Feedback Defeat the Undefeatables - March 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Mar 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

Rewards from the progress bars were good and achievable with more challenge in the end.
    However, what I found very bad was the low drop rate of the different dolls. Even though there are other members from the guild who have had a few dollars or all dropped, I didn't get any after hundreds of runs.
    There you are watching as a fanatic player with 352 feathers, 459 flame or phoenix and 164 hearts without dolls.

Shansurri likes this.
  2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Thoughts:

Progress bar (and progress rewards) were great.

Pet part drop rates were terrible. Pets don't go into pvp, so not sure why the drop rates need to be so low, especially since the map isn't open when the event is over.

I think the circus map should be open all year round. And you should sell circus passes all year round. If not, the event should come back more frequently (at least 4 times a year).

sargon234, rcch, MikeyMetro and 2 others like this.
  3. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

I don't agree. I had 60k frags and I spent 50k.
    We don't need 4 circus event in a year, you need to replenish your frags.
    And being accessible all year for what? If we do all circus in 2 weeks without problem.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Blasphemy Blasphemy!!!
    We don't need that ... we don't want that! Do you hear devs ... we don't want that!

(sitting in the corner hoping the devs will read it and do the opposite like they always do)

rcch, MikeyMetro and Shansurri like this.
  5. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

What we need is a way to farm Draken Cores, just as we have a way to always farm Materia Cores and Tallorian Cores.

We don't need the Defeat the Undefeatables Event but once or twice a year. It would be nice to have the Circus, say, on weekends and it not have the progress drops since the event isn't running. That would give us a way to farm the elusive draken cores.
    -OR-
    Make New and Full Moon both ONLY drop DRAKEN CORES and NO OTHERS.

6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

all event bosses only drop draken cores now, since r216

Just leave the circus open so that people can farm drakens and use them to buy runes

7. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

runes are drop now from secret lair and event bosses drop draken cores,why would you need circus all year?no!

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Listen, you being pissed at people being able to access circus even after the end of the event is not an argument
    i'm not even sure you have one, i can't even understand your problem, to be frank

Guess what, you little smoothbrain, the drop of runes is not good and it's very limited in the availability of secret lair offerings
    What is the problem with people being able to farm drakens for free?Are you a bp shill by any chance? do they pay you? Because if they pay you it becomes clear why are you against this, given how without the access to circus drakens are only available from the daily deal

9. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Okay, here is what I experienced and see happening.

Ability to farm draken cores and draken is great. Difficulty of bosses seems accurate, with one exception not directly related to the event (guardians in lairs). Dropping extra clovers is great, and greatly appreciated. Chests are a great bonus.

Now for the bad-- offering pets as a 'chance' drop, then setting the algorithm for the drops to be anything from NONE to all. I have one character who completed the entire event (all progress bars) plus ran hundreds of times in levels from Inf 4 to painful. She ended with 21 feathers of a gryphon. The good news is that she also only received ONE body, so it's not like I have to store multiple bodies waiting for next year and hoping her luck is better. It's absolutely rotten to go from an event where playing hard will get you 5 or 6 pets, to an event where you struggle to get even one pet. Rewards are not 'luck' drops, and shouldn't be. Lucky drops should be just something fun that cheers us and makes the game fun. Creating pets and then making them available ONLY to members who DSO has chosen to give a better drop ratio to is crap.

As for having the event more often than once a year, why bother? Most of us have used up an entire year's worth of realm fragments trying to get the pets in THIS event-- we have nothing left with which to enjoy the circus if it comes around again.

To put it simply, the event was great except for the fiasco with the pet part drop rates being SO variable. DSO claims to want to reward those who play and work hard in the game-- leaving the farming of pets down to pure luck, and then manipulating that luck so that there is a possibility of getting NO parts is ROTTEN policy.

And for those insisting that YOU farmed all the pet parts in two hours of casual play, you only prove my point. The algorithm set for 'luck' should not result in some getting all pets easily, and others using every last resource and getting nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.