Announcement Dark Dwarf Heist 2.0 – Event description

Discussion in 'Event FAQs' started by Allogeneous, Sep 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Official Event Guide & Walkthrough

Dark Dwarf Heist

dark_dwarf_heist_02_dro_facebook.png

Quick Overview:

Required levels1-50 (see notice below)*
    Duration23rd September – 4th October
    *Please note: The event is playable from level 1 on but of course you need to go through the tutorial in order to play it. You can play the event on your own (single), but it might be easier to play in a group.

What is new in this event!!
    • The random monster enchantments (from Lor’Tac champions) have already been applied to this event.
    • We have a new costume in the progress event bar: the diving suit costume!
    • We have reduced the number of challenges from 3 to 2.
    • We have introduced six new achievements!
    • There is a new character in Dracania looking for help. His name is Drake, the Soldier of Misfortune, and he is waiting for you in Kingshill, near Thabo.

Introduction – Plot

This event is all about Viscanium, a magical mineral used by the Spellweavers to create magical books, in which the story of Dracania is written down. Viscanium is gathered from a mysterious mine, a hidden place, somewhere in Dracania.
    The mine was recently attacked and eventually taken over by dark dwarves. The dwarves have built a submarine dock underneath the mine in order to transport the stolen Viscanium to Stalgard, where they plan to create dangerous military equipment with it.
    The Spellweavers ask the heroes of Dracania to stop the dwarves and their minions, as Viscanium can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of the dark dwarves.

How to start the event

In order to start the event you need to speak with NPC Mud and NPC Shady John in Kingshill. Hear what they have to say, accept their quests and make your way to the Viscanium Mine. The entrance is located right next to Mud and Shady John.

PortraitNameLocationPurpose
    [​IMG]MudKingshillMud has some trouble with the gnomes which had invaded the mine. He is muttering to himself when he doesn’t notice the player. Also, quest giver.
    [​IMG]Shady JohnKingshillJohn sells event-specific items for Andermant. In this case, Purified Viscanium in various amounts. In addition, he also serves as quest giver.
    [​IMG]*NEW* Drake the Soldier of Misfortune*NEW*Kingshill – next to ThaboHe is a dead fortune hunter who is not able to find his eternal rest, because of his unfinished list of hidden treasures he wanted to discover. He asks the player in all upcoming events for help.
    Inside the Viscanium Mine

[​IMG]
    In the Viscanium Mine you have plenty of opportunities to gather Pure Viscanium, which you need in order to progress in the overall event. The mine is occupied by a dangerous array of monsters that need to be put into place. Three bigger champion monsters can also be found in the mine.

Adding Pure Viscanium to the event progress bar: Viscanium Rocks and Geodes

In the entire mine you can find several clickable objects; most notably the Viscanium Rocks and Geodes, that hold the desirable Pure Viscanium. The stack size that can be mined can vary from 1 to 10 pieces.

• Viscanium Rocks: Through a simple click these rocks will drop either Pure or Impure Viscanium. No Crystal Miner’s Pickaxes pickaxe needed!
    [​IMG]

• Viscanium Geodes: They will always drop Pure Viscanium but your character has to use Crystal Miner’s Pickaxes in order to mine Pure Viscanium. Be careful though; there is a chance that a wild Viscanium Minion will appear to protect the geode!!
    [​IMG]

Event state-objects: the Amphorae
    [​IMG]
    The Amphorae are special event chests. To open them you need Amphorae Keys. The Amphorae always drop their loot for the player who opened them, but every group member in the location should be able to open the same Amphora. There are two different kinds of Amphorae:

• Festive Amphorae: you will need 1 key to open one.
    • More Festive Amphorae: you will need 5 keys to open one. They enjoy a better drop.

Most notable rewards from the main event progress bar
    IconNameDescription
    [​IMG]Costume:
    Warrior of Truth
    Gather 1,175 Pure Viscanium and you will be rewarded with this glorious costume.
    [​IMG]Pet:
    Wee Viscanium Guardian
    You will have to collect in total 4,520 Pure Viscanium to gather all four pieces of this pet:
    • Left Arm (part 1)
    • Right Arm (part 2)
    • Guardian’s Head (part 3)
    • Guardian’s Heart (part 4)
    Once you have all four pieces, you can combine them at the workbench and create the final Wee Viscanium Guardian.
    [​IMG]Mount:
    Steed of Truth
    Gather a total of 2,600 Pure Viscanium and this majestic steed is all yours!
    [​IMG]*NEW* Diving Bell Costume *NEW*Exploring the depths of Dracanian waters will no longer be a problem for your hero. Get 4,800 Pure Viscanium and it will be yours!
    [​IMG]Entrance Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’This is the final reward from the progress bar. Your character has to collect 5,000 Pure Viscanium for this reward. This item opens a portal to the map Blazing Inferno, where you will have to compete against Sargon the Terrible and his evil companions.
    Important items for the Viscanium Mine
    Worthy opponents:enemies that are -/+ 5 levels your own
    IconNameDescription
    [​IMG]Viscanium Miner PackYou will receive this item through the quest No Mercenary! and daily by logging in to your account and opening the window for events (hotkey: E). It contains:1 x Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine5 x Crystal Miner’s Pickaxe

50 x Impure Viscanium
    [​IMG]Impure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):No
    Available from: drop from every worthy opponentin Dracania’s areas.
    Purpose: Is needed to complete quests To the Mine and Fair Trade, offered by NPC Shady John.
    [​IMG]Pure ViscaniumAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from:
    There are 5 different methods to gather Pure Viscanium during the event:
    1. Worthy opponents occasionally drop it (only in the Viscanium Mine).
    2. By clicking on "Viscanium Rocks" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    3. By mining it from a "Viscanium Geode" that can be found in the Viscanium Mine.
    4. Through trade with NPC Shady John via the quest Fair Trade
    5. By buying it from NPC Shady John or in the in-game shop (hotkey: T)
    Purpose: Is needed to progress in the event and obtain event related rewards.
    [​IMG]Crystal Miner’s PickaxeAvailable in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: drop from Gravel-Gobbler Gnomes and Zarg the Crag-Chomper in the Viscanium Mine.
    Purpose: Is needed to mine Viscanium Geodes.
    Progress bar items and costs
    RewardNeeded Pure Viscanium
    1x Secret Map of the Viscanium Mine15
    10x Draken45
    60x Lowering Contraption Burner110
    20x Draken240
    20x Lock Pick338
    Wee Viscanium Guardian's Left Arm500
    30x Draken810
    Legendary Equipment845
    Warrior of Truth costume1,175
    40x Draken1,345
    Wee Viscanium Guardian's Right Arm1,535
    50x Lock Pick1,875
    50x Draken2,210
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Head2,310
    Steed of Truth mount2,600
    60x Draken2,935
    Red juggler's Pins emote3,115
    70x Draken3,425
    300x Lowering Contraption Burner3,555
    Legendary equipment4,000
    100x Draken4,250
    Wee Viscanium Guardian’s Heart4,320
    Diving Bell Costume *NEW*4,800
    2x Nightmare “Blazing Inferno”5,000
    Special Challenge Map: the Secret Steamship Harbor
    When and how can you access this map?
    [​IMG]

The dark dwarves are using this underground harbor to smuggle Viscanium and it is your task to stop them. The Secret Steamship Harbor can only be accessed once the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges have started (see timetables below) and your hero will need at least 100Lowering Contraption Burners to access the map. This entrance fee has to be paid every time your hero wants to access the harbor.

Dark Dwarf Heist - Challenges 1-2
    Required Character Level: 1-50
    Maximum number of players in group: 5

During the entire event your heroes will be able to complete two mini challenges that will be activated on specific dates (see timetable below). Challenges are mini events that run along the main event. Each challenge has its own duration and will only be activated once. Each of the challenges has a different progress bar and thus also different rewards.

How to participate in the challenges

The challenges will automatically be activated on the listed dates below, all you have to do is enter the map “the Secret Steamship Harbor”. In order to fill the progress bar of a mini challenge you need to collect Viscanium Drops. You can review your personal progress, the runtime of the mini challenge and the rewards at any time in the event overview window (hotkey: E).

For each challenge you will have to defeat a different type of enemy (see table) in order to gather Viscanium Drops.

Challenge
    Target Enemy
    Change of environment

You will need to kill the dark dwarves in the secret steamship harbor.​
    Viscanium Drops will drop from
    Longhelm Sailors
    [​IMG]

You will need to destroy the dwarven guntowers and the commander tank.​
    Viscanium Drops will drop from the A-74-K Security Towers and the Admiral Iron Creeper
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Beware of the clouds of poison!​

Timetable – Dates of the challenges

Server
    Challenge #1
    24th September – 26th September
    Challenge #2
    1st October – 4th October
    Heredur​
    12:00 pm – 12:00 pm (CEST UCT+2)​
    Grimmag​
    Werian​
    Balor PvP​
    Agathon​
    06:00 pm – 06:00 pm (CEST UCT+2)​
    06:00 pm – 06:00 pm (CEST UCT+2)​
    Tegan​
    09:00 pm – 09:00 pm (CEST UCT+2)​
    09:00 pm – 09:00 pm (CEST UCT+2)​

Items needed for the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges

Icon
    Name
    Description
    [​IMG]
    Lowering Contraption Burner
    Available in in-game shop (hotkey: T):Yes
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine:
    Destructikus Timoff 1000
    Destructikus Timoff 2000
    Destructikus Timoff 3000
    Purpose: Is needed as entrance fee to access the Secret Steamship Harbor and participate in the challenges​
    [​IMG]
    Viscanium Drops
    Available from:
    In challenge #1 Viscanium Drops will drop from Longhelm SailorsIn challenge #2 Viscanium Drops will drop from
    A-74-K Security TowersAdmiral Iron Creeper
    Purpose: Is needed to progress in the challenges and obtain rewards related to the challenges
    [​IMG]
    Poison Immunity Potion

Available from:
    does not drop from any monster
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine.Duration of immunity: 30 minutesImportant Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.​
    [​IMG]
    Small Poison Immunity Potion
    Available in in-game shop (hotkey: T):No
    Available from: drops from the following 3 champion monsters in the Viscanium Mine:Senior Drillikus Alexoff
    Destructikus Timoff 1000
    Destructikus Timoff 2000
    Purpose: This potion will protect you from the poison clouds in the mysterious harbor beneath the Viscanium Mine.Duration of immunity: 5 minutesImportant Note: You cannot extend the duration of the immunity by consuming multiple potions. You need to consume one potion at a time.​

Most notable rewards from the Dark Dwarf Heist Challenges
    Icon
    Name
    Description
    [​IMG]
    Gilded Clover
    Gilded Clovers can usually only be obtained through the Jesters, Arlekin, Zampano and Ballerino
    NPC Zumpe can be paid with Gilded Clovers and exchange them for unique rewards.​
    [​IMG]
    Jewel of Enhancement
    Jewel of Enhancement can be used together with anytwo identical gemstones of the same level to create a higher level gemstone.

During the Dark Dwarf Heist Event you can obtain 2 of these jewels.​
    [​IMG]
    Chest of Enhancement
    The Chest of Enhancement always contains one Jewel of Enhancement.
    It is the final reward of each of the two challenges. In total you can get two chests during the entire event.​
    [​IMG]
    Title:
    Longhelm Hunter
    Complete the entire 1st challenge to unlock this achievement​
    [​IMG]
    Title:
    Safety Inspector
    Complete the entire 2nd challenge to unlock this achievement​
    [​IMG]
    Title:
    Admiral Iron Creeper
    Complete the entire 2nd challenge to unlock this achievement​
    [​IMG]
    Title:
    Heist cancelled
    Complete both challenges to unlock this achievement​

Specific challenges rewards for each of the two challenges

Rewards Challenge #1
    Needed Viscanium Drops
    999x Essence of Combat​
    50​
    3x Spirit Guard​
    75​
    10x Draken​
    115​
    2x Color Cerulean​
    160​
    10x Draken​
    165​
    5x Universal Health Potion​
    235​
    10x Draken​
    305​
    50x Lock pick​
    380​
    999x Essence of War​
    465​
    10x Draken​
    470​
    5x Amphorae Keys​
    575​
    10x Draken​
    690​
    1x Chest of Enhancement + achievement #1​
    810​
    Rewards Challenge #2
    Needed Viscanium Drops
    20x Draken​
    100​
    2x Color Jade​
    180​
    20x Draken​
    275​
    2x Gem Bag​
    380​
    20x Draken​
    495​
    3x Mighty Spirit Guard​
    620​
    20x Draken​
    755​
    6x Amphorae Keys​
    900​
    20x Draken​
    1,055​
    Achievement #2​
    1,120​
    999x Essence of Destruction​
    1,355​
    30x Draken​
    1,465​
    100x Lock pick​
    1,595​
    30x Draken​
    1,745​
    1x Legendary Equipment​
    2,315​
    30x Draken​
    2,545​
    1x Gilded Clover​
    2,720​
    30x Draken​
    3,095​
    1x Chest of Enhancement + achievement #3​
    3,405​

Special Map: Nightmare “Blazing Inferno”

Required Character Level: 1-50
    Maximum number of players in group: 5

The final reward from the event progress bar allows you to enter the map Blazing Inferno twice. Once you enter the map you will see a cloudy red sphere called Trapped Nightmares that you can attack. Beware though, prepare for a Pandora’s Box effect; once you destroy the sphere evil forces will be unleashed. Your heroes will be attacked by no other but Sargon the Terrible, the Glowing Demon and the Fiery Shadowbringer.

With a little bit of luck Sargon and his evil tag team will drop their very own valuables.
    In total Sargon the Terrible has to be defeated 3 times before he is finally dead. He will undergo two transformations in total.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most notable rewards from the Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’
    IconNameDescription
    [​IMG]Mount:
    Hell Mare
    There is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this mount after being defeated.
    [​IMG]Demon CostumeThere is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this costume after being defeated.
    [​IMG]Pet:
    Jumping Jack-O'-Lantern
    There is a chance that the Glowing Demon drops this pet after being defeated.
    [​IMG]Costume:
    Shadow Minion
    There is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops this costume after being defeated.
    [​IMG]Gemstone:
    Shadow Stone
    +11 Health Points,
    +22 Armor value, +33 Andermagic resistance
    There is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops this gemstone after being defeated.
    [​IMG]Sargon’s Terrifying ArmorThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops parts of this set after being defeated.

More info:
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sargon%27s_Terrifying_Armor
    [​IMG]Sargon’s Shadow WeaponryThere is a chance that Sargon the Terrible drops parts of this set after being defeated.

More info:http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sargon%27s_Shadow_Weaponry

Frequently Asked Questions:

Why do I need Draken?
    This is our event currency. You can only win Draken during the event. They are useful in the game, since the event merchant named Gnob sometimes drops by Kingshill and sells special items which can only be bought with Draken.

Can I continue with the “Kill Sargon 999 times” (Entering the Shadow Kingdom) Quest?
    Yes, you can progress in the quest by defeating Sargon the Terrible in Nightmare ‘Blazing Inferno’.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.