Deeps of Demise

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Kohn_Hamper, Jun 29, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kohn_Hamper

Kohn_Hamper Junior Expert

I think this has been said, can't find a post on it though.
    First off. Please change it to Depths of Demise, just sounds more natural and flows better.

When I got the general idea of what the Deeps of Demise (DoD) were about, I really excited at the idea. It would provide a new challenge to all players, been able to select levels of difficulty aswell. However, when I found out that each level was the same as the last, no new enemies, not getting progressively harder the further you went down, and not a final boss on the 10th level who might have a cool little unique set, I was disappointed. I think DSO let the feel of what this dungeon could have been slip through their fingers. The only real difference between the maps was the actual size, not the amount of enemies, or type of enemies, or the strength of them.

If they could slap together DoD with the Stellar Gold Arena settings, that would have been a much better way to go around it and maybe it would gained more popularity?

Let me know what you think!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    EhtovK likes this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

The one thing I would like to see changed is more uses for the Bone Coins. So other than the achievement (and those are a low on my to-do list) a new currency was introduced that has little use for a toon that was pretty well developed prior to 185.

The maps/mobs are ok. Eventually everyone should only be doing the 10th floor. It's basically the just like PW... grinding the same ole over and over. The difference being there is a useful reason for doing PW beyond just farming for sell/melt gear.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Shabono, EhtovK and Kohn_Hamper like this.
  3. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Agreed, I was very excited by the concept of this map back when R185 was going to hit, but, after seeing it on live servers, the utility of the dungeon falls short, no appealing uses for bone coins for end-game-like players, even average players are not having any use for them as level expansion progressed, no specific sets/uniques, no increased chances for better items/world uniques as you progress, pretty much the same rewards at floor 1 and 10 except on bone coin quantity.

A full rework of the loot lists and maybe some added mechanics would make this dungeon interesting for everyone, not just fresh level 50-55 players.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I was, before the Dragan event, enjoying the Depths of Demise. And after the Dragan event (which is where everyone disappeared to and why I had to as well, cause DoD is a group place) I'll go back to DoD. I find it is a good exp farm and I'm 31k of 40k to get that red carpet. The rest of the items for sale for bone coins do not interest me at all.

How about throwing a "Random": "Legendary"/"Extrodinary"/"Unique"/"Set" item purchase (at player current level) for Bone Coins? (like the legendary in the daily quests)
    Wouldn't it be interesting to collect bone coins, go buy a "Random Set" item and get something from, say, the New Moon event? Or from the Dwarf Heist Event? Or from the Automated Set? And what you open, the level is based on what level you are, not what level the set originally dropped as (like if you had improved it all the way up to current, but no glyph return).

EDIT 8/12/2017 9:05 am ============================================================================

Actually, it gets harder as you gain levels, OR it is as hard as the highest level player in your group.
    A progressively harder level system wouldn't work as those at level 50 would only be able to play the first 2 levels and then would have to exit out and start over, thus it would take from level 50 to 55 just to complete the 5 or so quests that are there (took me from the start of Sands expansion to 8/11 to make all those levels).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Kohn_Hamper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.