Can't play the game. Blue screen every 10 minutes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by CreeperS4, Jul 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

So, since the new release came out, I keep getting a Blue Screen, crashing my whole PC when I have been playing Drakensang for arround 10 minutes, no exceptions. I can be doing anything else on my computer that it won't crash this way.

Also, I found out this:

[​IMG]

Everytime I open the client it wants to download the whole game, and I have already downloaded it since this morning hotfix. I have outlined in orange the part that says "You can start the game anytime" which confirms that I have already downloaded the game. Don't know if all the errors I keep getting could came from this...

2. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @CreeperS4, a few questions: which error message do you get when the blue screen pops-up?, have you tried a complete uninstall of the game plus clearing the cache folder and re-installing the game afterwards?, have you checked that both your video and audio drivers are up to date?, have you scanned your machine for virus/malware lately?, if you haven't done any of these, please try them all and let us know the results, best regards.

3. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

Hello @Erebus , I will try cleaning the cache folder, as it seems reasonable that some files may have been corrupted while downloading the latest update. The other options seem to be unprobable as I didn't report any problems on this topic prior r194.

Thank you for answering

Erebus likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Overheating is the most probable cause for the crash.
    Corrupted game files can't cause BSOD.
    It is summer and we all know how merciless DSO is towards our PCs ... your system is probably overheating.
    Try cleaning it for a start ... dust is a tech killer ... so and the heat. Also check if all the coolers are in function.

Erebus likes this.
  5. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

Thank you @trakilaki for pointing that out. I didn't think of it but there has been a heat wave on my country for the last 2 days, which indeed may be overheating my PC. Time to clean up :cool:

----------------------------------------- EDIT -------------------------------------------

After some time playing, so far so good. Thank you @Erebus and @trakilaki for your help, I appreciate it :).

You can close this thread.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Erebus likes this.
  6. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Great news! really cool that you can enjoy the game again ...and since you are happy- we are happy! Closing:)

Erebus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.