Suggestion Augment Core farm

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jan 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

As we know augment Cores can only be bought with draken and can be get from cubes (the drop sucks) which makes them very hard to obtain. In same time the devs are introducing more and more items that are only T0 ... so you have to upgrade them to higher tier ... which of course require Augment Core.
    The logic behind T0 items makes no sense because the devs make those items/sets as beginners (transitional) items and you have to have a lot of draken to upgrade them to higher tier. But the new players are having no draken by default.
    Some of the items are actually quite usable for end game players ... but then again they require insanely high amount of draken. Things to be even worse ... those items can be only bought with draken ... and to make it even worse they are having random stats which makes them expensive as hell.
    At the end one is supposed to spend "not in this lifetime" amount of draken just to buy a single item and upgrade it to highest tier.
    The majority of the players are spending draken for event items because the drops suck therefore they have small amount of draken or no draken at all ... so they can't afford to buy augment core.
    There are also players who have plenty of drakens (like myself) ... but they have plenty of draken only because they are playing for a long time and not spending Draken in vain ... therefore they are not buying event items but waiting to obtain them from drop. Because of that they must to make plans in advance ... and stick to the plan.
    At the end we have the players who don't have draken and players who are planning. But planning comes with a price ... you are not supposed to spend anything until you reach the goal ... which kills the fun.
    In both cases we have a situation that is killing the fun, the purpose of the crafting and the existence of Augment Cores.

That could be changed very easily by having opportunity to farm Augment Core.
    Because these cores are event bonded they could be obtained only from events ... in few possible ways:

1. Augment core available from event quests.
    This is the simplest and probably best solution ... make them obtainable from quests just like Pristine core in PW.
    - there is a quest line
    - you follow the quest line
    - you kill the boss at the end
    - you get Augment Core from the chest
    - just as Pristine Core Augment core would be obtainable from chests only in infernal I/II/III...​

2. Augment core obtainable from special events.
    There will be events who are having Augment Core as rewards.

2.1 New event similar to Materi Storm maybe ... with a difference ... instead of Materi Prism this event is having Augment Core.
    - You run the maps and kill "special monsters" that are dropping x1 Augment Core.
    - The final boss is dropping x2 cores in all difficulties
    - Those 'special monsters" that drop x1 core are giving a buff "+ 1 to drop stack size"
    - The buff is not addable ... it only extends the duration of the buff until you get to the boss's room
    -the buff is not available in Normal difficulty
    - The buff affects only the boss's drop
    - the buff adds
    - "+ 1 to drop stack size" in Painful
    - "+ 2 to drop stack size" in Excruciating
    - "+ 3 to drop stack size" in Fatal
    - "+ 4 to drop stack size" in Infernal I
    - "+ 5 to drop stack size" in Infernal II
    - "+ 6 to drop stack size" in Infernal III​

2.2 Events that are having Augment Core rewards in the progress bar... similar to Big Game Hunt or Monster Hunt events​

I may come up with more solutions later and add them up ... or maybe you can propose yours.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Demon, -HARRA81-, semen470 and 6 others like this.
  2. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I still prefer this proposal because it would make usefull things we are already farming in excess but this doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have augment cores also via events.

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Possibly a mechanic similar to pristine cores would be a good idea

4. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

At this point, preference on whichever proposal doesn't matter, we need something done, and quick, the core economy, specially the augment core one will go down in flames very soon as it is not sustainable.

Let's assume I (still) wanted a Tearholder to replace either Dragan's Ring or a RoD, I purchased the Tearholder 3 times, just to keep getting more and more mediocre stats each time, that's 10'500 Draken so far, and now, let's assume I decided to go and augment the thing to T6 regardless of it's mediocre base crit, augmenting from T0 to T6 would require 100+150+200+250+300+350=1350 augment cores, which are 6750 Draken, that's 17250 draken for a single item, even if presumably you're the luckiest person in the world, let's assume you get golden base stats in the first roll that's 10'250 draken invested for one item, what if you wanna go for 2 or 3 items? (Bloodtooth, Pauldrons of Darkness, etc), would you be so lucky to get good items at first try for all of them?, even if so, it'd be at least 10k+ draken per item, and let's not forget that you'd need to invest an extra 2k draken per item when T7 eventually hits, hence Trakilaki's phrase: "not-in-this-lifetime amount of Drakens". This also partially applies onto any overworld unique item you might like or want, since the max tier on them is 3.

Also, let's not forget that we have our new lovely merchant Grima to take us out of our misery when the PRNG isn't on our side, I couldn't, for the life of me, drop a Dragan Ring on the last event so I had to purchase it when the event was coming to an end, which was 4720 draken, but will be 6060 in this coming event for T6, see where we're heading to?

The Draken economy is strained, the output per month/year simply won't be able to keep up with the demands, and this matters in this topic because with augment cores being obtainable basically for draken only, puts an immense weight on it, and thanks to the way they're designing, "balancing" and forcing the meta into, those are not a luxury or a commodity anymore, they turned them into a necessity, and no, don't even think about starting with the "P2P advantage", because I'm running on Deluxe, and the amount of Augment cores obtained from Mystic cubes pisses me off more than it makes me happy, that's how miserable it is, it was a poorly thought band-aid on the oncoming crisis. More so, the cubes had become pretty much worthless except if you sell them for gold to keep crafting, so you're "forced" to choose between keeping a somewhat steady income of gold through mystic cubes to keep feeeding the black hole, or so called "workbench", or get laughable amounts of augment cores upon opening thousands of cubes.

The PW items do not face this problem so much because, although some of us decided to augment key items like an already crafted, gold base stats weapon, if the time comes when our draken savings are dry, we can simply re-purchase the item a load of times until we get a good roll again and soul core craft it, thanks to being able to farm materi fragments.

So yeah, we need something done, and quick.

MikeyMetro and ULTRAPEINLICH like this.
  5. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I don't care what it is, but the more logical one is the trade that was said. like 10solid cores to get 5 draken cores, augment cores etc.
    All of your suggestions are logical enough i wouldn't mind having some of them.. Thumbs up for trakilaki's suggestion!

6. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Let's put our feet on the earth for a minute, when, historically, has DSO made something similar?, for instance we could have a system that allows us to sell back bad rolls of items for, let's say half the price, has been suggested before to no avail, we have to consider how BP thinks and works before we push through with suggestions to make them more realistic and feasible, back when the LorTac costume contest was held, they openly admitted that part of the decision on which costumes were to win was based on already existing game elements from the art department, so, considering this trend of theirs of working on top of existing systems and mechanics, it'd be way more realistic and also quicker to have them added into reward pools than implementing a whole new and fresh exchange system for a particular type of item.

My other issue with that other suggestion is, it can bite you back, you can't ever be 100% sure that you'll never need a specific type of core, might be just me, but I'd rather keep them in hopes that they implement different viable gear choices in the future, and, not making a big chunk of the items solid core-dependant, most of the overworld uniques should be adjusted to according elemental cores as well to prevent an excessive demand of solid cores and to provide use to the surpluss of any other cores one might have.

trakilaki likes this.
  7. sargon234

[EDIT]

In the end, removing the draken drops from vargulf, karabossa and dragan was a very bad idea

You can still buy draken, but it's no where near enough to answer the demand

Last edited by moderator: Jan 17, 2018
  8. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Ofc it was bad, when ever there would have been doubts about it? And it was made with purpose of course.

They perfectly know that the quantity of drakens needed to upgrade any set from T0 to T5/6/... is too huge for the vast majority of players, and that even those who have them are still reluctant to spend so many.

Certainly, they will introduce some mechanism to allow us to accumulate more and more (both drakens and cores of increment I mean). I think you all remember how rare the drakens were at the beginning ... those that were around could be counted on the tips of fingers.

Now some players have a few tens of thousands. However they still need more and more. I think that the cores of increment will follow the same trend: now they are seen with the dropper and only if you are premium, in the future they are destined to become more common and more easily available.

I think it's just a tactical choice (with the times of a lame dinosaur that BP has) to lengthen the broth and make us desire certain items, without still giving us the real possibility to afford them.

semen470 likes this.
  9. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

The draken economy is strained because one of those genius devs decided that those draken drops from bosses like Dragan,Black widow, Karabossa, Vargulf were a bit too much.They brought ingame runes that cost over 50k draken each and you need over 20 of them while removing draken drops from bosses.They keep adding tier 0 items and ask us to gamble with the small amount of drakens and gamble with the dragonache/dark items instead of making these draken items have fixed stats.

Someone from DEV team if not all of them dont play this game and this is a fact.You wouldnt have this kind of mess in DSO if they did.They probably log for 5 minutes and go off saying that they do play the game.

How can u add tier 0 items and ask for 10k drakens to upgrade each of them to highest tier when you offer 250 drakens as reward for your events? How can you add runes that cost over 50k drakens each and remove the draken drops from bosses or not increase the draken drops from events?How can you expect the players to upgrade those tier 0 items that you keep adding ingame if you give them 0 possibilities to do that?

With the current drop rate/prices , those augument cores shouldve costed 1 draken each.You couldve upgraded 2 items a month like that .You wear 12 items or 13 if you dont use 2hand. 6 months of playing events wouldve allowed you to upgrade all your items and maybe get a few spare drakens left to use on dragonache items for instance .Then after those 6 months most likely a new infernal mode wouldve been added and the cycle would start again.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. sargon234

Maybe they are not incompetent, austrian schools economists know what they are doing, likewise the developers know what they are doing

they pretend to be inept and this result it exactly what they want, they want the destruction of the draken economy

The problem is that players will not be buying all of those new items they bring to the gnob, like darkness set, unless they plan not to upgrade them

11. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The "good new" about this is that, in one of the devs letters, there was openly a reference to the chance to use the benchwork for more uses than now and some of those uses were related to "different" crafts.
    I don't think it would be so hard to implement a recipe to convert 4 different (or same kind) cores into a new one.
    If we look at it closely it would be also a good way to revamp some long forgotten Q (Q2, Q9 or Q5 and Q8 to some extents), cores can and must be used on the benchwork, we already had quest items that were converted into essences/other quest items/gems/pets/mounts.

I don't think there will ever be a vendor but the benchwork could handle it.

This is true for basically anything in this game, you can apply the same reasoning for the crafts, the legendary transfer or anything that can't be reverted once used.
    When we talk about elemental cores, anyway, anyone is free to farm em without limitations (it could be time consuming but definatly doable).

Eridiani likes this.
  12. VukChe

VukChe Forum Apprentice

Thumbs up for trakilaki's suggestion!

13. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

You mean the promises of "transparency" and "frequent updates on upcoming content and features" that's been abandoned for a few months now?, it's been almost 6 months and we haven't even seen a decent sneak peek of "what's coming".

Here's the thing, how many months, or years, it took for something like the collector's bag to be developed and launched into the game?, which was a completely new feature based, theoretically, on player's feedback. It's not that I'm against the idea of "exchanging cores" or "craft cores into different types", it's just that we all have a problem now, and we can choose to push two options, a completely new system that might take 1-2 years to be done if we consider our previous experience with the development team, or push an option that can be done by simply re-writing a few lootlists; we have to light a bulb, do we want them to flick a switch "on", or build a new power plant from scratch to complete the task?, we need to be realistic before the situation becomes an actual crisis, it's as simple as that.

trakilaki likes this.
  14. malasuerte1

malasuerte1 Forum Apprentice

Trakilaki`s suggestion is good.
    I have another one. Maybe it has been suggested before, but anyway.
    I would like to see another option for melt uniques. I mean, crafted unique items. I would like to see an option to melt the items for invested cores. If you have a crafted unique item, you have to be able to melt it for GOP or for cores. For example, lets say 10% of the invested cores. If i craft an item 6th lvl, i can bring back 40 cores of each kind. That way we can have some additional cores if we don`t want to melt just for GOP.
    Cores are important part of the crafting process, augment cores especially. Way to expensive, though. For example, solid cores are hard too. If you want to craft entire set of 3 parts, you need 1800 solid cores. Lot of work.

What do you guys think about that?

trakilaki likes this.
  15. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Based on my analysis the "faster" solution is the recipe on the benchwork. In that case you need to script the new recipe and you have done everything (don't need to design anything new in game, you don't have to change anything to the current cores' attributes).
    When you have to create a new event, the least you need to script is the progress bar, the loots, the scripts for the schedule; just the simple wallpaper for a new event would take more time than the script for the new recipe.
    The real downsides of a recipe to convert cores are the following:
    - unlimited chance to farm em (that brings 2 problems: it will benefit mostly HC players, the income of augment cores into the game cannot be controlled/refrained by devs)
    - counter-intuitive solution (you would need to add a tooltip on the cores or somewhere in the game just to show how to convert em)

The upside of "events rewards" is:
    - you can add those in already existent events (which would be quite simple even if non as simple as adding a new recipe on the benchwork)
    - it's extremly intuitive
    - will give devs the chance to carefully control the income of augment cores in game (this is an upside thoward devs perspective)

Other solutions are just not as simple to implement or intuitive as these 2.

16. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Like these ideas.Its nice to see that everyone thinks that we need more ways to get augument cores....everyone but BP's staff that is xD.

My suggestion aims to make the useless cores usefull again without adding more grind to it by exchanging stuff that we have to many off but we dont need, while trakilaki's suggestion involves more grinding.Either way, the main point is that augument cores are definitely needed in large amounts and BP has to provide us with more ways for us to aquire these otherwise theres no point in releasing more tier 0 items or increase infernal lvls because we wont be able to keep up upgrading them items anyways.Even those who have a lot of drakens will run out of them eventually if this trend continues.Those without drakens or those who dont buy premium have no ways to get these cores and will most likely upgrade only 2-3 items per infernal mode making the gap between the payers and non payers even greater than it already is.

This problem should be a top priority along with the balance because these are hurting the game badly.You need over 20k drakens to upgrade everything from tier 5 to tier 6 via augument now, and you have to get that amount in 5-6 months until the next infernal starts.It is impossible with the current event rewards.

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Trading is not even option.
    Trading cores for other cores is squashing your efforts to get those cores in the first place ... because you would never get 1-1 ratio (more like 1-100+).

Crafting is silly and IF (but never will) it happens it will increase the core farming exponentially.

Yea I am in need of Solid cores as well ... but I am preparing a suggestion on how to improve the drops.

18. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The solution is incredibly simple. Hire a couple of players, listen to those players, and implement the ideas in a timely manner. Problem solved.

19. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I would like to see glyph of power and COREs from melting all uniques. What we get is what we need for its recipe and same quantity by killing same tier of boss.

Thanks!

20. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I think the exchanging or rafiners for cores is a better aproach because you have more freedom.Also a rafiners way to optain the solid cores will be the best way for new players to craft that pieces or equipment whyle they progress on ammmons quests and also a way for dso to make more money.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.