Crafting 2.0 Results

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by _Baragain_, Jun 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I guess this fits the category of:
    But this doesn't even look crafted.

Sakkon likes this.
  2. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Some more exo to leg:
    [​IMG]
    The 11 is from a junk and the 12 is the random one.:D

[​IMG]
    Kinda' meh, but good enough for my future Q7 gloves. :p

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Why would You even do that? Crafting from 4 1x Lines into a 4/4 has a success chance of 0.05% (According to Baragain's Crafting Success Chart). And that is basically 1 in 2000 chance. And were You dissapointed?

That is a great shield in the making. I had 4 lines of .64 block strength and lost 2 of them last week with a crafting mistake. I was about to kill myself with the disappointment. But, I still have 2 x 0.64 Block Strength lines. But since now I must get both of these lines into the shield which is my only hope, my chances are very trim or in other words, I have to spend a truck load of gold to get those 2 lines into the shield, and let's hope I wouldn't make the same mistake again.
    By the way, I also have 2 lesser lines of 0.59 BS each and thinking of crafting those two to an intermediate shield.

If I use the mobile fortress skill, with those two lines and just 1 IBROTI line of 60%, with a 3/4 line shield, I still can get 80% Block Rate and 75% Block Strength without using Rings or Pads.

Question to Baragain:

So, if I combine a pink shield with 2x 0.59 BS lines,
    a pink shield with 2x 60% IBROTI lines, and two other pink shields with 1x 60% IBROTI lines for a total of 4 IBROTI lines,
    according to Your crafting success chart, if I read it correctly:

Do I have a chance of:
    4.55% to get both 2x 0.59 BS lines
    50.91% to get 1x IBROTI lines
    and for me to get both combinations (2x 0.59 BS and 1x IBROTI)
    is my chance for success = 4.55% x 50.91% = 2.27%?
    or in other words about 1 in 40?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  4. _Baragain_

I'm in mobile right now, but I'll check when I get to my real computer.

EDIT: Here is the math.
    Unfortunately, your odd are not quite as "good" as 2.27%/1:40. You are looking at individual probabilities and, if I'm right, you aren't accounting for the shrinking pool of ingredients after each transfer.

Your possible combos (where A is BS and B is BR) are as follow:
    A/A/B=(2/12)*(1/11)*(4/10)=0.606%
    A/B/A=(2/12)*(4/11)*(1/10)=0.606%
    B/A/A=(4/12)*(2/11)*(1/10)=0.606%

Which adds up to a 1.818% chance. Because there are 1320 possible outcomes and each of those combos can appear in one of eight states (A1...A2 vs A2...A1 and B1 vs B2 vs B3 vs B4), there is a 24/1320 or a 1:55 chance of getting your desired item.
    Hope this helps temper your expectations, and good luck.

Now, time to share one of my best crafts yet, obtained just a little while ago.
    [​IMG]
    This is only about 0.31 away from perfection and that difference can't be worth more than about 25 crit in my final build, even with a gold line unique decoration at LVL 60, full royal onyxes, and 80% crit from other sources. Needless to say, I'm more than satisfied. :cool:

I did a little bit of fancy math, and this decoration is about a quarter of a percent away from "perfect" which makes it roughly equivalent of crafting a pair of gloves or a torso with 39.90% attack speed or damage with the average line being 9.975%. If I crafted one of those, I'd probably be equally as happy.

Now I just need another 100 Draken cores to update the enchantments on my existing T5 Black Spider decoration or another 150 and a T6 Black Spider decoration with a gold line.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Thanks for the math. I suppose it is a long shot, but it is still worth it.
    And Your decoration is a splendid craft.

6. _Baragain_

It is still better odds than trying to craft a 4/4 legendary out of 2x3/4s (0.82%), yet we attempt that all the time. The hardest part will be farming those %BRotI junk items.

7. _Baragain_

Lol, thanks. I have two more 3/4s with lines that arent that good. Basicly, once i got two 3/4s with 29.5% to 30.3%, I stopped accepting anything less than 30.3% on my blues and greens. I'd been trying to craft those two for ages, all the while building the a better 3/4. I made one with 91.5% but still hadn't managed to get the two I already had to combine. So the lowest one was ignored and I used the better two. Then, after leaderboards, I crafted another 91.5% and started using them. The high drop rate of legendaries in the event on inf2 and inf1 provided tons of legendaries to craft with and I got lucky after about a half dozen tries with the two awesome 3/4s.

Basicly, I followed the advice I always give others and it paid off. Some people think it's magic, but really, it is just math.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Yep, Baragain needs a couple day ban for creating such an awesome adornment. :D

That is truly awesome, congrats!

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. _Baragain_

You know what really made my day?

I beat Trakilaki's decoration by 0.263%.
    :p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

RainingBlood666 likes this.
  10. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Another step completed towards longbow build:

[​IMG]

GoulishNightmares and trakilaki like this.
  11. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

putting smiles on that type of order takes bit of time to manage that.. but did you know thats not that big time to archive that.. but

but did you know theres like 2000 active players here and theres more than 80% who doesnt know what craftint is... talking about puting them to unique. huh thats nosense to them.. most of them still thinks that crit increased damage output..

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

How did you run the operation called census? :D

Paavelsons likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

Finally crafted a 2H weapon worth putting on a Unique. It is a place holder and was made with my "worst" 3/4 legendaries so that I can save my 77.7% and higher lines for later.
    [​IMG]
    The base damage upsets me. I bought four and this was the best one, but I have the cores that If I ever get another T6 weapon with significantly better damage, I can soul core craft.

Same time, I made my gloves that will go with this weapon. Because I spent all my frags on the weapons, I'm using a T4 pair of gloves that dropped a while ago and will soul core craft these when I eventually get a good T6 pair.
    [​IMG]

trakilaki, EhtovK, -HARRA81- and 2 others like this.
  14. HellenicMacedonian

HellenicMacedonian Active Author

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

trakilaki, EhtovK, -HARRA81- and 3 others like this.
  15. _Baragain_

I admire your patience with the Bloodtooth. I can't imagine the time you had to spend farming the Draken cores and Draken for Augment cores to make that, not to mention your luck in getting a gold line.

16. HellenicMacedonian

Indeed, I dedicated many hours gathering the necessary draken cores... and i was really lucky with the golden line.

I also got the heart of darkenss, but i'm not ready yet to invest in this item.

I will decide after the introduction of the new changes... But if I do that, I will have 80% critical
    hit rate in infernal 3.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  17. _Baragain_

I got one, but the armor was near the minimum. I won't invest the cores into something that garbage, but if I can farm another 1200 draken from the circus before the sale ends, I'll try again.

18. HellenicMacedonian

I have the same issue

19. xxsinerx

xxsinerx Forum Greenhorn

My best crafts so far
    [​IMG]

I'll share with my still mediocre stats, after the new moon event.

[​IMG]

Got that 2h axe few days ago and I'm curious what's the actually highest enchantment of increased weapon damage in 2h beacause ,probably it's very close to the actually enchantments cap :D

bLaind and Jhinstalock like this.
  20. HellenicMacedonian

xxsinerx likes this.