Feedback Dark Dwarf Heist - February 2017

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Feb 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Dark Dwarf Heist event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

Another item useless for dwarves. Dwarves do not have critic damage on their strong attacks because they do not use critic damage.

3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Why is there 8% crit damage instead of 9% on the rune?

trakilaki likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What 8%?
    It was always 9% ... but now "+9% critical damage" instead of "9% increased critical damage".

5. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

On live servers the gem comes with 8% instead of 9%. It seems it was changed since the guide was sent to the forums...

trakilaki likes this.
  6. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

he is right, you know. it shows 8% in my screen as well

trakilaki likes this.
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Well Well Well

[​IMG]

Last moment change (facepalm)

8. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

#1 No automatic pick-up again, but better that way until they find a way of making it not cause lag some time after.
    #2 Daily chest was changed without any mention whatsoever, LOL. 40 progress, not too bad... but IDK if better than the other.
    I wonder if all of the ones we'll get this event will be like this as well.
    Yes, and almost finish both minies for the other two. Event is easy and long... needs time and grind, yeah... nothing new there :/.
    Probably nobody would play it too much if they also gave the new runes easier.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 2, 2017
  9. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Event is crap, isnt it?)

Did fatal runs. the drop is a joke. never had more than 1 pickaxe, 3-4 total per run. up to 20 progress per fatal run)

those runes are dumb idea, they were dumb on test server, even worse now. we didnt need offensive gems in the offhand. expanding them to weapons is another joke, as noone would even consider it. dev team completely lost their connection with reality.

the thing I like about event, the only thing I like about it is that I dont need to play it and waste my time.

also cutting on my posts here, pretty much like everyone else. this nowadays forum is nothing comparing to what it was 2 years ago in terms of users engagement. guess it is well deserved.

DocWhisky, rcch, -Skygazer- and 2 others like this.
  10. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Which are the differences between mod 1 and mod 4 ( in terms of progress of the event ) ?
    One of the most boring event.( worst than dunes of desolation ) It is the 4th time I start it and give up after two-three runs.

One personal advice :
    Give mod1 mod2 mod3 mod4 some drop rate event's differences

2) why viscanium is not stackable over 9999 ?

3) Mod1 same drop rate as Mod4 ( event progress ) so :
    ( execpt for guild and friends logged in ) why should I enter with a group 5 in mod1 when I can have it even more fast in solo-mod1 ?
    I totally disagree with that strategy that aim to soloing gameplay

3.2) while in group , only one can open and take barrels's drop.

5th edition and I quit once again.

== EDIT ==

Personally I suffer the extreme grind based gameplay and single mod route that DSO is following.
    Dev are forgetting the 1st important thing that the meaning of word "game" itself has: activity engaged in for diversion or amusement.

A game should be enjoyable and funny

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Morinphen likes this.
  11. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

i havent seen jullov, did you remove it?

12. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

So...

1- Difficulties don't affect the reward, why did you put them?
    2- Pickaxes became a rare drop for no reason
    3- Gem nerfed on the last moment based on what feedback?
    4- The event was long and boring, i thought it was impossible, but now its even more

You almost dedicated a whole update improving this event, and its not the first time you do this.

[​IMG]

13. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Amen, brother!
    They just can't add good higher modes in events. Full Moon, Winter Solstice... all were overall better on normal.
    Still there, can confirm. Guild found a bunch today. However, he gets you fewer pickaxes now.

So, some more feedback... they have made the drops smaller. Added those useless higher modes that nobody will probably consider post-testing runs - only thing that gets a stack buff are the burners (progress is not really a drop, since we get that from geodes with a pick, it's kind of like opening a chest with a key = immune to +mode stack-increase). Pickaxes drop in smaller quantities and Jullov gives fewer pickaxes now. Impure Viscanium seems to be more abundant now, but there was never any shortage of that (never needed to farm outside of the map since I made sure to get at least 200 each run - quota was 600-800 Impure per run, actually... unless you follow that pattern and open only progress-geodes; and now that the daily chest was changed, lots needed to farm their first map at least and had no clue where to do that since they didn't really need to before - not a big deal, but a tiny bad thing following an unnecessary and behind-the-scenes change). It's not auto-looted (the Impure), but I expressed my opinion on this in my last post (regular progress is auto-loot, tho).

In short: another bout o' less drops, more grind! GG... must be fun ruining events, I suppose.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    DocWhisky and MikeyMetro like this.
  14. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

The thing about the new rune is I would have to take one of my gems out and I would end up with less dpi. Even the 12% rune from combining 3 runes doesn't help. I could probably get one rune if I did nothing but farm for 5 days straight with the time I have available. The grind is just too much anyway. These events must be for new players with lots of time.

Javah likes this.
  15. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Do you know why the runes are now 8% instead of 9%?
    Here is a tale :)

Once upon a time, on Monday, the Game Designer invented the Runes. The excitement filled up the facility, at least those Dev rooms. The game designer got wasted celebrating his awesome idea. The Duke of Devastation (finance dep) showed up just in time - few days before the supposed release.

- Those Runes are OP, - he said. - Please nerf them by 33%.
    - Okay, said the Dev, and quickly did his math - 33% of 9 would be ~3. 9-3 would be 6. lets make those runes 6%.

The Duke left the room.

The very last day before the release, the Game Designer finally recovered from the celebration, and discovered that someone has nerfed the runes.

- What did you do to my Runes, Dev? - he asked.
    - Duke of Devastation told me to nerf them by 33%.
    - You have to roll it back, Dev, immediately. get 33% back again.
    - Okay said the Dev, and submitted last minute change with his perfect math. 33% of 6 would be 2. 6 + 2 would be 8.

And so the Runes are now 8%, after magical DSO mathematics.

16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Way to live up to the lowest expectations yet again.

Modes that make zero difference, beyond lousy drop rates, pitiful gear drops regardless of mode, and my personal favorite:

Invisible bosses:

[​IMG]

Way to go.....

Sorry, the game (EDIT) freezing on big mobs has become my new favorite part of your improvements.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  17. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Making slow, boring events... must be a talent....:mad:

Last edited by moderator: Feb 3, 2017
    DocWhisky likes this.
  18. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

i usually look forward to this event because progress is quick, there are joker gems in mini events & there's opportunity to grind picks for keys after you finish .....BUT WITHOUT PICKAXES & JULOV IT'S NO FUN AT ALL!!!

Morinphen, DocWhisky and Troneck86 like this.
  19. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Nope bro. These events are made for heavy payers: better make happy a few millionaires willing to throw 720 anders to get 10 picks, than a plenty of free players ready to complain if they do not drop enough in their opinion. They are simply useless to the chineses of BP, so they are welcomed to stop to play anytime. Of course, also newbies could bear a such agony: but they would play even anything else, thinking that nothing better could ever exist. Instead, for older players, with a good memory, events like this sounds like an offence to the decency (in the best of cases) or even as a "chamber of tortures" (as a friend of mine said yesterday in chat).

Now pickaxes are rare like a white fly and Jullov seems to be passed away (R.I.P.). So there is no way to farm for amphorae keys anymore, and you could just buy them if you wish/can waste money for nothing. The result is that a boring but somehow useful event is now become just deadly to endure. Considered all this, a rune 8% crit dmg is surely not enough for itself, even in the aim to get a 16% someday, but it could give some stimulation if you can cast it in any item you wish: instead, only the 2h weapon or 1h item could handle it... lol.

I am waiting to see the minievents, just for the curiosity to check how bad could be their drop now. For luck I still have a few thousand of lowering contraptions burner from the previous events... at least I do not need to farm for them in this occasion.

Morinphen and jeffzrx like this.
  20. ehrence8191

ehrence8191 Forum Apprentice

I would suggest to play on lvl1 mode as that's the only mode you'd find pickaxes dropping more frequently than the others. I've tried the other modes, could barely get even 5 pickaxes that are drop. Level 1 on the other hand at times gives me until 10 pickaxes as drops or even more. Easier and faster to clear. The honest difference between modes is ONLY the amount of ander drops, so don't waste time trying out other modes. They are all technically the same in terms of drop rate.

I would suggest sharing Jullov. It's the only way you can accumulate a decent amount of pickaxes.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Morinphen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.