Ask the Gurus in English

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by trakilaki, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I've tried with every extra one and every attempt has failed.
    3 items of the type I want and all have come out the same type as the original T8 but without T8 anymore.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Try placing the item with the tier you are targeting in the second slot ... it is working for me most of the times.

3. kralithos

kralithos Forum Apprentice

İ know this question has been asked like 100 times but ill ask again :D I just became lvl 55,i got 8.9k dmg,2.5 attack speed and 24% crit rate with white ess atm.İ leeched items from some inf3 groups and have %90 tier 6 equipment except my mod3 bloodmage 2h(im mage)
    What shoud be next thing i should do after this ?İ was thinking farming mod1-2 desert till i get a weapon with 240% or so +dmg on this item then find someone to kill bloodmage in inf4 for me and see if i get weapon drop.But other than that i have no idea what i will do now.Any advice ? 34k hp 60%armor, 40% resistance

4. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

You need to increase dmg of course. 9k is very low and basically still below playable.

Farming desert on mode 1-2 for weapon craft will take you ages. Desert is best spot but you to need make it inf I for serious craft drops. Inf I has like quadrouple or more mod2 droprate in gold enchantments. At least fatal but it's absolutely minimum. When you farm desert remember to use mana pots or in your case crit pots from Jarslofn as well. But yeah definitely desert.

The real question is whether there is sense in crafting your bloodmage 2h. You would need EDIT tone of draken cores for making staff up to mod 3 to mod 6 and draken cores aren't that easy to obtain while most number of good items is based on them. My point is they are very valuable and bloodmage staff usefullness is based mainly on quality of your stones - on mod 6 with 4x dmg on item theory says you need approximately 2-3 sacred ruby to make it even with q4 or q7. With mod7 it goes even higher. I dont know your stones but i highly doubt you are anything that range. Bloodmage staff due to mechanics is best weapon for early game and very late game. If you want invest into it a lot of cores you need to consider it deeply. And it's really tough for anybody to say you what to do with it - you just need to understand how it scales and works in general and make decision by your own.

Btw. 3+1 is better on white ess. than 4+0 for bloodmage 2h. Without Dragan i'm pretty sure also on green and as for blue it starts be varying on your sum of overall dmg% bonuses - with crafted items 4+0 there is definitely better but without i'm not so sure. So depending for how long you want to wear this staff - for example only enchantmens for meanwhile use without tiering - you may want to put in 3+1 instead of 4+0. Saying just in case.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 8, 2019
    kralithos likes this.
  5. gbit

gbit Forum General

If you are just lvl 55 I think you haven't all items crafted so my advice is this: Made almost all your equipment 3/4 gold (4/4 if you are lucky) crafted...this will improve your stats, and will make you able to do at least fatal.
    For the weapon I think is not worth trying inf 3/4 because the drop rate is low; someone must carry you for a lot of runs with use of precious resources...it's better trying low difficulties for searching a weapon with good stats and then collect cores to take it at T7/8...this is my opinion.

kralithos likes this.
  6. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

Yeah this is how you do in general but bloodstuff is on draken cores... It's so pain EDIT to get them if you want for example fairy set and Dragan alongside. Even if he has good basic output with 8.9k on mod 3 he has to have also EDIT rubies and i very doubt he has 1,5+k cores for craft with tiering and even if he somehow manages he is blocked with any event sets for longer time.
    It's not q4 or q7 so it's straightforward and pretty easy grind with cores you need much less overall.
    And crafting other stuff is based on cores as well - if you use tellurian or materia than whatever but if you do it on draken i would advice know what you do so do it only if it's longterm investment xd

kralithos and gbit like this.
  7. gbit

gbit Forum General

Yes, is as you say, I haven't told him that'll be fast, on the contrary, it will take a long time. It would be easier if he joins one guild...
    And all the point is what kind of equipment you want to use; when this is clear then is time to work for it.
    there are a lot of threads talking about mage builds, perhaps is better looking to them, focus a middle /long term target and then ask for more focused questions.

kralithos and KingsGambit like this.
  8. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

Yeah i fully agree though he is wondering about bloodstuff and bloodstuff questions are hardest to answer in DSO because of how that mechanic works. He might not get answers for that specific one there - rest is definitely up to mage thread. Idk how it's here but on mine domestic forum i had sticked thread with explanation about bloodstuff mechanics so i just linked it whenever this sort of question poped-up. If you know this kind of thread here you should link him it as before he makes decision he should know exactly how weapon works and how it changes based on rubies, tier and glyph if he doesn't know it yet of course. Unfortunately don't know where it is here :(:p

kralithos likes this.
  9. kralithos

İ dont really like the lightning so i want to go with frozen sphere.About sets i havent consider any but im thinking about dragan and karabossa maybe,depends on upcoming events and how much cores/damage/luck ill have till then.For staff i think ill use it for a while even though it has 70% basic stats(my mod3 bloodmage) but i dont want to farm all that draken cores to get it to t6-7.Plus like you said i have 20% or so damage boosts on my hat/armor/belt and my rubies are 5x+15 dmg.So gbit said i should either do inf1 or min fatal for gold stats.İ cant kill inf1 rn but i can do fatal easily if i use a crit pot.Any sets that you can suggest for middle/end game ?İ want to use bloodmage staff cause i really like it.What is your advice on first thing to do ?(got 205 draken cores btw nowhere close to what ill need to get my staff to t7)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  10. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

30k+ on blood stuff with 5x15 rubies is unachievable on only gold enchantments no matter what you do ^^ This weapon really needs good rubies to shine and whenever you tier it up or glyph it loses in comparison to q4/q7. Right now may be best but i'm not sold into idea of sticking into it with such weak rubies. Of course they will get better but it's long process if you not spending anders for them.
    And as you mentioned you are not into idea of tiering it up so for me it's rather clear cut you should be aiming for q7 or maybe q4. Lightning btw. sucks apart from bosses in group - people use q4 mostly due to very slight crit bonus and due to fact it doesn't block gloves which allows to get extra 6% in second damage multiplier in dmg formula with Dragan in many cases. Sphere is always way to go.
    With 205 cores you sitting on them. Even stupid Dragan set without tiering anything will be over 1k and Dragan is of course must.

Would be easier to suggest anything specific if you just put in screen in mage thread which i advice. If you like bloodstaff and you don't know it mechnics yet in and out you should probably search forum for those. It's huge difference between knowing it on its own and taking advice. Staff basically has it's own dmg formula - not per se but it's calculated different than any other weapon in the game that's why it's so tricky.

kralithos and gbit like this.
  11. kralithos

[​IMG] Thats my account right now.To give you all an idea what to advice.Couldnt find a way to make it seen so right click and press open in new tab to see :)

12. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

Glyphing high tiers is in general good idea early but it's best on pink items and you shouldn't do it on slots where there are offensive bonuses apart from adorment. So torso, helmet, belt are usually slots where you want legends because 1 enchantment less is harmfull for your offensive capabilities. Ring i think you have 1 without crit but i might be wrong - if so change for crit one, glyphed high tier pinks are definitely very nice picks. Early on it's best to get cube adorment with ring and make it as high tier as you can but you don't play on premium so i won't advice it in your case. It's by far best choice for various reasons and easy way to obtain early lategame stuff as many players chose those 2 in mage as prefered.

In this case you may consider trying out set of dunes. Dragan, new moon adorment and cloak + fairy + q9 neck are most likely aim but it will take some time - approximately draken core cost of all table operations may say you how much time it will take in best case. It's great to get them early and you may start wearing them without craft - especially Dragan and q9 - if advantagous but overall you will be improving not based on them. As you gonna grind desert anyway for craft and getting keys you may try out set of dunes because it's on cores you will never use anyway apart from cube adorment and ring. Set on it's own is very nice just enchantments are terrible but crafting 3 gold is much easier than 4 gold or 4 gold with mix of platins. You may try throwing in those at set to get decent enough enchantmens without wasting item for later craft. Even tiering up it isn't out of order - it's only waste of augment cores which you can buy always later for drakens so at the end of the day you gonna lose with bargain a 1 lesser importance rune in couple of months. Just pick up good colours. You can of course also try getting q9 neck asap on high tier with help of guild or friends as it's easiest obtainable item from longterm aims where you not gonna use the strat but in case you won't i would try it. I bet once with friend if i can make over 25k playable 2h crit with only tier 0-1 items on fresh 55 and i used it to make the cut. Wasn't complaining at all.

Sth feels iffy for me with your speed. I know Staff has 0.95 but in comparison to rest of the stats and your wisdom level it feels oddly high. Too high. Idk where it comes from but my fear is you losing more important stats for speed somewhere alongside adorment and wisdom...

Oh and most important - staff on 53 with your rubies is out of the question. 55 is ok, but 53 is too weak. Search for better weapon. With that oddly high speed 0.83 base shouldn't be large issue. If you can make it 2,00 with 0.83 it's golden enough. You just want to max out dmg without falling below 2,00. Higher attack speed is nice but it isn't nowhere as important as raw dmg output.

13. kralithos

i got speed from runes about 20%from glove,7% from focus crystal 58% from runes and 25% from wisdom.Should i put wisdom to more damage ?And how can i look for a better staff ?

14. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

Definitely speed out for dmg in wisdom - first is dmg on 2-hander, later dmg overall. Just keep it 2,00 as if im not wrong if you would take all would be slightly below.

Better staff is better staff. q4-q7 would be the aim but without craft those 2 aren't shining that well so any good high tier pink may be decent enough. If you can find q4/q7 with golden base it's probably worth putting enchantmens in and tiering it up later no matter what the tier is. Technically there is also gimmick with staff from the Hiraja or just occuring as a random drop. Weapon has extremelly low cost of table operations - if im not mistaken it starts with 37 cores and goes 50-75-100-... so it's 40% of dracen core or materia core uniques. It has quite weak base dmg but gets large crit in base which is nice for early chars and gets good starting enchantments. It's not greatest weapon but very quick to obtain as you basically need 1,6k ander or any drop on desert - it drops quite often - and you can make 15k dmg without craft on it with 550-600 cores from Asar assuming you can get 2h of higher tiers. Takes 2 days of pleasant farm. Works well also with boots as those boots have 480 crit in special properities and you getting 1 perk from set as bonus. Not the hottest solution but early on if you don't go with friends straightforward for high tier q4/q7 works very well as start-up. Yeah people may augh at you in city but you know... before it was popular to switch in set of dunes on bosses up to the point it needed nerf everybody also where laughing from it so don't worry. Stats are important and speed of progress not what people think ;):p

So this are 3 or maybe 4 ways considering farm q4/q7 for golden base and doing operations straight away on it to obtain reasonable 2-h. If farm with friends for any sort of igh tier q4/q7 than q7 as it has way better base enchantments and overall it's also more standard to use it.

15. trakilaki

Really?
    What is wrong with upgrading offensive enchantments? Especially for offensive class like spellweaver :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They shouldn't be upgrading even the weapon? I haven't seen a weapon with defensive enchantments for SWs :)

I am pretty much sure one more crit damage enchantment on legendary ring or amulet boosts the damage much more than one more damage line on belt :)

16. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

If I ever get another T8, I'll try to remember to try that out. ;)

17. KotBogomot

KotBogomot Forum Apprentice

Hello Gurus !

My question is how the hell i can craft 4 platinum lines weapon :) Ok, ok i know its hard and long proces, but.. Iam quite new player, no platinum line anywhere and iam focusing on weapon first. So after many many tries i get 4x 2/4 platinum line from 8x 1/3 weapons..I spent about 150k gold. These 8x 1/3 lines are all 95%+idoti and represent few months of farming :) So i tried 4x 2/4 to get something better, no success.What are next steps ? Becouse i already spent another 100k gold in hope for 3/4 using 2x 2/4+ 2x 0/4 with amazing chance 0,7%, no success...
    So now i have 2x 2/4 platinum line for 250k gold and iam afriad to continue.. Becouse it will cost millions and months(if not years).

18. KingsGambit

KingsGambit Forum Expert

You know what i meant... don't be rude. No reason to make everything glyphable if you don't have glyphs for everything and best picks for leaving it in legendary quality are slots where you have offensive enchantments - belt, helmet, torso. Adorment and weapon i was excluding altough weapon may be also the case as if you run any unique you basically making it that way.

And for the records your last statement is wrong. If you look from perspective of ready char than yes but not in case of early or early-mid char. You can do the math can't you ^^

You don't like me Traki i don't like you as i think you are highly overrated but you shouldn't be trolling :p Your whole post is a troll :D

There is no magic there - you get 2x 2/4 and you need to be once very, very lucky. I'm unlucky in general and wasn't able to make 4x platinum weapon so i gave up. Easy as that. It depends only on your personal luck and time you want to spend on trying. If you can't make it than you can't make it but until chasing rabbit makes you happy you try and once it doesn't you just stop and stick to 2x or maybe 3x platinum xd

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  19. trakilaki

You will get many T8 items they are not that rare ;)
    I don't know who you are so I neither like you nor dislike you.
    You are in a wrong thread then ... you are way off topic.

20. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

For me, they are that rare. :(