Feedback Big Game Hunt Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Nov 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It has happened to me before too. I think it is related to changing maps right as the dailies reset. I don't mean within 5 seconds, but more like within a second or less. That is why some of your group might not have had that problem. To be safe, ever since that time, I always make sure to have a 30 second buffer. No teleporting for me from 18:59:30-19:00:30 for me. Since that one time, I've not had any more issues.
    As a ranged class, you have it easier than DKs because you don't have to chase the stupid goblin as much. If you are having trouble killing him then the most likely issue isn't stuns (which do help) but DPS. What difficulty do you usually run and what kind of essence do you use? I have rather nice DPS, but on painful I use blues, excruciating I use blues, and on fatal I use purples. If I'm running a group, I increase to purple/red for excruciating/fatal because I don't want to risk the scaling effects messing with timing.

The other possibility is auto aim... Don't just click where the goblin is while he's moving. Lead him and shot ahead of him so that you don't miss.

2. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Good idea to see the top 50 kills displayed in real time like the leaderboards scores are.It was suggested many times already and still we dont have it ingame.Would be nice to have a way to see how the milestones/challenges are going whenever we have one open.

Also Kratos2o2 gl getting in top 50.You have to be a big spender to have a shot at those prizes.

3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The event looks terrifying with its 1,000,000 points progress bar.
    But in the end it's no so crazy. I did not have many keys at the start (30 or so), I killed bosses on painful both solo and in groups, did Loxley and Fox HQ (all difficulties) both solo and in groups. This afternoon I made 300,000 points just by running painful Herald and Khalys. It's important to keep the buff.
    It's a grindy event, but feels less grindy and less annoying than Dark Dwarf Heist for example. Rewards are cool - but just to make it clear, if the event totally sucked, no rewards could justify that. In this case the event is ok. Not the most exciting ever, but decent. At least it feels less repetitive than some other events, because you can run any boss you want, so there's no fixed loop.

My concern now is, is this event a sort of replacement for Defeat the Undefeatables? I hope it's not.

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I don't think so, it's mechanics are completely different
    And you can't get all the puppets of the bosses in this event

5. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Yeah, I mean they are different events, but you kill bosses over and over in both.
    No boss pets in Big Game Hunt, that's right.
    I found it strange we had the opportunity to complete all the boss pets in the last season of Undefeatables. We could even get the Wishing Star to complete any boss pet more easily. Almost as if it was meant to be the last season :/ Again, I hope it wasn't.

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

If we all agreed all the time, life wouldn't be very much fun :p

It will be "time" that may stop me from completing the event. Depending on the map I run for keys, I can get 20 to 30 per hour (solo) and will need approximately 275 keys or 9 hours. I can also get between 20 and 30 boss kills per hour (Khalys) depending on how fast the map loads (solo). So I figure 19 or 20 hours total for me if I do it all solo.

Today was my first day that I could invest a couple of hours into it, so it will be close.

The most amazing part of this event, is that DSO allows us to keep the buff stack going while logged off. That is truly brilliant on their part and I have to give them credit for that.

I am so happy with this event (even if I do not finish it) and I hope that they use this formula (reward = effort) on all future events.

EhtovK likes this.
  7. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The idea of losing the buff every time you log out would make me rage quit. Frankly I wouldn't even be able to stack it to 100 in one session, let alone using the buff effectively afterwards.
    So yeah, it's a good thing it stays active until you get back to game.
    Also the fact that the buff is simply dropped by bosses and is not to be purchased is great. Although, this buff doesn't just make your life easier. It's a must have, else you go bonkers. With about 300 base drop from world bosses it'd be 1,000,000 / 300 = 3,333 boss kills, I mean... uhhh.

8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Here is a question to Doc, because I know he finished the event on Saturday, trakilaki, and others who have finished the event:

After one (and this one raises hand) has completed the event, how necessary is it to maintain the 100 buff?

I've heard about a "community counter" but I've yet to find it. I've read in the guide that the "50% additional buff" will eventually turn into larger numbers, but it was the same 50% for me from beginning to completion.

=== UPDATE =========================
    Just before getting offline after posting this, I did find the "Community thermometer" of progress... or more exactly, two snapshots of it here in the forum.

Thanks Shine2 for the links, and welcome to Moderatorhood.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  9. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello TwiliShadow . You can find the "community counter" and all updates related to the subject here and here

regards

semen470 likes this.
  10. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Like I said in my previous post, it's not necessary to keep the +1000% buff if you're ok with having to kill like 3000 bosses (provided that the base painful world boss drop is 300).
    With the +1000% + the community +50% buff the minimum painful world boss drop is 3450. That is a lot compared to no buff play.
    We might unlock the +100% and +500% buffs from the community counter, which may be a safety net, but it may as well not happen - depending on how active the community will be.

11. AmarWilrick

AmarWilrick Forum Pro

hi ,
    i just lost my buff of 1000% drop badges without reason, i was with buff 14 min left, i entred to herald map tehn i found myself without costume, pet and buff was gone !!!

12. _Baragain_

The advantage to working the community counter is because that last reward (especially the "?" one) could be nice.

13. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Didn't actually _READ_ my post, now did ya. Since I said I was complete, I don't _need_ to kill anymore bosses, other than to help my guildies get done also (thus the need for them to keep the buff is great).

Now then, if continuing to get undocumented progress will help fill the community progress faster, then, yeah, I can see that. But if I lose it and build it back up, not that big of a deal either.

14. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

One other thing to consider (for keeping the buff) is to reach the top 50 for the raffle, if you think that you want to try competing for that.

15. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

The nostalgy is nice, feels cool to revisit old places (with an actual purpose).

However, hating that, while running a boss on a set mode, the difficulty-selection bar keeps jumping around by itself, +1 or -1 of the difficulty chosen... sometimes sending me into the wrong room (could cost people keys!). Rarely happened in PWs too.

16. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Learn to express your thoughts clearly. Your question should have been: "How necessary is it for me to maintain the buff if I want to help filling the community progress bar?"
    Then the answer would be: I do not know, but it'd make sense that collecting progress with the buff on filled the community progress faster.

17. Slipknot3232

Slipknot3232 Forum Apprentice

Am I unlucky or is this situation programmed in. I can not kill Greedy Goblin solo in time being a nubish 55 DK. When he pops I have enough time to zone and clear zone again in order to spawn boss but the last three times goblin spawns again. I have been lucky getting 200% to 300%+ buff before this happens but hoping there is a way to minimize this double spawn.

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Some options:

1) Run loxley and finish near arachna before heading to the mighty opponent. If you see the goblin, teleport out.

2) have a triple stun build going (charge, groundbreaker, iron brow) which will allow you to briefly stop the goblin and use essence if needed to speed it up.

3) group as much as possible.

4) run khepre in great desert if none of the above work.

Edit: keep in mind these can combined. For example, a triple stun approach could make it easy for a group to target the goblin. You can sit in desert painful fighting the keeper beetle And building your stack to 1000% while trying to get a group going.

Also,at some the global buff will increase to 200% and then 500%, giving you a chance to catch up at the end.

19. _Baragain_

Nope... I have this crazy thing called a "life." Factor in that there is no leaderboard to track how close you are (or rather how far away you are) and to go chasing the top 50 for a 3/50 chance at getting a reward and only a 1/50 chance of getting the one you really want is ludicrous.

TwiliShadow likes this.
  20. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

According to the facebook post, just one player amongst the 50 will get the three rewards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.