Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I so have to weigh in here. From what I've see, the Ancient Wisdom to get Wisdom points isn't changing. And currently it takes 164,500 Ancient Wisdom to get from Wisdom level 0 to 55. In 208, I do not know how high the Wisdom points is going to go, but suffice it to say that from 50 to 55 it is 5500 Ancient Wisdom per Wisdom point. Based on the previous 5 levels (and earlier), to get from 55 to 60 Wisdom points it will take 6000 Ancient Wisdom per Wisdom level (and another 500 more for each level per 5 levels).

Now, for calculations:
    Case 1) Your first and only character: If you only get 250 Ancient Wisdom from the first daily each day (worst case), then it will take 658 days (* that's approximately 1 year and 9 months *) to get to full Wisdom.
    Case 2) Your first character is at Wisdom 55 and your on your second character: If you only get 250 Ancient Wisdom + 250 Mentor bonus, then your looking at 329 days, or almost 11 months.

In any given / not given case the following will affect / accelerate your progress:
    • how much you play per week changes how much Ancient Wisdom you get to farm.
    • having/not having premium or willingness to spend Andermant to get the "sometimes there" secondary Ancient Wisdom (mostly 150, occasionally 250).
    • your luck in getting the secondary 150+ wisdom more than once every 2 to 5 days.
    • your willingness to outright *buy* Ancient Wisdom
    • having two characters (from the beginning) and doing the dailies for the first reward on your "off" character, thus alternating who is the leader and who gets Mentor bonus (this is called Leap Frogging Wisdom). Granted when you get your main character all the way to Wisdom 55 (and your alt character by definition) then you have a good Wisdom End game character and a Super Wisdom "new" character.

(Leap Frogging may be the only current way to make a new... ** what did they call them.. dweebs, twits, twats,... ** Oh phoey! It doesn't matter anyway, they were just annoying.

In reality, if you have a life, your second character (presuming that you mostly stop playing your primary character) will take around 8 months to get from 0 to 55 wisdom if you didn't create it when you created your first character.

As for the daily challenges, it seems that these days the first slot is always 250. It wasn't always that way. I remember many days last year and the year before when there was no Ancient Wisdom at all. And many days that the first slot had only 150 and there wasn't a second. I did the long haul "leap frog" where I gained greatly on one character, then greatly (with catch-up Mentor bonus) with the other character, then back to the first character. As such, my 46 DK is only at a Wisdom level of something around 21, where my long time 55 SW is about to (today I think) make Wisdom 52. Just 3 more points to go (16500 Ancient Wisdom / average of 350 per day = 48 more days, or 6.5 weeks) to get to max wisdom. Somehow, I'm pretty sure we will get 208 on the live servers before I get there.

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

So if i have level 55 wisdom now it'll take 9 months to get to the maximum, but how does someone that starts from 0 get to the maximum in 5 months?

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Mentor bonus is +200%... 250+500=750.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Huh? Where did I say wisdom has been removed from daily quests? It has been removed from Daily Deal.
    Who would even ask about daily challenges?
    Even if I bought max wisdom level on TS ... I am still getting wisdom from daily challenges.

Incorrect it is 100% :p
    It has been changed long time ago.

5. _Baragain_

Ummm, read what you quoted and what you said in response:
    [​IMG]
    That is why I said:
    To the rest of the world, I have an announcement about a recent discovery... Apparently Trakilaki is indeed a fallible human, just like the rest of us.
    Guess I'm just human too. Shows how long it has been since I worked with a low level toon.

6. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

I'm wrong about the daily quests. I assumed they were also removed there, without checking. I'm also assuming that we won't be getting a laughable 250 anymore from daily quests once this is released. Perhaps 5000.

7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Mentor bonus is 100%, but it does not work on daily challanges, only on drops (as of r209).
    It's still 250 wisdom per 1st daily, I'm assuming the 6th stays also the same (100-150-250 randomly or creatress tears).

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

That is how long it takes currently.

I think that Baragain missed the part or simply doesn't have a best estimate about how long it would take a new (or alt) to go from 0 to max on the new system. Or maybe he was thinking 12-14 months for the total????

The test character I have has been getting drops of 1 and 5 wisdom as I am forced to run regular maps due to the boost in monster/boss strength.

Since my time on the test server is very limited, I hesitate to make a guess on how long it might take to go from 0 to 16?? simply because I don't have enough testing time to average it out.

It does seem better than now (current from 0 to 50 or new equivalent) but because of the new system (how you spread out points) newer characters begin weaker than under the old system.

As an example, with the current system at 15 wisdom you open up behemoth, and your dmg doubles. With the new system it doesn't quite work that way, so you don't gain dmg the same way.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  9. trakilaki

I thought he was talking about DD.
    Correct.
    That means that daily challenges are not even relevant anymore when it comes to wisdom ... since the wisdom you get from them is so small.

It takes 1,644,097 wisdom to get to level 200
    I have made few runs with a weak level 55 toon 30 minutes ago ... I have pretty much painted the picture and made average (later below).
    Newer characters will start weaker ... that is true ... BUT ... they can get to current level 55 in wisdom in very very short time.
    That means that newer characters will get there in few days ... depending on the playing time and/if they have mentor.

So here is my estimate on how much time will be needed to get from 0 to 200.
    Note: I am assuming that the drops are same on all levels and they are not level dependent. The drops I will talk about are for level 55 (exp. not wisdom).
    My estimation shows ... it will approximately take around 33 to 60 days to get to cap level 200 from 0. This one is based on a character with a wisdom mentor ... if the character has no wisdom mentor it will take x2 time.
    In short: a character with a wisdom mentor can make around 50K per day.
    1644097/50K=~33 days
    This estimation is dependent on daily playing time. Those who play more will gain more.
    In other words ... gangbangers and cheaters can easily make 50K per day. The others who are playing around 10 hours a day can make around 20-25K ... in this case they will need something like ~66 days (with mentor).
    Without mentor they will need double of that time. (~132 days)
    Casual players will need months or years to get to level 200.
    For now ... I won't be saying what kind of methods or "techniques" i was using for farming ... to get to the average.
    Later on ... when all bugs and stuff will be gone ... i might create a "Wisdom Farm" Wiki Guide.

Also ... i know of another method that is super fast but i think it is a bug ... therefore I am not counting on it.
    With this method ... gangbangers and cheaters can make 115200 wisdom in 24 hours active game play.
    That means they can get to level 200 from 0 in ~2 weeks with a mentor and one month without it. :D
    Don't ask anything about this method ... i won't tell you anyway. :p

Rhysingstar likes this.
  10. Rhysingstar

Thanks Trak, that helps a lot.

We'll have to wait and see if all maps are equal, but this gives everyone a starting point.

Based on your math, a casual player (4 to 5 hours per day - 10K in wisdom) will reach max in roughly 165 days. Not completely horrible.

If things remain the same and players can at least fill enough dmg and hp to keep what they have to begin with, this should end up being a good thing.

I am excited about getting that free speed boost (no behemoth punishment) and tweaking of crit with the wisdom tree.

I'm still a bit concerned about the buff to bosses. Currently I can make it through inf 1 going slowly (I lack hp and resist) so if I'm forced to go back to fatal it won't be the worst thing in the world.

However, if this boost for bosses is across all levels in the pw (as they are saying), those newer/weaker players who are stuck in painful may not be able to do boss runs solo anymore which will have a serious impact on their development.

Yes they can always group up, but that may or may not be easy (depending on the server and time of day that they play).

11. Jhinstalock

Don't worry about it too much. Unless the bosses attack faster, more health/damage will not have much impact. Those with the necessary skills will still kill them, and those without will still wait for groups. It's good for them to have a challenge before getting decent gear :)

12. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Quick question(s) for @_Baragain_:
    Which is better for PvP - a tank DK or a DPS-build DK?

Also, how can I get materi fragments apart from killing mobs? Do I get them from the PW quests as well?

13. Rhysingstar

According to all the "Nerf the DK" comments, a 1h DK is invincible. Although those of us who actually play a DK know better.

I would say that for 3v3, 5v5 and 6v6, a 1h is the way to go.

For 1v1, you can probably win quite a few if you're equipped right and can get to the opponent quickly enough.

14. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

So it you’re a tank in a 1 vs 1 you wait until exhaustion starts and you win (since you have super high HP and super low damage)?

15. Jhinstalock

I faced a tank in a 1 vs 1 about a minute ago. If they can outheal your damage with battle rage, you're screwed. If not, you have a chance by evading them for a while while putting out damage. Unless you're strong enough to be an uber tank, 2 handed is the way to go. All you have to do is waste their escapes and lock them down.

16. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

When it comes to tanking, do you think the recent nerf of the Battle frenzy/Outburst skill (5 point talent) in the test server is significant when it comes to HP regen?

17. _Baragain_

Right now: A 1H Tank.
    Post R209: Still a 1H Tank.

Actually, it is the opposite. If you wait until exhaustion to start damaging them, you are at the disadvantage. If they hit you a couple of times, but stay out of your range, you might be lucky to land a couple hits while they pummel you. Without regen, they will win. But, if you keep on the offensive during the match and heal all the time and run/heal when your HP is getting a little low, you will enter exhaustion with nearly full HP and they will have reduced HP. Now, all you need to do is doge their attacks while exhaustion does it's work.

A well build 1H DK is nearly unbeatable in 1v1. The only viable strategy is to spend two minuets dodging and then unleash hell on the DK once regen is disabled.

It is not surprising that they took the extra HP since these sorts of buffs are now a part of the group skills. The regen is unchanged, and because it is the only reliable regen for 1H DKs, DKs will continue to use it. Because DKs will keep using it, they may or may not use the new 5 point skill in PvP. Even though 30% chance seems low, the fact that DKs will already be using it means that odds are that the effect will trigger in PvP regularly. It may only have a 30% chance, but, if it triggers, it doesn't need to be aimed and can't be dodged, if the opponent is within range. That will force the other player to debuff and waste an escape skill or suffer 60% damage. I've predicted the future before, and now I predict that RAs, SWs, SMs will be all sorts of upset by this skill and calling for a nerf. Regen and an 30% chance at an unodgable DoT skill... yea, it's going to be annoying in PvP.

piteris2 likes this.
  18. Also keep in mind Piteris that agro can be 'stolen' by other classes sometimes. Mage guardian, Rangers wolf pack or tree and mech's jack in the box are to be avoided in high levels if agro rentention is crucial. Correct me if im wrong Doc.

piteris2 likes this.
  19. trakilaki

Yeah ... you are wrong :p
    Wolves/tree are not taunting/pulling aggro
    Tanks are having super high HP ... super high defense ... and supper high offense.
    They can one-shot kill you.
    Good luck running and waiting for exhaustion with them :D
    Because it will never happen :)

piteris2 likes this.
  20. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

How do tanks have super high offense stats-wise? I thought that since they have such high defence, they can't have high offence at the same time...