Suggestion Changes to Scatter shot and Ice Sphere

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Redkiller12, Jul 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Which idea(s) would you like to see in the game?

1. Scatter shot changes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Ice sphere changes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I agree but with some other changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redkiller12

Redkiller12 Forum Great Master

I think that one of the ranger's and mage's abilities needs a change to be more useful and more balanced.The abilities I'm talking about are Scatter shot for rangers and Ice sphere for mages.
    My ideas are:

1. For the ranger's abilily,Scatter shot :
    • Talent 1 (2 points) ->Regen 1 concentration point per enemy hit.Marked enemies regen double (2) concentration points.
    • Talent 2 (3 points) ->Increase dmg by 25% (becoming 75% dmg),instead of 15% (making it 69% dmg)
    • Talent 3 (5 points) ->If the enemy has 33% health points,then there is 30/40% chance (instead of 50%) for them to get stunned for 1 sec(0,5 for pvp).
    So,I think that Scatter shot is difficult to actually spam,it requires 25 enemies(with 2handed and short bow) or 20 (with longbow) enemies in order to regen back the concentration points.With that change it will still need to hit 12/13(2h and short) or 10 (longbow) marked enemies so it's not that op change.Also,i think that it should get a little buff to the dmg.However,i think they should decrease the chance of stunning in order to balance the change.

2. For the mage's ability,Ice sphere :
    • Insert the current Talent 1 in the ability [2 sec(1 for pvp) slow]
    • Talent 1 (2 points) ->(New) Decrease mana cost by 10 (making it 40 instead of 50)
    • Talent 2 (3 points) -> Regen 8 mana per enemy (instead of 10)
    So,I think that Ice sphere is not that viable in pvp because it's really risky considering the fixed range of the skill.With that change it would still cost a lot mana but it would be more safe to use.However,if the first talent is reworked,i think it will be better to regen 8 mana per enemy,balancing the change so that it will still need 5 enemies to regen the mana spent.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

scatter shot i agree with, could use a bit of a buff to make it more practical in dungeons, or even low lvls while leveling up as prior to EA and Thorns, scatter is their best hope for AOE damage.

but I dont agree with the sphere change, as it being essentially a pve only skill. although i do agree, it could use a bit of reworking, perhaps like the current EA fix in r194, change sphere so that it explodes when it hits an enemy ...but that itself could harm as sometimes we do need it to pierce through mobs in order to reach the full aoe potential.

bleh, now that i think about it, i guess sphere is fine the way it is. the mid range kinda sucks at times for fast moving end bosses though.

as for mentioning pvp, im pretty sure SW haters will jump at this lol, no one wants to see SW get any kind of buff that could potentially make them even stronger in pvp, and its bec of pvp that some classes are getting some nerfs here and there thats essentially destroying them in PVE, the primary factor of this game.

like rangers are losing an extra second of q7 purely bec of ppl whining on threads about "omgggg ranger op pls nerf"

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The Frozen Sphere needs a min/max explode on contact range.
    The min is so you can frost the close up mobs as currently works, then explode on contact between the min and max range so that the explosion is actually useful.
    I've never put any points into it cause the explosion rarely does anything as is.

EDIT ==================================================
    Agreed. As is, this poll needs at least 7 selections to choose from:
    1) Scatter Shot Changes, as suggested.
    2) Scatter Shot changes, but not quite that way.
    3) Frozen Sphere changes, as suggested.
    4) Frozen Sphere changes, but not quite that way.
    5) Both changes, as suggested.
    6) Both changes, but not quite that way.
    7) None of these changes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. Grasschewer

Grasschewer Forum Apprentice

Please have less ideals in a poll to vote on.
    Yes the 3rd is a cop out so I didn't vote that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.