Balor set

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by silverseas, Nov 27, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. guardpaladin

guardpaladin Forum Apprentice

a newbie question: what's mean Q7 set? did this mean the tier of items ? thanks for answer :)

2. heror

heror Forum Baron

Thats what im saying the set gives 150% dmg on top of giving speed also. its 2 bonuses and with flag infinite rage its perma spam, dwarf has 1 bonus dmg ,2 no cost 3 speed . Rangers has no cost and dmg. Mages has dmg but fore longer time ( altough the dmg you can only shoot 2-3 atack and with teleport 6 at best and even at that you cant reach other classes dmg ). So even on lv classes q7 is unbalanced, one of the classes get dmg only while on particular midget gets 3 bonus...........uhhhh ok 3=1 new math i guess and since the whole set is so unbalanced just tone it down just a little because classes are trying to compete with each other by one set but the problem is the set is not balanced beween stats ..... and dont get me on dwarf and q8.
    A quck mention the gloves from the set gives dmg to skills while it gives mage.... stun ? after we have 3 stuns and 2 taunts ? umm ok
    So thats what im saying ppl want broken things , and fun ..... call me old school ( you really should 7 years is alot of time in this game ) but for me mage is way more fun when you make different combo with the class , tank cn do alot of ther comboes like stun + dash and heal or many more this is why many ppl say only mage has good clearing because q7 limits the playstyle to only spamming 2 -3 buttons and ppl cant see it because its becoming a mentality issue too, i dont wish anything bad for the players i just want to make it fun for all and overstated set doesnt make good. Its like giving Ranger +10k dmg just like that and saying compete with it ofc you cant.

Altough here comes another interesting topic that if you want to have fun with what you play with , just find other "normal" ppl who accept you and play by the way while talking. From my experience if you focus on the game you lose , not the game but if you do it back wards and prioritise comunicating with other ppl while playing , oh man the game just doesnt get borring because its by the way on not get a;; age mody over smt like craft...( and i have spent 100k gold from the lst 3 weeks smt like this and well ye im speaking from experience no just pure spit :D ) Anyway hope you all find smt in my words best of luck.

@guardpaladin http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/The_Herald's_Blazing_Onslaught read this for the info and hail @trakilaki for creating the page

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Q7 is pw maps leading to pw herald, so Q7 set is the pw herald 2H and glove set.

No tier is implied by the term Q7 set - the set could be any tier, but most people use the highest tier they can get.

4. guardpaladin

guardpaladin Forum Apprentice

thanks for answer Novadude

5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I don't think it's necessary to nerf any of the sets for mage. For DK also the two sets were closer to each other than for ranger and dwarf.
    Where is see the most problems is the Dwarf class and its q7+q8 combo.
    Of course, empowering the balor set would be a nice thing... making the buff stay for like 25 seconds (and not being turned off by map changing) would be really a nice addition. I've always liked the overall idea of that set... but have always been discouraged by it being not very strong.

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

The set duration is the greatest limitation of using this set. And actually, the skill use is not a problem at all: all of the selected skills for the mage Balor Set fit with exactly how I play: aggressively in a mob stunning and vaporizing things. The issue is that at the boss, if someone kills all the adds in a fight, I only have the boss to stack on... which is 1 stack at a time, and not efficient at all.

Increasing the duration of the buff would be the simplest way of making the Balor Set more viable without going down the messy route of having unique items that extend duration. If they made it 1 minute like the Belt of Zeal stacks, that would be ideal. :D

I have been requesting this for ages. xD Honestly, it's obvious they can, seeing as they did it for alchemy ingredients. :rolleyes:

And for the rest of you folks busy complaining about Q7... take it elsewhere. There's enough threads on the forums complaining about that topic, no need to beat the dead horse in a thread meant to discuss a set that everyone pretty much ignores. :p