Death Sweep vs Deadly Blow

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by piteris2, Apr 15, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Hello, I just have a quick question about the two melee skills for ranger. Why does every ranger (not just endgame) seem to prefer DB over DS. I mean, doesn't DS deal more damage over time and mark enemies thus slowing them down? I also believe that DS can deal something like 35% dmg per second over time, whereas DB only deals a fixed 80% dmg. I just want to know the reasoning behind this as most rangers (in game, on forum, on youtube) seem to always use DB over DS.
    Thanks ;)

2. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

DBDDDDTME (deadly blow deals double the damage to marked enemies)

3. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

From the skills page on the wiki, I calculated that DS deals 50% base dmg + 78% poison (with 2 point talent), which equates to 78 x 3 = 234% dmg over 3 seconds. Total = 50% base dmg + 234% = 284% dmg (plus enemies are slowed by marking).

On the other hand, DB deals 160% dmg when enemies are marked.

So isn't DS still more effective overall?

4. Struble

Struble Board Analyst

Well, DB can give you back all your concentration points after killing a mob as well as healing 10% of your hp, I think that is what makes people using that, the concentration regen is probably one of the most important things for the ranger.

5. RainingBlood666

RainingBlood666 Forum Apprentice

Good evening,

DB not only deals a nice amount of damage, as it as well regenerates Hitpoints...and our most precious resource...concentration points.
    We, rangers, know for sure that we have got to keep our conc high. its no easy task, and DB makes it possible...

Of course there are plenty other ways/builds to do so. But DB is great for that.

DS has its advantages, but in my opinion, DB is still much better.

There you go.

6. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Thanks to everyone for their help. By the way, what is better longbow or shortbow (PvP and PvE)?

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  7. Longbow for PVE. Unless you have alot of speed runes in which case i would actually opt for a siege bow for more damage

8. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Hello, sorry I am not familiar with a siege bow - what is it and how is it different to a longbow?
    Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Its a 2H bow where you can't use a quiver or shield.

The game has 1H bows of 2 general types, short bow and long bow. You can use a shield or quiver with these.

The game also has 2H bows. You cannot use a shield or quiver with these.

For further information I would read the ranger subforum here as well as the drakensang wiki.

10. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Ah, ok, that clears up a lot, thanks ;)

11. deliburan78

deliburan78 Advanced

DB is rangers primary skill for all builds, DS is good for using only in full melle tank build with shield, like primary markking skill with mass effect. In test server DS is seriously nerfed , no mass effect, that make DS useless skill ! Sorry for my bad english.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.