Crafting probability

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by zelda2008, Feb 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelda2008

zelda2008 Forum Apprentice

Hi,

I struggle since 2 days with this:

If im crafting legendary 2 legendary items with 3 gold stats each
    then how much % chance i have to get 4 random gold stats out of those 6 gold stats i put at start

cause maybe im dumb and doing this wrong

256 probabilities out of 16 stats that i put 4*4*4*4=256 (4 legendary items with 4 lines)

4 stats that i want to get out of 6 gold=24 probabilities

so its 0.9% to get item 4x gold from crafting table?

Or maybe i mess up something help me :)

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Close but totally wrong on both your reasoning and a math. 24/256 would be 9.375%, not 0.9%. The actual chance is 0.82%. You can find the full crafting table here.

On the math side, it is (6/16)*(5/15)*(4/14)*(3/13)=360/43680=0.8242%

Basically, you have a 6/16 chance of getting what you want on the first stat. If it is what you want, you move on to the second. There is a 5/15 chance of getting what you want this time (because you removed the first one from the pool of possible values). Then you have 4/14 and 3/13 by the same reasoning. If you look at the intermediate step of the calculation, where it says 360/43680, that has meaning too. There are 360 possible combinations of four stats pulled from a pool of six and there are 43680 possible sets of four stats from a set of 16 stats with so that there are no repeats.

If that math seems daunting, just use the linked table. I recommend you look for legendary drops with 1/4 gold lines of what you want to put in the 3rd and 4th slots. Just that small addition improves your odds by over four and a half times to 3.85%.

zelda2008 likes this.
  3. zelda2008

zelda2008 Forum Apprentice

Ty, but have 1 more question

if you have 80% block and you get 4x hit without block in row how big chance is to get like that ?

4. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

(1 - BlockChance)^4 = 0.16%

_Baragain_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.