CotBK - Return of Dragan (June 2016)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jun 9, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What are you talking about???
    That was a error at first place ... any knowledgeable ranger would know that.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm sorry, but the only thing you got right in that was using wisdom to edit attack speed.

The way you measure this sort of thing is by removing your weapon to make your damage a fixed amount, not a range. Then you have no variability to the damage. That lets you calculate exactly what impact something has on your damage.
    Any player with half a brain who's played the game for more than a couple months could tell you that it was a copy past error that would be fixed... but do you honesty think that applies to guys like neo?

3. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

Maybe you should head over to the ranger show case and see Troneck's stats here's the link https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/showcase-your-ranger.10239/page-33#post-650750

and just a post below it is Baragain's stat comparison.See for yourself what happens when a ranger plans his build around his strengths rather than crying about his weakness.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

We've already established that bloodyneo doesn't know what his chosen class's strengths are. All he knows how to do is cry an whine in hopes that the other classes will be nerfed.

Regarding "beg people to get invited"... A guy like Troneck would always be welcome in my group. Factor in that I would tank bosses against a wall, that DPS would be outstanding and enough to shame some SMs.

5. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

I'm definitely interested in the gloves too! Could you explain the 9% damage further though? Do you mean that any wisdom damage % bonuses will be applied on top of the 9%? (9% of weapon damage x 50% wisdom (weapon) bonus x 50% wisdom (damage) bonus) Just wondering if it'll be worth it to farm these gloves if I don't use a damage torso. Thanks!

Nah, bloodyneo's DPS already shames a lot of SMs. :) His shots really hurt...

6. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Oh ok, i'll leave a post-it for my future self when i'll finish university:
    <<Get a job and shop andermant to improve the stats of your ranger and be invited>>

(I'm not complayning about my weakness, because i got some luck-->if i crit with 2 yellow arrows after an EA a marked mob in fatal mode resist with nearly 5%hp so i'm not so weak, neither strong<--, i'm talking for other players that did not, and THEY have to beg to get invited.)

Just to say, yesterday i went to q6 mode 2. Who was so desperate to change from "add me for q2 or q4 fatal" to whisp: "inv me"? Just hunters. Q6 mode2 is better than ask 2 hours "add me".

Scythe likes this.
  7. Scythe

Scythe Someday Author

Not really! @Troneck86's stats are incredible because of his hard work and the fact that he's an awesomely old-school player. It's not for us to be compared to - unless we've played for as long as he has - but rather, it's for us to aspire to. :)

That can be an amazing team too. I remember the good ol' days of HoD with rangers (because I prefer Q3 these days)... just a green/orange corridor of death! But that's off-topic for this thread, so maybe we can continue this discussion in the rangers thread instead?

ekant1992 and _Baragain_ like this.
  8. _Baragain_

From experimenting, I found that the % damage from the Warlord set is applied in the same step as the 50% from knowledge. I miss-remembered when I made the above post, but that 9% would still be multiplied by the % damage from the knowledge tree Attack skill and from any %damage on the character. So the 9% would actually be a minimum of 13.5% of your weapon's damage to 15.75% depending on if you have a good torso. Still not something to sneeze at when it you are talking about the potential damage of a 2H weapon.

Scythe likes this.
  9. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Wait, so the wisdom points of the Attack skill directly affects the 9% weapon damage of the helmet & gloves even if this Attack skill doesn't directly affects weapon damage, but overall damage ?

10. trakilaki

I was playing Ghastly Grave in hardest mode ... i was hoping to get one or two unique items ...
    ... but I guess i got lucky :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

That is seriously depressing...

12. _Baragain_

I don't totally understand what you are asking, so I'll try to lay out all the calculations that factor into your displayed damage and hope that this answers your question. Also, doing so I discovered an error with my own assumptions... but you need to read to the end to see.

Here is the procedure used to calculate the damage you see on your stats page. I've highlighted in yellow where the gloves factor in. I've also included a section in green with a practical example.

• Weapon damage: This is the displayed damage at the top of a weapon. Lets break it down further:
      • First, the weapon's base damage, any +damage enchantments that are on the weapon, and any rubies that are on the weapon are all added together. (For Example: 154-286 damage on an axe, a +100 damage line, and 5x +22 rubies add up to 364-496)
      • This is then multiplied by the % weapon damage enchantments on the weapon. (For example, if you have 150% weapon damage, the damage added up above would be multiplied by 2.5 giving you 728-1240)
    • % Weapon damage not on weapons: You can get % weapon damage from a couple sources. Among them are the 10 point Behemoth skill, the Black Warlord set bonus, and now this upcoming new set (Helmet, Gloves, and set bonus). These are all added together and you multiply the weapon's displayed damage by this factor. (For example, with Behemoth, the Black Warlord set, and the new gloves, you would multiply 728-1240 by 1.89 to get 1376-2344)
    • Now all sources of non weapon damage are added up:
      • Character damage: All LVL 50 characters have 151 damage as their "naked" base damage.
      • +Damage on non weapons: All +damage from non weapons is added up together and is added into the "base damage."
      • +Damage from sets: Many sets offer a flat damage bonus as one of their set bonuses
      • Adding the 151 base, maybe the 50 from Tear holder, and the 35/130 from the Dragonsilver set, and the 40 from keen's set, you'd have 406 damage. This is added to the based damage of the weapon to get 1782-2750.
    • Now we finally factor in the % damage. It can also come from several sources:
      • Items with % damage as a stat: This includes torsos, the Ring of Death or the Defender's Weapon Adornment.
      • Wisdom points spent on "Attack": Self-explanatory.
      • % Damage from set bonuses: Sets like the Essence sets factor in here. The Witch Chaser set also is factored in here, but the 22.2% bonus here is only applied to the max damage. In those cases, you need to have two multipliers, one for the min damage and one for the max damage.
      • Essence and buffs: Essence and damage buffs are also calculated in this step and added to your other % bonuses. This is why if you have really high % damage from your gear, blue essence doesn't give you as much damage as you probably expected.
      • For our example, I was assuming a 25% damage torso, 50% from "Attack," and no set bonus or ess/buffs. This comes out to 75% damage, or x1.75. That brings the damage up to 3118-4812 which would be your displayed damage.
    So, if we describe it with a simplified equation to show where the gloves factor in, it looks like this:

Damage= ((TotalWeaponDamage)*(1+%WeaponDamageBonuses)+OtherDamage)*(1+%DamageBonuses)

If we take out the "+OtherDamage" due to it not effecting what our new gloves effect, we see:

Damage= (TotalWeaponDamage)*(1+%WeaponDamageBonuses)*(1+%DamageBonuses)

Assuming You are looking at using Behemoth, the Black Warlord set, the new gloves, a 25% damage torso and 50% damage from "Attack," you get:

Damage= (TotalWeaponDamage)*(1.89)*(1.75)=TotalWeaponDamage*3.358

Compare that to without the gloves and you get

Damage= (TotalWeaponDamage)*(1.80)*(1.75)=TotalWeaponDamage*3.150

You see that with the gloves is 20.8% more of your weapon damage making it into your final damage. So, with the new gloves, you'd be gaining just about 21% of your 2H's damage added to your base damage. In my case, that is about 323-433 damage gained from those gloves.

NoelaniAlthea likes this.
  13. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Oooookay, I understood. I thought you said that the 9% wd from the gloves was different from the 30% from Warlord set or the 50% from the Behemoth skill. But you only said that because of the other multipliers (%damage) the effect of the gloves is amplified. Thanks :)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  14. trakilaki

Please no MATH in my thread! :mad:

EhtovK likes this.
  15. _Baragain_

:D:cool:

EhtovK likes this.
  16. trakilaki

17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

That goes to show how cheap they are, at this rate we'll be better off farming fatal forever, or until we get fed up and leave, and ignoring every event they throw at us, 2 white items from a boss that required grinding to get to and some good essences to kill is unacceptable.

trakilaki likes this.
  18. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Instead they wonder the probability to have a watermelon with a 45 cm circumference.

19. trakilaki

Ah ... that is not the boss drop ... you have to get to the boss first. The Spider boss is a joke compared to the monsters on the way there.

20. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

That's a bit relieving to know, but not 100% encouraging either lol

trakilaki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.