Feedback Community Letter Release 213/14

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by Sunlight, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mierlarosie

mierlarosie Forum Apprentice

There are 3 possible solutions for clover problem. You make one and it's all good.

1. Increase drop in clover dungeon. Keep prices the same and the same limit on farming dungeons.

2. Make farming dungeon unrestricted. Keep same drop and same rune price.

3. Make runes cheaper. Keep drop and the same restriction on clover farm.

Bubble and heror like this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Wrong. Since there is plenty of feedback from lvl 55s about a week into testing I decided to also do some lowbie :p

I had one toon already at lvl 16 and created another new toon from scratch. I would be amazed if any new f2p that tried this game would stick with it for more than a week. A new p2p play may hang around a bit longer before realizing the entertainment value/money spent is just not worth it.

The gold economy is way out of whack. Heck, the first thing that hit my new toon was having to pay 35 silver to craft for the Useless Rubbish quest and get 8 copper for a reward. At lvl 12, 35 silver is a big chunk of your coin. And a new player cannot even look forward to scrimping together 10 gold for their first mount anymore. The old 10 gold gray now cost 400. The only hope for getting a mount early in the game in the game now is either getting luck with lockpick drops and an exo chest (the can drop they gray and cheeky monkey pet) or getting thru an event somehow.

As far as the actual gameplay difficulty it is much harder. This is primarily to the nerfed drops everywhere. It is much harder now to just keep your toon equipped with half-decent junk from drops near your level. And let's not forget that if you want to do any crafting other than random green gear you have to play in painful.

I could bullet list many more problems facing a new player joining this game but for now, I am content with :D at the irony. The whole theme of this release seems to be "out with the old (players) and in with the new." Well, the devs may have the first part of that right but I'm conjuring they may be in for a shock if they really are expecting this turd of a release to attract hordes of new players.

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

they aren't really getting out the old players, they are making a new ceiling for them to get them to farm again if they want to be on top and they are making the growing curve for new players even more frustrating so they lose it and start spending

4. stacker99

stacker99 Forum Master

Spending for what? Gems to be better farmer? Runes now are impossible to obtain, except, probably from moon events. But who spends money to be better farmer? I don't know such a person, do you?
    Developers aren't familiar with economics, and the company finance team if any is on long vacations somewhere on Mars... All the Bugpoint company went out of space and time with this stupid changes. Better play texas holdem with toothsticks.

5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I'd say: triple the selling cost of the equipment and increase the coin drop stacks sevenfold in the TS, and we'll see if it is enough (unlikely) or the process has to be repeated... then we can talk.

sargon234 likes this.
  6. Still not enough, with such ridiculous prices.. purple items should be worth like 10g each

7. Sciamachy

Sciamachy Forum Greenhorn

Read the quest requirements again you have to harvest Anacampseros in a specific location it doesn't matter if you get them from another location

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. sargon234

if i were a payer i would spend money to farm better, i'm not a pvp fanatic who sees pvp as the end of game, i see farming as an end in itself, i like pve challenges

Economics is a pseudoscience
    it's better than nothing and he left the possibility to increase prices for selling stuff

I am also more concerned with glyph drops and the appeareance of gold lines

9. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

Dead? Time will tell I guess. You are right the Devs have decided. They had already decided when they posted this letter. They were never interested in feedback. All the time and money they put into this revision they were gonna do it no matter what we said. See how many new players they attract, seems that is what they want. With this format I don't see new players even sticking around to lvl 55. Is what it is I guess.

piteris2 likes this.
  10. sargon234

how do they plan to attract new players if they do not even advertise?

11. MikeyMetro

I reported this on 21 Nov but following the forum rules I did it in an edit and it probably never got picked up.
    I will try it again in a couple hours to see if it is fixed yet.
    How about you read the instructions? The quest says ANY Duria painful or excruciating dungeon. (Just in case you do not know Duria is all maps thru Norselands.)

12. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

What is left to advertise? I don’t think DSO in the state it is now stands a chance against the more mainstream MMORPGS by well-known companies like Blizzard, etc. The devs have made it super difficult for newcomers to progress, increased the prices of tons of resources and completely destroyed competitive PvP. What is left of the DSO we all used to play back in the day? It seems only the graphics have remained untouched by the devs, I don’t mean maps or expansions but the actual game engine. None of that has changed. But the core game, game economy, PvE and PvP have become completely unrecognisable to veteran players. Even this time last year I would say that DSO was in a better position than it is now. It’s sad but undeniable.

Yes, I know players like you who are not hardcore PvPers and who see PvE as an end in itself. And I don’t discriminate against you for that; everyone has their own preferences and opinions. What bothers me is that the devs have made PvE and PvP almost completely separate with this release, and this is certainly not agreeable with many players. The whole point of an MMORPG is that your efforts in PvE influence your gameplay in PvP. So the more you farm and craft, the better you would theoretically be in PvP. Who in their right mind decided it was a good idea to abandon this principle - upon which all games of this genre depend?

13. unchained

unchained Forum Apprentice

Runes

My old mighty rune of celerity will be equivalent to new lesser of celerity. :)
    it's not acceptable do not do it, no wonder why they running 2bm 2nm events last month and another one for dec. :p
    too bad i already combined them all mistakes are made. :( it is what it is, just manning up like nothing happened. :cool:

Pvp Update

Yes! at last they made pvp for anyone to enjoy "based on your action" not "based on your gear" hmm is that your 1st step for pvp tournament events? :)

Secret Lairs

If clovers same as drop rate of lesser rune of grand celerity in bm event that would be meh. "cross fingers" think positive :D

Crafting

Well done! there's a small quest introduction towards crafting gears and stuff +1.

*the post shown here are just based on my opinion and never intended offend someone*

LONG LIVE DSO :)

14. MikeyMetro

Just checked this out again with 2 toons. Still broken as of r214_2 on TS

15. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

It works for me. Perhaps you are missing a few points.
    1. You have to travel to a Duria dungeon first. In this context, "Duria" means Slifmoor+Shorfolk. However, it only counts this point for you if you enter the Prison of Souls. This is a bug!!!
    2. You have to have common (white background, so from painful or excru) Anacampseros in your ingredient bag. It doesn't matter where you got it from, in my test I had it before I accepted the quest and it worked.
    3. You have to have a common bottle (white background) in your ingredient bag.
    4. You have to show both ingredients to Petyax.
    5. Only then you are able to craft the potion.
    It is all specified in the quest description (except for the requirement to enter Prison of Souls, which is a bug, but you can get it from the quest navigation).

16. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

People
    Idk man, there are tons of crappy, half broken AAA games that sell for $60 + micro transactions, and their publishers spend like half the budget on advertising and merch. DSO is playable and for someone who hasn't been around since 2011 or so, so they aren't bored yet, it's quite enjoyable. I get bored or frustrated here and there because of random crafting results, grindy events and such, but I keep coming back. I checked out other similar games that are newer so they have better graphics and much more sophisticated skill trees, but I quit them or didn't even try them out myself. DSO has a charm, not sure what it is, though. But I wish DSO devs looked into other games some more and used some of their ideas to refresh the game.

1vanka likes this.
  17. Sciamachy

Sciamachy Forum Greenhorn

I works on any dungeon between Kingshill and Resistance Command Center in which you can enter on Painful or higher

18. MikeyMetro

Thanks, I'll give PoS a try. The first 3 toons I did this with early on I got the stuff from Loxley. So, BUG, Yeah.

19. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Yet another bug. If you enter a poison secret lair from eg. regular world arachna on painful, you will be able to reach only two platforms (because the rest is blocked by a temple guardian conjuring an impenetrable shield).

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is pile of crap.
    According to that graph DSO's peak was on August 2008 ... and the game was not even existing back then.
    It must have been The Terminator who was googling DSO from the past :)
    It is probably Drakensang (not Online).
    Drakensang was not an MMO game. Drakensang: The Dark Eye was released in 2008 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakensang:_The_Dark_Eye followed by Drakensang: The River of Time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakensang:_The_River_of_Time
    Game developed by Radon Labs, the creator of Nebula 3 engine . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon_Labs
    They went bankrupt in 2010 when they were bought by Big Point.
    Radon Lab's HQs were in Berlin ... as they are still ATM :D ... DSO's HQs are in Berlin. So i assume the current drakensang Team (as they like to say "Our Agency") under BP is the team formerly known as Radon Labs.
    The point being .... It is a Different Drakensang existing since 2008, but from same developers
    Those Google statistics are irrelevant to DSO since Drakensang was not a MMO back in 2008.
    So it can only refer to "Drakensang" without the "Online" extension :D
    HOWEVER, it represents the searches through google ... even if i doubt it is correct ... it proves that the advertising and the referral system were working back then. Why would anyone search for something when they were having direct link obtained from ads and the players through the referral system (invite X friends ... which was removed from the game).

With the introduction of Secret Lairs they are promoting one old set. What an unfortunate pick. The Legendary King's Armor. That set was promoting the Korean Server focusing on that market ... I don't think those players are still around.
    I don't understand how can they not understand that this game was not successful because it was Diablo-like Game ... it was successful at the start because it was Lord of the Rings - like game with western mythology included inside.
    Instead of reviving some shiny armor western-looking set ... they have chosen the funny looking Korean one.

Those Sacred Lairs are still under construction and unfinished.
    The player spawns over a chest instead of the spawning location ... some of the dungeons are making no sense for the time being.
    The drops are low ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.