Damage types, multiplicative and additive, coded by color?

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Puchini, Sep 11, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Was I the only one unaware of this or in doubt?

1. Yes, we all know how this works, go back to your cave¡

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, I didn't have it very clear how that whole deal worked.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I think differentiating damage on item descriptions would be useful, at least in small letters.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Puchini

Puchini Forum Greenhorn

Hello everybody, this is simply a matter of how to build the best build with the right information, my problem here comes down to the fact that I do not have the sufficient information and I don't know if I should be spending an absurd time of hours put into the game to buy an item that I will be virtually throwing into the trashcan.
    Let me explain, When you lvl up an ability that for example does 150% and the lvl on the ability states it will do 30% extra damage, this ability will be doing a total of 200% (rounded up) not 180% because it's not +30%base damage but x30% of the abilitie's damage.
    The problem comes to special unique sets and modifiers to abilties damage, and my problem is here: The Grimmags set that makes Blade dance deal 20% more damage, would that be base 85% + 20% = 105% or 85% x20%=102% ? The difference here is minimal, Even with Bouncing Blade's special effect of Blade Dance dealing 200% extra damage, the real question is, are these damages calculated before the bonus against Marked Targets? Because if so they are all doubled, that's huge, or are they simply additive after the Marked Target bonus of twice the damage has been calculated?
    Sorry if this is a very well known fact but I couldn't really find any easy or obvious answers, and this would be the difference between me building a dancer build or going for what everyone else is building.
    Other sets and character also have these ability bonuses but either because blande dance is a meme or for some other reason, 200% of an ability is the greatest bonus I've seen so I'm wondering if I can make that ability work, and you can see how doubling all these extra instances of damage with the Marked Target debuff would be huge.
    I'm sure there are more important things in the horizon but I think maybe coding damage to differentiate additive and multiplicative would be useful and also small letter for
    key synergies such as Marked Target making blade dance deal twice the damage.
    That's it, thank you¡

kostaszzzz likes this.
  2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Puchini and welcome to DSO EN Forums! We hope you will enjoy your stay with us and find this Forum both useful and interesting. I do encourage you to get acquainted with Our Forum Netiquette and check out Drakensang Online Wiki (if you haven't already done it );

wishing you all the best of luck,
    enjoy DSO Forums!

kind regards.

kostaszzzz likes this.
  3. Puchini

Puchini Forum Greenhorn

Oh okay hehe, I guess that was more of a 'Go do your homework' kind of response, thank you anyways¡
    I do think my quesion about bonuses being increased by synergies like Marked Target is actually fair, that's the difference between 200% bonus damage that Bouncing Blade gives to Blade Dance turning into 400% if you hit marked targets, I didn't find any equation for that kind of damage modifier in the pages.
    Maybe it's just a matter of 'go try it for yourself' it's just a shame you have to do it without knowing if you will want that weapon afterall :eek:

kostaszzzz likes this.
  4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Hi. I looked into it a little bit.

Here's what the skill description says with the Grimmag's set on:

[​IMG]

The game takes your base damage, calculates 85% of that, and then adds the 20% set bonus.

Example:
    Base damage = 10000
    Blade dance = 10000 x0.85 = 8500
    Blade dance + Q1 set = 8500 x1.2 = 10200

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now to the problem you mention,
    yes, it'd be nice if % values were more clear as to from what values they are being calculated.
    A good example is the Q7 buff that still confuses people. 150% increased damage, but how? This has been explained, but for new people in the game, this might be just as confusing, as % bonus on essences and stuff.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

In short summary, affecting the number displayed on the character page, there is Absolute Damage, % Damage on this Item, % Weapon Damage, and % Damage. That number on the character page is then multiplied by Skill Damage, which can multiplied by Skill Damage Modifiers.