CotBK - Return of Dragan (June 2016)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jun 9, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Check our Wiki Guide ... it will be updated

[​IMG]

2 New Sets
    New Tier 3 for Dragan's Ring

I haven't been to Dragan's dungeon yet ... I expect the old set to be removed (that is why Gnob is selling it now) ... but I can't confirm for now.

ekant1992 and VukChe like this.
  2. EvelynJ

EvelynJ Forum Apprentice

The calm before the storm...

There's going to be a serious backlash if people can't get the old set besides Gnob. Has anyone even done the maths on it? 500 per tier ONE item. So that's 16 items per tier 3 item and 3 different items.

16 * 3 * 500 = a huge 24,000.

Now that's assuming you get every item precisely as required. We've all experienced those 'lucky spheres' which are heavily weighted on the cheapest / worst items of sets.

The stats on the new items look terrible, gaining charges on block is perfect (when only 1 of the 4 classes are even melee) and in PvP people die in a few hits anyway so gaining a 'charge' from these new uniques won't accomplish anything.

3. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

Wait what ? Been waiting for so long and i cant get my warlord regalia set ? I was so excited of dragan returning i hope that set better drops because if it isnt i am really done with this. My DK really needs it for tanking so i hope it still drops

4. trakilaki

What I said
    also ... those were dropping for too long if you ask me .

5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Damn.... wish i had saved black knight pieces for level expansions in the future.....

6. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

New items for SWs! (English forum linking to German forum... we've come full circle!)

The 2 new sets look interesting: helmet-boots-gloves and pauldrons-torso-cloak, so sadly neither will be compatible with the Warlord set. I can't comment on the pauldrons-torso-cloak set since it seems to be for tanks (the set bonus is a temporary "Dragan's Protection" buff that increases your block strength, armor, resistance, and dmg every time you block).

The helmet-boots-gloves would give a total of
    • 40% increased weapon dmg (for 2H)
    • 20% travel speed
    • 138 dmg
    • 1346 armor
    • damage from teleporting (150% of base dmg) to enemies around you
    It would be a slight boost in dmg for 2H SWs over the Warlord set, but you would primarily lose the mana bonus and any attack speed you have on your gloves. So I don't think I'll be making the switch...

7. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

The Unique Longbow has 150% damage and 100 damage.
    Will that stay or are they gonna nerf it down :):oops::(

8. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Prolly nerf it. 150 and 100 would outclass even a perfect legendary.

9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Don't get too excited:

10. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Are you EDIT? I've been keeping a bunch of capes in my inventory for months, planning my entire build for when I get the set, and planned on buying deluxe for the event. I don't see any of the original set pieces and now dragan doesn't even drop items 100% of the time? If this EDIT goes live I quit and I'm sure my other friends I play with on tegan will as well putting the final nail in the coffin for the already small server and the player base of the whole game as well.
    Seriously who thought these changes would be good? No original sry pieces and no guaranteed loot for the boss? What the EDIT is with this games devs???
    Good job on slowly killing a game that has incredible potential. Unbelievable and unacceptable.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 9, 2016
    Rhysingstar and icicle478 like this.
  11. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

I finally managed to get on the test server and play the event a little. I had 10 pearls for Dragan normal from the last time he was on test server and all 10 entrys got me 0 items only some coins and draken.

12. Rhysingstar

Over on the German forum there is a video. About the 12 minute mark, the player finally enters into Dragan.

A small gem, some draken, some coins.

He also showed the spider boss (maybe Arachna) and that kill produced some draken, coins and a whopping green gear drop.

I'm not seeing a lot of positive feedback yet, so maybe if we somehow get lucky the dev's will delay this event and rethink the idea.

13. BLASTUP

BLASTUP Active Author

Here is a video

I personally think that the normal degree will drop draken the most of times and painful degree will drop 1 unic and 3rd degree 2 unics, but i cant kill the painful dragan because its too strong ,don't really know what is going to happen ....

14. trakilaki

Nope.
    I have played all difficulties ... 5x each.
    I got :
    1. copper coins
    2. copper coins
    3. more copper coins

Not a single unique item drop. :)

Dragan in mode I is ordinary difficult Dragan ... while in the toughest mode you get Much hardened Dragan + lasers + 3 Knights with 3 and 4 random skills :)

Morinphen, BLASTUP and Rhysingstar like this.
  15. BLASTUP

BLASTUP Active Author

Thats a big disappointment :mad::eek::confused:.. hope they fix it soon or no one is going to play this event

16. Rhysingstar

I am not sure how hard you have to bump your head to think that this "improvement" to the ONLY requested event is a good thing.

Maybe they are tired of so many players begging for it all the time?

I can appreciate the fact that they came up with some new gear, but they certainly went out of there way to p*** off so many people.

Maybe someone somewhere is happy with the changes, but from all the feedback I've seen, I can't find the happy ones. Should make for an interesting CM thread.

icicle478 and Morinphen like this.
  17. trakilaki

BTW ... I killed the spider only at easiest mode.
    I couldn't enter the other two modes (probably bug) ... I got same drop like in Dragan's room :D

EDIT: Magafounias and I are working on the wiki event guide ... we will try to update the page as soon as we can.
    We have almost all the info (we were playing this entire day) ... but we have to take a small break. :p

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    noor1991 likes this.
  18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

My thoughts:

Gear:
    It SELF EDIT that they removed the Black Warlord gear from this event! I wanted it for my SM, but now I'll need to farm a ton of Draken over the course of a year to have a hope at getting it which wasn't exactly the plan for an alt.

Aside from the fact that all the players who desperately needed the Black Warlord set to be competitive got shafted, this new set is not a bad thing for existing players who already have the Black Warlord set. I'm not so much interested in the full set (which is worth 40% 2H damage total, but has crappy defense compared to the existing set)... What I want is the gloves. Using the gloves with the existing set and a really nice 2H weapon still has a lot of potential. While 9% may not sound like much, it is applied separately from the 50% weapon damage you get from the 10 wisdom point skill and separately from the 50% damage that many of us take from our 25 wisdom points or the % damage from a torso. If you had a 25% damage torso from Crafting 2.0, this means that the 9% damage would actually be worth about 24% of your weapon's damage. In my case, I have 1555-2081 weapon damage, so that could be worth 367-492 more damage... from a set of gloves. Not bad.

But this is even better news for SMs who don't want to lose their semi defensive 2H SMs using the Black Warlord set. They too could get 39% weapon damage (as opposed to 40% with less defense), but because a smart 2H SM who relies on turrets will use the Defender's Weapon adornment. That means, with a 25% torso, a conservative 10% decoration, and the bonuses, they would get 25% damage from the "9%" more damage. Considering that SM's 2H guns have much higher base damage than a DK's axe, they could gain 450-625 damage. with a weapon of similar stats to my axe (assuming base stats of approximately 1800-2500). A SM could hit damages of 8,000-10,700, with a nice enough weapon and with some nice enough rings, amulets, and belt, they may even hit 8,500-11,200. And for anyone who is interested, doing three turrets worth of damage (2 MGs and a Tesla), a SM could be easily doing sustained damage of 64,000+ damage per second... with no essence. No other class could even come close to that

SWs could apply something similar to the DKs.

Worth noting, unless it is nerfed (like I think the bow will be), if RAs get to keep this set at full 40% damage for long bows, it is huge! They are limited to 15% right now from the warlord set, and if they could get 40% from this set, they will be much more dangerous than they already are... maybe it would even shut up guys like Fab or Neo :)rolleyes:).

The Event weapons are also very respectable while hunting for a Crafting 2.0 godlike weapon.

More to come on the defensive set (Battle Worn set), but it may replace the Black Warlord set as the primary tanking set for DKs doing boss runs.

The new/upgraded ring isn't important at the moment. No one will get it on live server for several more Dragan events unless it drops from the chests in the event or from another boss, but it looks rather nice.

Event Difficulty/Rewards:
    At this time, the rewards do not justify the effort and vice versa. More to follow

19. taketh

taketh Regular

@_Baragain_ For SM, the new set gives 10% more weapon damage minus the attack speed from the gloves. Im fairly sure that it isnt worth it.

20. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

I'm not so sad about those changes. Warlord set is good just for tanking or dwarfs players (also for mages and war if they have a good 2h), but for my hunter it was just collection gear... the sad part is, as most of you said, new players or alt characters will need a lot of farmed drakens to get warlord set, and i think i know why BP did such a change to dragan event...

Looking at the drop rates of the new equipments, i think that my cursed pearls are going to be used to the spider, to get the mount. Also i have more time (not killing dragan) to try to craft a poison bow wich is coolest ever (my opinion).

That are my thoughts, unless they really nerf the bow (150%weapon damage and 80 damage are still good, but 100%weapon damage and 60 damage, NOT).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    femashep likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.