CD runes or atk speed, breakpoint for smash.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Goodlloords, Jan 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodlloords

Goodlloords Forum Apprentice

Hey guys. (First of all, sorry for bad english, im from Brazil, I do not make a topic in the forum of my language because practically nobody frequents ... anyway I'm from a Engish guild in Agathon, so I learn a bit :p).

So, basically, I have 1,67 atk speed with 2h now (who is very low) and I wan't a better breakpoint, but the best I can get now is 1,75. So what you guys think, I should buy CD runes for amulet (only have 1 of 3% now) or improve my atk speed runes ( 12, 8, 8, 8 in 2h and 6, 6, 6, 8 in adornment). I play only at 2h mode and im trying do a 1h pvp mode. (Already have 110% armor in runes and 10% run speed).

And what would be a breakpoint that we could say to be "ok" for smash? And how much smash we can use with flag (the skill who make you have unlimited rage for a few secs) with 1,80, 1,90 and 2,00 breakpoints? With herald bonus of curse.

(Sorry for make yours eyes bleed reading it).

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The table is in this thread.

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/speed-breakpoints-table.74824/#post-679970

According to the table, you're reaching the 1.5789 breakpoint for your base attack and the 1.6 breakpoint for smash.

You want to be above 1.7647 for your base attack, which also put you above what appears to be the 1.7391 breakpoint for smash.

My immediate suggestion is to do as much moon event runs as possible for those runes, both adornment runes from progress and the 2H rune from the bloodmage, and open a slot somewhere for the 5th rune. I also focus on my base attack for speed breakpoint, not smash, but I am at 1.777 for my attack speed, and I rarely utilize smash outside of boss fights (i mostly utilize rageful swing as my base attack, and mws, charge, rage jump, iron brow, and groundbreaker plus the three shouts in pvp)

Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  3. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Interesting question. Just made a test by recording the case in videos and replay it in slow motion to count smashes under Banner + Herald Buff. The result are:
    1,655 = 7 Smash
    1,778 = 10 Smash
    1,920 = 12 Smash
    2,087 = 14 Smash
    Margin error would be 1 smash due to low video quality or could be just my bad eyes :D

The CD runes does help in many situation. Especially for skills which has long cooldown such as Banner of War & Dragon Hide.
    With 15% CD runes.. fast cooldown skills such as Ground Breaker & Rage Jump become 9 seconds.
    In addition of Rage Attack which can lower cooldown for 1 second for each Critical Hit. Potentially you can do Herald buff under Banner of War twice.

CD runes also help for tanking. Few days ago I test 1h with over 3,5 attack speed. Basically just doing Rage Attack to lower the cooldown of Banner of War & Dragon Hide. And it's pretty much effective, no Battle Frenzy needed to heal.. the healing only from Dragon Hide much faster.

4. Goodlloords

Novadude you think is worth take off 1 rune of 16% crit dmg to add 1 rune of 8% attack speed? (have 321,90% now and can upgrade to 345% when finish my 4x items).

gun you make the test with the bonus attack speed on banner or without?

And you guys think is good try get a mortis ring to increase attack speed? I'm using 2 dragans ring now. I was thinking in save augment core from cubes to try tier up a bloodtoth.

If you guys want I can show my stats, but i'm waiting for infernal 3 to craft my 299% inc dmg on item weapon and 53,57% crit rate helm.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi Goodlloords,

Yes I did the test using bonus attack speed on Banner of War. I count the smashes right after Ground Breaker to get Herald buff and stop count when Herald buff gone.

About Bloodtooth Vs Ring of Death. I suggest to get Ring of Death.. no need to transfer craft it yet. Just equip it and try it for a while, compare your game play experience between using Ring of Death & Bloodtooth. You will know which one you like the most.

6. Goodlloords

Hey gun,
    I was worried about my HP, so I did not want to use the Ring of Death. Do you think with my stones / runes would it be possible to get enough HP to make infernal 2/3 without problems?? I'm with 61026 hp now using 25 points.

[​IMG]

Its all my HP gems / runes, I'm working to improve everything to sacred and get 7 10% hp runes. I have almost all items in lvl59 except the helmet / amulet / cape and 12% of the pet

7. gun

gun Forum Great Master

For infernal 2 example, you may watch my DK performance in here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYy9uTl3-9ZfzTuwIFJaJXJ_DN7fH_Bns
    There is my stats at the end of each video. That time I'm playing with less than 60k HP and using Ring of Death.
    I'm playing at 60k HP now and that is also still using Ring of Death. Can do 67K HP with still 300% Critical Damage, but does not make much different in Infernal 2.

For infernal 3. I'm sure you able to handle regular monsters. But for bosses, we don't know yet how much damage we able to sustain with 60.000 HP.
    2H DK should be able to keep up fighting when able to sustain 1 regular attack from boss & only allow to fail just once in healing through critical Mighty Wild Swing as still able to heal using HP potion. Which mean next Mighty Wild Swing must do critical hit to heal HP back. Otherwise the DK must avoid the fight for a while to wait HP potion cooled down, or be dead.

Since the modes of difficulty increased in fix rate. If I can guess and make some pattern from history of difficulty modes, these are range of HP needed to play comfortable.
    Fatal -> 35K-45K HP
    Infernal 1 -> 45K-55K HP
    Infernal 2 -> 55K-65K HP
    Infernal 3 -> 65K-75K HP

Infernal 3 nearly come at 13th Jan 2018. You can wait and see how your DK perform with current stats in infernal 3.
    Take a look closely later about how your DK able to sustain damage. And how you able keep up in fight through healing. Then take decision from there.

Zoltan likes this.
  8. Goodlloords

I can't do decision right now, because I have a 4x weapon and 4x helmet to craft, just waiting for infernal 3 to get a good weapon and Dragan to craft the helmet.
    But I did a decision about CD runes or attack speed. I'll upgrade my attack speed runes to try get the 1,92 breakpoint (Try to upgrade 3 of 8% to 12%). And I'll keep thinking about Ring of Death or Bloodtoth, for me keep sounding bad lose more HP (maybe when I upgrade more gems/runes I'll prefer Ring of Death too). I can use a HP boots to get at 69k HP, but so lazy to change speed boots / HP boots.

And nice channel! I was already subscribed, I'll watch the videos again in infernal 2.

gun likes this.
  9. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Consider Agathon Lost Ring as well to be compared with Mortis Ring & Bloodtooth.
    [​IMG]
    It give you armor as bonus for single item. Who knows you get T6 ring even better :)

10. Goodlloords

I don't think Agathon Lost Ring is good enough to be compared with Ring of Death or Bloodtooth. (Maybe for pvp?)..

1280 armor don't make difference, you will still getting high hits from bosses, is much better have 10% more crit from a bloodtooth because you have more chances to fill up the HP with Mighty Wild Swing.

And probably is only better than a Ring of Death if you already have the highest breakpoint or even using Ring of Death you can't reach a higher breakpoint, so Agathon Lost Ring can be useful.

Or if you don't have Ring of Death or enough augment cores to tier up a Bloodtooth (that's my case), I was thinking to use it, but i'll try tier up a bloodtooth if I decide don't use Ring of Death.

I still preoccupied with my HP, I really don't like to play with low HP. I just fell confortable at infernal 1 with over 60k HP.

gun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.