Client window lag

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Ralph, Nov 27, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Someday Author

Remember that other window that will pop up after selecting your server? I mean when you login to your account through the DSO client (not within browser) then when it gets to the server selection after clicking that another window will pop up where the actual game is running but there's another blank (black) drakensang window that doesn't really do anything. I sometimes accidentally click that other window and when doing Alt-tab then when I get back to the window where the game is it will start to lag, slow mo, bouncing when blinking (mage). For some reason I can't close that other useless window because it will also close out the window where the game screen is.

Please help, I want to use the client than playing it on the browser. But it opens this annoying second window that lags the game when you accidentally click it.

2. Ralph

Ralph Someday Author

So you are saying my thread is useless? I am raising a valid technical concern here that as a player, I am experiencing.

3. Figgy

Figgy Forum Greenhorn

Do grow up. There's a good chap.

4. Ralph

Ralph Someday Author

You mean from the old forum? They said they are going to move the old threads over here so they are not deleted... yet. Well, if I don't post here for help then I don't know where else to.

Are you referring to me?

5. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

Hi Ralph, does playing in "window" mode (as opposed to full-sceen) make a difference?

6. Ralph

Ralph Someday Author

No I haven't tried and wouldn't want to play in window mode. Apparently the problem is fixed already after I updated my Microsoft Visual Run Time C++ software to the latest version. It no longer lags even with that other window popping up.

Thanks and you may close the thread now.

P.S. Can we have an option to close our own thread?

7. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Nope, its always been the mods job to close threads, glad its sorted though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.