Feedback Defeat the Undefeatables - March 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Mar 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

That was Karabossa for me.
    Keep going, I needed few more hundreds but it dropped, I'm sure you can obtain it.
    As Antenor said: The more you think about it, the worse.
    It drops when you least expect it.

Hetsunien likes this.
  2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

the game reads your mind

Well, i consider myself lucky since i got all the pet parts i needed in under 200 runs in circus, though i got many of those parts when the event wasn't running( prior to BP caving to crybabies like @IKILLGIANTS and restricting access) and i had also saved a wishing star

But karabossa was the worst, i got magotina a few times

Still, pet body drop is beyond aweful, it should be back to the level of the pet parts in past events, which was much better

I haven't got many problems though with the drop of ingredients

3. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

Thanks.

I think complaining really works. I got it after the 10th run today.

[​IMG]

Zoltan and MaxDisappointed like this.
  4. .iulian96.

.iulian96. Forum Apprentice

315 runs: 2 pet dolls, 21 feathers and 37 hearts, i have 243 more entries and 90 for dragan ( i regret this bcs the drop is so lowww) , i cant conplain about pet ingredients drops bcs maybe thats not enough runs or its just bad luck , anyway this is a fun event to play .

5. Ricardo_DSO

Ricardo_DSO Forum Greenhorn

530X in the circus, 6 Nefertari, 5 Asar, 5 Magician, 4 Karabossa, 3 Bearach, 2 Medusa, 2 Heredur and 1 Magotina. Where Arachna is, it looks like her drop is 0%.

It's not worth spending real money on this game, that's disrespectful, Arachna's drop is 0%.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

This event comes after 3 months of no event period (not counting in Moons and Storms), it brings 4 new pets, an opportunity to get Dragan's uniques, and a draken and draken core farm orgies.

The pet body parts drop like one or two every 100 runs. If you already have the older dolls, it'll be an exercise in frustration because you'll be getting dolls that you already have. This has to stop. It's a RARE drop, something that you are supposed feel good about, not upset.

There are 2 solutions to this:

1. Allow duplicate doll drops, but make them drop MUCH more,
    OR
    2. Don't allow duplicate doll drops and keep the drop rate as crappy as it is now.
    The new 4 dolls quite suck, by the way.

The unique weapon adornment is utter garbage and the runes that can only be used in it and not anywhere else, only take up space in the loot pool.
    Other runes should drop instead. This is stupid.

The cloak is also garbage. Why? WHY are you pushing these stupid useless items? They do not feel like rewards AT ALL.
    Add one more unique value to the cloak, something cool. The cloak looks really good, but is useless.

The multiple progress bars is an interesting feature. You should use that in other events too.

The drop rate of runes in Secret Lairs is abysmal. And of course the highest drop chance is on the crappiest rune, the blocking one, because most players play 1H with a shield, right?

The ability to spawn a boss in the Secret Lairs is ok.

Do something about the reward chests. Why is it so much better to be always only opening the small ones? Why would anyone in their right mind open the 10 key gold ones? To have a higher chance to get those 3 stupid things mentioned above? Or is it even a higher chance? It's a waste of keys and it's dumb. Why isn't there at least a chance to get a doll's body part from it? The loot table for both kinds of chests is THE SAME (except 25 vs. 50 drakens).
    Like...

[​IMG]

(^Sorry I had to reuse this cause it describes my feelings.)

Due to the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. doll body drop this event feels like a hamster in the wheel. Repeat the same thing over and over. I don't get it, the game is marketed as a action role playing game, not a farming simulator. Grind can be fun, mainly thanks to AMAZING rewards. The progress bar rewards are better than before I guess, but 99% of all items that you get from playing this, are stuff for melting or selling, so most of the things you get are garbage, not amazing loot.

And so last thing, do something with the inventory. I stopped collecting useless things. I'm only carrying a bunch of alternative uniques, essences, some potions, event things I don't know whether they will be used for something, and especially tons of purple and legendary stuff for crafting.
    And half the time spent playing the event I spent by identifying and selling, because I ain't got no damn room. Bosses drop TONS of purples of which 99 out of a 100 end up being sold. You get tons of drop that is entirely useless. You only get coins for it that you burn within a few (FAILED) crafting attempts.

Score: 4/10 ...and that's mainly because there hasn't been any real event since Winter Solstice, and bcause you can get some extra (draken) cores in the otherwise brain butchering process.

_Baragain_ and MikeyMetro like this.
  7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

This pretty much sums up my feeling about this event. I totally agree with your assessment of the useless items.

The main attraction here is the resource reduction runes which I really don't need on my main RA. That being said I do find this event useful for my alts. Even Gwennie's generous drop rate of the cloak finally allowed me to retire the last of my 1000 gold quest cloaks. Also, I got the shield for a few of my DK alts (mainly to say, "neener neener" to the crit on DK shield haters :p)

An interesting note, I found with my alts I could complete the first two progress bars fairly quick just by buying passes to Gwennie and Dragan and thus skipping all the useless stuff. Since many of these toons do not have max inventory this helped a bunch with the time wasted selling/melting every trip.

While on the subject of Gwennie and Dragan; Gweniie's unique drop rate seemed way higher the Dragan's. This makes no sense since both of those actual events are now once per year affairs. It is additionally irrational since the Ghost gear is not all that useful for true endgame toons while Dragan's gear is pretty much 'must have' stuff. (I even us Dragan set on my 1h main RA despite the unique bonus being useless.)

A final note about the tiered progress bars. The concept is great but (as typical for the DSO devs) the implementation is flawed. Players wanted something like this so that all the extra runs would be meaningful. But in reality, completeing all the progress bars is still easy and many (sometimes hundreds) of extra runs are needed to try to get what you want. So really this whole thing is just smoke-and-mirrors and nothing has really changed.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  8. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

No, it is not. The unique enchantment "50% less mounting time" is a big help in some situations. Try farming ores using this cloak and then compare it using another cloak. I'v got used to it so much that I'm using this cloak on all but (PW) boss maps. This cloak and wisdom bonus allows me to mount within 1.5 seconds.

9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Had the same problem... about 600 runs before I got my first Karabossa and that spider was my 31st pet body that dropped.

They really should do something about that drop rate and make things that have a low but regular drop (like the Feathers) be the limiting factor that determines if someone gets the pets.

That is the key... in some situations it is slightly useful, but in all the other situations, it is pretty much useless.
    Good for you, but that's like me saying that I almost exclusively run with the doggy pet on because I have so little inventory space due to my hording tendencies and I'm always selling stuff on the go... really useful under the right conditions, but mostly useless to the majority. By most metrics, the cape is pretty useless and it is a shame that it is a "highlight" of this event. Plus, you can get the 50% mounting time bonus from any tier cape, so the moment you have one, you have the one thing that makes this cape special and have nearly no incentive to keep farming for a better version.

I'll be honest... I LOL'ed.

10. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

Reading all the comments it looks like only I have problem with feathers (drop is around 1/15), but doll parts I collected pretty much very fast.
    Anyway,I think that in progres bar we should also have some feathers/hearts, and also it should be possible to drop doll part from chests.
    Overall, this event is very good, we all can farm nice amount of items/gold/anders/drakens/draken core/clovers/gems/essence/wisdom(who didn't reach maximum lvl).....

11. .iulian96.

The event is sadly ending soon and I have some spare fragments, my question is : can we enter in Circus after the event has ended ? I want to buy entries, I dont know for sure but some players complained about other players who enter in Circus outside the event timeline and now i fear we wont be able to enter anymore so why spend entries if we cant use them?

12. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

I don't know if they will change anything, but on TS ( R217_4 ) you can not enter circus

13. .iulian96.

14. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

im glad the entries will be restricted outside the event,lazy players shouldnt be butthurt by this decision because its a fair one,an event should happen only when is announced not the whole year.if you want to farm more do it during the event!

15. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Yes you support the devs lying to the players' faces, and only because you forgot to buy and use those passages when last year the event was running
    no it's not fair, the devs lied and damaged their already destroyed credibility even further

i lost this opportunity too in past events, yet i didn't come here to complain and cry to get this opportunity removed, i bought them when i could
    Also apparently now doing things and playing and farming means you're a lazy player? EDIT?

Also what's the problem with players farming resources out of the event?It's not like you can farm event advancement out of the event
    Are you payed by Bp by any chance? Because circus was the only way for farm drakens for free and now you can only get drakens out of the daily deal

Last edited by moderator: Apr 2, 2019
  16. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Chitchat and off topic posts will be deleted immediately.

Cheers

17. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Decent event, decent rewards.. but utterly frustrating and unfair doll & feather drops. Been playing the event since the beginning with someone, did only 10-20 solo runs, spent about 3k frags for entries. I only got 4 dolls (3 dolls and 1 double) and my friends has all but the Asar one.. and she gets about 5 per day (doubles, triples, but they drop).

I'm seriously wondering how the 'rng' is working. I can tell you this tho, if you've been premium since the day you joined, like 4-5 years ago, you're not getting any drop advantages.

navelko likes this.
  18. solstone

solstone Forum Greenhorn

I also have 43 dolls, but I did not get the Aracna doll.

Do I have to wait a year to get the Arachena doll?

19. LyLyh

LyLyh Someday Author

I wanna say you a big "Thank you" for this event.
    I had 15k realm fragments and I used them all. I needed only 3 days to collect all dolls. I got so many stones, andermands, gold, runes, and I picked up 22+ wisdom levels.
    Congratulates for all those progress bars and all good rewards!
    :)

navelko and Hetsunien like this.
  20. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Some are lucky, some aren't.

Congrats on being one of the lucky ones.

I had 190 passes before the event and used 90. At least half of the dolls I got were before the event. I still am missing one new one. And am short 2 feathers to craft the 3rd doll. And I'm out of realm frags. :( And the realm frags are dropping crazy scarce. Full run of a PW map is only getting me 3-11 realm frags (mostly closer to the lower number) for all 3 maps + secret lair.

The one doll I really wanted (Magotina) eludes me.

Which brings me to a question on the pets effects: How close to, or in a mage's case: how far from, the boss can you be to have the effect implemented? How close counts? Anyone know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.