Crafting Questions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Talbor, Mar 12, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I've been skimming through the crafting info & checking youtube, but I'm still confused. Since I don't have much inventory space I'm planning on working on weapons first (1h & 2h). I'm currently level 44.

1. What level would be best to start crafting? I'm assuming I should wait until I'm at least level 50 to start & then start with higher level gear to not waste resources on gear that'll be outdated as I level more.

2. Should I start out with green items with gold lines or start out with gold items with gold lines like the bows in the screens? I read Baragains' "Getting Started" thread, but can't figure out if it's always best to start with greens for some reason.

3. Since I'm needing more damage I'm not sure if I should look for items with attack speed, damage or both. Should I just look for items with 2 gold lines that are the same type (ie: speed) or does it matter what the other gold line is?

4. Does the amount of gems slots matter or is the amount you end up with on final piece random?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1. Wait until you reach experience level cap (currently level 55).

2. You basically want to use greens or blues with gold lines.

3. Most end game builds are going for 4 lines of increased damage on this item% on weapons (especially 2H), not faster attack speed.

4. For enchanted item crafting (4 greens to 1 blue, 4 blues to 1 extraordinary, etc),the gem slots you get are the average of the gem slots you put in.

For pristine, augmented, and soul crafting, I believe you get the #slots on the unique in work bench spot 1. Normally what you'll get is 4 slots, but note that in soul core crafting, the item you've probably been previously using odten goes in work bench spot 2, and might often have the 5th gem/rune slot open. In that case, you are losing the 5th slot.

_Baragain_ and Dragonnns like this.
  3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

What he said... particularly the first line...

4. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

These are not the gold lines that people mention when they talk about crafting.
    There are three types of gold lines:

1. Gold lines in Base Values (top section)
    2. Gold lines in Enchantments (middle section)
    3. Gold lines in Unique Values (bottom section)

You should be looking for Gold lines in Enchantments in Green, Blue and Extraordinary items.
    You should be looking for Gold lines in Base Values in Unique gear.
    All unique gear have specific Gold lines in Unique values, so there is nothing special to look for, other than which Unique to use.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Greens and blues are the best place to start because you can basically distill the good stats as you go up in level. The goal is to use 1x one gold line improved item to make a one gold line blue. Then you use 2x one gold line blues to make a two gold line exo. You then use two of those to make a three gold line legendary. And then you use two of those to make a four gold line legendary.

If you get a bunch of one gold line exos or legendarys from drops and you try to craft up with those, you are looking at spending way more in gold and items to make the same kind of item. For example, it takes 4x one gold line exos vs 2x two gold line exos to have the same chances at making a three gold line legendary. The difference is that you will lose half those lines every time you craft.

Ultimately, one gold line exos and one/two gold line legendaries are most helpful as expendable items in the third and fourth slots when you are attempting to craft the next milestone.

If you are planning on using the crafted item while you look for an item to transfer to, then slots matter. The total number of slots is the average of the number of slots that went into the crafting bench and follows normal rounding rules. If you have 3/2/2/4 slots, the crafted item would have 11/4=2 3/4 which rounds to 3 slots.

If you are planning on using a unique with a legendary crafted into it, you can care less about the number of slots on the crafted item since when you transfer it, you will have 4 slots from the unique.

Otherwise, Nova hit 1 and 3 on the head, cdeepal is right about the gold lines that are important, and Dragonnns is dead on when he says the most important this is to wait until you reach LVL 55. You shouldn't even save items with gold enchantments unless you find a truly exceptional line. For example, if you find a green 2H bow with a gold 76.5% IDotI, save it, but if you find a green 2H bow with a gold 71% IDotI line, you can sell that without any heartburn.

6. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Thank you all for great explanations. They helped clear up a lot of my confusion. :)

--------MERGED---------

I was planning to start another thread asking why the numbers was different colored sometimes, but now I know. Thank you!

--------MERGED--------

Do you happen to know the max value on the blue & purple bows too please?

Last edited by moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  7. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Talbor and Zoltan like this.
  8. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Talbor, I have merged your posts for you; if you could be so kind in future use Edit option to add to your post to avoid writing two or three consecutive posts.Thank you.

9. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Thanks & will do :)

Shine2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.