inf 2? inf 1?

4. Once you max out your wisdom (with some of the more interesting new possibilities) what do you think the new max dmg will end up being?

5. Given that wisdom will no longer be available for pvp, do you think that this is the first step in the right direction for balancing pvp?

6. I believe that in the end, most will adapt to the changes and be better off (at least in pve) in the end once the wisdom is maxed out, but do you feel like this boost in stats will be better for the game or just lead us down the road to future nerfs because of the higher stats?

piteris2 likes this.
  8. Jhinstalock

I'm not a guru, but I love your questions.
    1. In terms of hours, a few hundred is my best bet but it's almost impossible to know.
    2. Same minus 10% ^
    3. 2-3 Levels for the casuals, but it's more of a guess :p
    4. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    5. I think this is a great step in the right direction. PVP needs only nerfs, weaker characters make it more skill-based and challenging.
    6. Probably a good step too. People are getting too strong compared to the monsters. Devs couldn't have foreseen this, but rather than continuously adding more difficulties, allowing you to get even better gear, simply making max stats "less good" is a good choice.

9. _Baragain_

Current system, 220 days if you only get 250 from your daily quests, but as little as 138 if you get all 250/150 combos. Averaging out with drops, I'd estimate about 5 months.
    Not a clue. I know wisdom will drop in stacks and bosses can drop max size stacks, but without a solid feel for the drop rate, I don't know. If someone held a gun to my head and said guess like your life depends on it, I'd estimate 9+months with leapfrogging bonuses or 12-14 months without, but heavy boss farming to compensate.
    I tested with reds to simulate my live server damage with only LVL 55 worth of knowledge invested, but I was still short on Crit, Crit Damage, and Speed. That said, I was able to comfortably farm fatal. By that test, I doubt anyone will drop more than two difficulties. According to their chart about the changes to mobs, if someone is already farming Inf2/3, they may only drop one level.
    Stay tuned, I built the spreadsheet and just need to plug in numbers... I'll do that when I get home.
    Yes. With how huge the knowledge system is going to be after this release, it would have made the gulf between new players and old players even wider. I think their next move should be to address the gap between T0 gear and T6 gear. The easiest way to do this would be to scale everyone's gear in PvP to T0, but keep the enchantments and gems the same. After that, they need to scale skill damages to be PvP specific so that PvP can be balanced separately from PvE.
    I believe this is just standard issue power creep. Monsters will get tougher, sets will get more powerful, and balance between PvP and PvE will end up even more out of whack unless they change how PvP skills work... see above comment.
    This depends on the drop rate. If the drop rate is high enough, it becomes about time spent farming. In the past, because of the rate, most knowledge came from dailies and time had to be measured in days, not hours. I'll revise this estimate once 208 goes live.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Conqueror21 and piteris2 like this.
  10. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

I have a (noob) question for the DK Guru @_Baragain_ :
    so I’ve hardly played as DK in the game, but I’m planning on starting a new toon sooner or later. Now everyone keeps talking about how aggro is so important gor a DK and how the more aggro the better (or something like that). Why is that and how exactly does aggro work?

11. _Baragain_

Tanking only works if the mobs attack the tank instead of the damage dealers. That focus is called aggro. To oversimplify things, there are two primary kinds of Aggro: DPS based Aggro or Forced Aggro. Tanks generally dont have enough damage to out DPS their allies and hold agro that way, so they rely on Battle Frenzy to force the monster's agro to the tank. The down side is that the forced agro only works for a matter of a couple of seconds, so you practly need to spam that attack. If the tank loses the forced agro, the monsters/boss will go after the squishy damage dealers and heads will roll. A tank that can't hold agro is worse than useless... they are a drain on everybody else's resources since the map will be more difficult as it is scaled for more people than are actually contributing.

piteris2 likes this.
  12. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

But how does it benefit the tank to hold aggro? Why is it an advantage? I mean, I get that it’s useful in group runs, but is it useful in any other way?

13. Iliaki

Iliaki Forum Apprentice

I couldn't agree more @Trakilaki.....I couldn't agree more... not only on this specific topic, but on many others also.

trakilaki likes this.
  14. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The tank generally has high hp and hp regen, so the tank can just stay and absorb all monster attacks and regen while holding the mobs. everybody else just goes max damage and uses skills that can target more or less stationary and non-attacking objects from their point of view.

piteris2 likes this.
  15. _Baragain_

It doesn't benefit the tank directly... he takes a beating. :p
    That said, it's the tanks job to take the beating and ask for more. As Novadude pointed out, by holding the target and regenerating HP, everyone else is free to max out their damage. Indirectly, the tank benefits from holding agro successfully in that he gets invited to groups. However, outside of group runs, when running solo, the agro skill is worthless for a DK since the DK will attract the monster's attention simply by being in their field of view.

GoulishNightmares and piteris2 like this.
  16. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Makes perfect sense ;)
    Thank you to @_Baragain_ and @Novadude

17. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Did they remove wisdom from the daily quest?It's strange that you need more time to go from 255 to man then from 0 to max

18. trakilaki

It depends on many things ... but let me ask you first : are we talking TS or live server?
    - if TS - you can get there instantly :D
    - if live server - it will take a while ... I can't make proper prediction knowing that I bought the max wisdom and I am not getting ancient books from drops.

It will depend on mentor boosts, how much you play per day, what you play ... etc.
    I don't know ... it may take few months or longer.

I m in partial disagreement with the other Hare Guru on this one.
    If we take a look on this screenshot
    [​IMG]
    posted here https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/game-rebalancing-feedback-thread.75346/page-12 we can come to conclusion that in term of strength the players will not lose much ... in fact they will gain more than they have now.
    BUT ... there is a tricky part. It depends on your build.
    If your build is 2H you will definitely lose travel speed if you were using it before the changes.
    Also 1H builds will gain more than 2H builds. But we are only talking about the start ... since that was the question. In long term 2H builds will still be better choice for PvE ... unless you are having ultimate powerful 1H build (which will only get closer to 2H builds but not better).
    Believe it or not my build will lose nothing ... in fact i can gain more than the others.
    That is because I have never used travel speed or concentration boosts from the wisdom tree ... also our attack speed will get higher because most of us were using Behemoth which is lessening the attack speed by 10% ... now we can use all the damages without handicap. My Health should become ever higher ... and the main change here is the crit hit and crit damage boost. Now 4/0 damage Helmets are "must have" in PvE.
    All that said ... i don't think there should be any drop of levels from the start. We could be slowed down a bit ... but if we were playing Infernal II before ... we will still be playing Infernal II after the changes. Because as shown in the picture we can get almost all useful talents from the start ... the rest of them are not game changing.

Without the stacking buffs and group buffs the damage should be pretty much the same for 2Hs and slightly boosted for 1Hs
    I am expecting to finally get over 20-23K with 1H.
    Not necessarily.
    As i said in the other thread ... something is wrong in PvP. it could be the bugged skills maybe. Only time will tell.

I don't think ther will be any difference in solo playing.
    The group playing will get buffed up a bit. However these group skills are unreliable ... most of them are made to help group playing but in fact are totally breaking the group play. Mainly because of the restrictions in ranges that players need to pay attention to.
    Group play doesn't mean you are playing stuck together all the time ... every member has its role and often groups have to disperse at longer distance ... which is a problem for the group buffs.

Yes ... it has been removed.
    [​IMG]

Buuuuu :)

19. Jhinstalock

I like this idea very much :)

I wrote hours because it has been removed from daily quest, and from a little farming I made my best estimate. I was getting a lot of stacks of 1 wisdom and 20, depending on the mob, and rarely the 5s and 10s. I bet that maps with lots of Leader/Champs will be good for getting wisdom; they seemed to drop quite often :)

20. _Baragain_

Says who? That noob Trakilaki? Don't believe anything he says. :p

All kidding aside, he probably misunderstood the post he quoted and meant to say that it has been removed from the Daily Deal (which is has), but it is still very much in daily quests.
    [​IMG]
    This is the important part. If you can earn knowledge faster through farming than you can from dailies (which seems likely), then it may be better measured in hours of play than days, but that is simply the hypothesis.