Feedback Dark Dwarf Heist (August Edition)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Aug 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes of Dracania,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Dark Dwarf Heist Event (August, 2017).

Positive or negative feedback, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep the discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Kind regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

It would be nice if everyone in a group could open the barrels (well, except for Julov...) or if the drop just stayed there like the drops from the Crystals do.

TwiliShadow likes this.
  3. mauro374

mauro374 Forum Apprentice

I think every time this event comes, somebody at some point of it makes that remark (opening barrels for party) and when the event comes back it's still the same.... also... why not 5 times Jullov in a party? it's not like that barrel appears a lot, that would be like 50 pickaxes if you manage to get a party goin for it, I dont think that would be game breaking stuff.

4. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Still no auto loot for brute viscanium on maps altough it was suggested like 1 million times before....

5. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

The lack of autoloot is frustrating and long overdue. I can think of no reason why anyone would leave progress items behind.

Overall I came into this round of the DDH with a bad attitude and low expectations. I'm happy to say it has exceeded those expectations. I can play on the various difficulties and the progress drops feel fair to me. In addition I picked up quite a few Julov barrels and those have been fun.

6. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

Full positive this time.
    In infernal I we can open all drusa with pickaxes every time (drop of 3, 2 in excruciating and fatal) with a progress ~200 / run.

2 more things and this event is perfect:
    1) autoloot for viscanium
    2) balance gnome champions that are stonger than trolls in same map and stronger than all other champions in parallel world.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

The viscanium definitely deserves a spot in the currency bag accompanied by auto-pick.
    And, you need to fix the damage of the mini-bosses, especially the fire ones.

DocWhisky, Shabono and Demon like this.
  8. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

The only good aspect of this event is the drop ratio for andermants and gems. As others stated, there's still no autoloot (which sometimes is really painful, especially when you cannot see properly the little brown bag...) and barrels issue when in group. Plus, it would be more enjoyable if the barrels would actually contain some event items each time and did no damage to the character. Some of them are even hard to open, especially those near the mini-event entrance. The strength of mini gnomes is overdone, please do change that.
    Unfortunately, in this edition I've noticed so many blind spots (i.e. the places where chars cannot deal damage, but the mobs can :/ ), wish that the game was properly tested before the events go on live servers!
    The drop of poison antidotes for mini challenge 2 is lower than it used to be.
    For those who finished that event in previous edition, there's nothing new, thus many skipped it or are unwilling to finish. Hope that new edition will be more balanced and our feedback implemented.

9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I had forgotten about these so the first time I ran into a fire special... yep, I died :D But it's not just the damage. I have noticed they have more hp as well compared to champion class monsters I have fought in all difficulty levels of pw (note that I have a lot of recent comparison having just finished a leaderboard season with at least gold on all q's and tied for 8th overall.)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

10. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Same overpowered minibosses inside event map.
    Same problem with barrels in group.
    Same poor reward with progress bar.
    Jullov almost impossible to find.

Did I not noticed new features ?
    Some fixed bug or Am I missing something new from previous edition ?

----- EDIT -----

Jullov's pickaxe drop rate does not increase through difficulties, fix it

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Rhysingstar likes this.
  11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm with the others, I don't see any difference in this latest event. Drops seems to be the same, rarely see jullov, mini bosses have entirely too much HP and hit harder than any mini boss in the pw.

Maybe it would be nice if a mod were to share the official updates/changes to the event so we might be able to properly give feedback on those changes.

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Drops feel the same between normal and painful in terms of pickaxes, etc, but there is a definite improvement if you run excruciating - at that point, the minimum pickaxe drop doubles from 1 to 2, and that makes a huge difference in terms of being able to click every geode with a pure drop (using the wiki maps).

Edit: pickaxe drops per free amph chest appears to be the same in excruciating and fatal - 2 axes either way. So my suggestion if pickaxes is an issue is to do either normal or excruciating (where the 2 axes per amph chest makes a difference), not painful or fatal. Of course, if you can do fatal easily you might as well do it, I guess, as the pure viscanium drop does go up over excruciating.​

This pickaxe drop rate also changes some of the incentives amd increases flexibility for how to allocate time between the main event and mini for characters of different strengths.

Edit: for example, my mech can easily run excruciating for both the main and the first mini, so I actually can consider doing full mini runs in excruciating plus full main runs and the result was that 9 or 10 full main map + full mini map runs finished the mini for me and got me a significant amount of main progress and kept my burner count relatively constant from run to run while increasing it as I achieved each burner progress reward - the result was my burners actually went up during the mini and I still got the mini done in the same amount of time as the mini progress rewards was over 250/run for each full mini run.​

However, the mini event is still structured as a "do something many times until your eyes bleed in a short period of time" event that this game needs to get away from.

Edit: conclusion - it is a positive that harder difficulties increase some of the drop quantities, but still too much of a heavy grind in short time event.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Well for the 1st time i decided to pass this event, even though it had good things...
    Really i got bored this grinding we have to suffer at every possible chance..
    Some of the players have some real life things to do, like a job and a girlfriend...

geoff1 likes this.
  14. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

One of the things worth noting is that you can pick up event progress outside of the event map. This is something I forget every time unfortunately and could save myself the grind if I remembered sooner.

What I really want an official answer on is, do the drop rates shift as the event progresses? Not just for DDH but other events as well. It seems the first day or two of an event has great drop rates and encounters (I found Julov 5 times on day 1, and never again after) and then you settle into the grind. Maybe it is my perception but it seems very pronounced.

Lastly, how about introducing a new map for the 2nd mini grind challenge? Surely that isn't too much to ask? Otherwise for me, this event is generally boring, but getting the joker gems is nice.

15. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

dont u think main event rewards should be different every time?...the main event is insanly boring for old players

semen470 likes this.
  16. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Just two things.
    A. The main boss of challenge map sometimes has no viscanium drops.
    B. Why can't we get draken cores from the main boss of challenge map?

Thanks!

17. The main event is a little boring in my opinion. Although a guide on wiki made it much easier.

The mini events are perfect. No days of grind needed like Dragan's mini events. :) Oh and the rewards are awesome. I love the critical damage rune and the jewel of enhancement.

Shabono likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.