Development Team Letter - CLASS BALANCING

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by DSO Production Team, Nov 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

300%
    Because PS deals more damage than EA in the overall usage of the concentration pool.
    Gwenfara's shortbow is a joke ... compare it with a Hoaxbow with higher base attack speed and no bonus buff (q7) at all.
    Q7 Hoaxbow is a joke too (opposite of Gwenfara's shortbow) ... it has bonus/buff that is simply game breaking in PvP. Rangers who are using it in PvP will disagree saying "but you have to hit something with the net so you can use the buff ... and that is almost impossible" ... of course that is not true you don't have to hit a player you can spam the net on minions or even constantly on turrets in 6v6 ... and you can have constant buff.
    In conclusion:
    Tanks are immortal even without healing ... no other class can kill immortals. Best chance of killing immortal has a ranger with broken q7 hoaxbow (tadaaa nullifying one broken thing with another broken thing) ... and even in that case it is a matter of luck.

thouvou000 likes this.
  2. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Imo health regenerations have to be removed or at least reworked in pvp.Its getting ridiculous already.We have turned back to the era when it took 5-6 players to kill a 1handed warrior.

3. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

EA 500%; PS 300%.

Remove EA from pvp, then. Nobody uses it.

Hoaxbow does not allow the shield. Gwenfara yes. Big difference.
    Because gwenfara has great damage compared to other 1H weapons. And you can reach the same defense as a war.
    Yes, q7 is very strong and makes every other option weak. The net is slow, but if it hits you have won.

Remove dk.

4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

I suppose you have not played at high level nor you are high level dk or you would know that when level 45 and level 50 were the max level of the game the warriors did not even need the healing to delete people in the arena and now with the healing the boosts in the hp they have become godlike. If you are a really strong warrior you would know how strong they really are even without healing. healing makes them like immortal and the more they play they game the more hp runes they get and so the more unkillable they will come. healing should be reworked in pvp, its too good as it is. What you do is either ignorance or an effort to persuade us that dks are not op as they are, which 99% of the others classes out there know that its not true at all. im talking about pvp of course.

P.S: and guess what. im both a dk and ranger player so i know what both can do and what they cannot and i dont just judge from how other dks do against me, so im pretty objective here. i dont know about you though

5. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Maybe the healing should be a fixed number rather than a percentage of your total life points.

6. DBS-Flamelurker

I refresh your memory:

I never said that the war is not strong in pvp.
    That said, the current present is lv 55. Not 45-50.
    Needless to make comparisons, in the past Ranger had no EA and 2H bow.

7. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Buddy, the dks is not just a number 1. the difference in power from the second is way too big and now that premium players dks are using the reworked cube set, they get more dmg and way more hp. have you even played against almost full royal full gold lined items and cube set dks? if you have not or you are not then you dont know what they can do. You said dks without healing is like removing the class and im telling you there that we are in the same situation as we were back on level 45 and level 50 when dks were almost unkillable without even healing this much as they do now.

8. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

2 hand dk are at disadvantage against those ibrid dps-tank 1h dkw, just like the other classes

9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Endless discussion going on here, mainly between the same few people. Perhaps it s time to conclude?

My opinion anyways, in pve, mages should be buffed. Ice sphere should be reworked drastically. So should meteor and destruction, cause the amount of damage dealt/amount of time, is often less effective then using the broken ice sphere.

As for pvp, wel...
    I've only seen one other person say it before and i m going to repeat it. Player stats in pvp should (either entirely or partially) be separated from pve stats. Nowadays we re able to either ridiculously increase our damage, or ridiculously increase our defenses. That, imo, has ruined pvp even more then it was a few years ago. How to solve this problem? Well, these are my suggestions, if you dont like it, come up with other ideas.
    - Set up limits. Max amount of hp, damage, armor whatever.... (i know, this is really plain, there s probably a better option.)
    - Rework pvp stats based on the average of all participants in a battle. This way a player with extreme amounts of damage, will get nerfed, still have the highest amount of damage, but without it being so ridiculous that no one can get near. A player with extreme amounts of hp, will lose some hp, still have most hp, but not so much that he becomes unkillable. In general, everyones build will be forced away from the extremes (glass canon, tank) and forced towards a more balanced build. The result will be no more 1 shot kills, no more 20 hit-still not dead dks, and then pvp will require much more of a persons actual skill.
    Also, this way, farming in pve still makes you stronger in pvp, and it wont make investing in your char completely useless.
    - Rework the pvp system so that players have separate pvp stats. This way the ridiculous extremes from pve wont affect pvp at all. Perhaps every player should only have his base stats, together with his skills, and invested pvp skillpoints. Or make a separate tab (the one when opening inventory, where you see the items you are carrying/using). In this tab you can equip items only for pvp. These items can only be obtained through the pvp system, maybe as reward for quests (more pvp quests, yeay!) or be bought with badges of honor.

Now there s probably gonna be people opposing these ideas. So if one of these would be implemented, it could be done with 1 new arena type, while leaving the others (or some of the others) the way they are. This way it s popularity can be tested, and people can get used to a new type of pvp.

well, that s it. You dont like it, dont tare down my ideas, but come up with something else that might work, or add something that i may have forgot.

cheers

10. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

I don't think you got the major point I made about EA.
    The EA's strength and high burst dmg potential lies in its explosion that deals dmg on already broken (-85%)armor. But here's the thing, many DKs nowadays aim for 80%armor after break, which is usually reached by using 3/4 or 4/4 armor% pauldrons and 2/2 torso.
    An example: With gwenfara I can go up to 21k dmg in arena. Combined with x4.7 crit dmg it results in a 14-15k hit vs a highend dk (80%armor after break, 150khp /3 block reduction). 15k dmg is healed away in 5 seconds.
    You dont benefit from EA at all anymore, because the talent 5 effect is becoming useless. You could also just use precision shot. And then we're back at lvl 40/45 where dks where nearly unkillable for rangers due to the lack of an armor break skill.

Yes of course a ranger can go for 80%armor after break too. But that's where healing is the major game changer. The dk will kill you eventually, because he will be able to boost his ehp with healing to an amount no ranger/mage can possibly reach.

/e: and now imagine how a mage with no burst dmg skills at all will feel about this

rcch likes this.
  11. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Its a start.As it is right now, the entire dmg dealt to the warrior is being healed back within seconds.If you manage to get him under 33% (it has to be a miracle for something like this to be achieved) then the supranatural regeneration will start and heal him back to 100%.The dev team should remove the supranatural regeneration, add a 20-30s cooldown to the battle frenzy ...or do something already lol.The situation is getting out of hand.

We love it xD jk...yes we have to rely on q8-q7 spam and do 5-10k dmg which gets healed back in seconds.Without any debuffing skills (like singularity - but singularity is a joke now...its too easy to escape from it that makes it completely inneficient when fightning) theres no way in hell for a mage to beat a 1hand warrior.

The best dmg dealing skills are a joke for the mage when it comes for PvP.Many people complain that mages spam q8 and q7 but im pretty sure they dont know how useless lightning and frozen sphere are.Whats left to attack with? Spam magic misile cuz its the only decent skill remaining but that will also be called spamming...Why do we need to spam? Because BP ...

12. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

I just want to make some points clear there..

1)
    If you look carefully, when q7 buff is not active, all he does is spamming green arrows, interrupted by an EA every ~58* conc.

2) Rangers can't spam Explosive Arrows, unless they're using q7 set.

3) Rangers can't spam Hunting Traps, unless they're using Emilia's unique.

4) Spamming Blade Dance means "no more conc." unless you use Adrenaline (that would be kinda wasted if you're not being stunned or burned/slowed in the meanwhile).

5) If you still have doubts, Blade Dance doesn't make you immune from damage, since you can be killed on the landind spot before the animation ends.

EA
    375% dmg (500% on marked enemies) - 66 conc
    Can be seen like
    Direct Hit 125% dmg (250% on marked enemies) - 33 conc
    Explosion 250% dmg - 33 conc

SMASH
    240% dmg - 20 rage

But IMHO that's somewhat "balanced" by Armor Break on EA and the Meele Range of SMASH.

About mages... BP should rework them carefully, since giving them better skills/items to be able to compete like DKs and RAs at high PvP, would make them stronger then the other classes at medium PvP (like ppl with 25k hp, 60% armor and 40-50% resistances).

I'm assuming he uses some runes to lower skills' concentration cost

13. DBS-Flamelurker

;)

1: And so? But he can kill Mortis with greens.

2: But Q7 exists, so it can. Not even the mage can spam Fireball without Q7 in pvp.

3: Same reasoning as setQ7...

4: The problem is not spam. If you dive and adrenaline are not ready, you can use Blade Dance. This gives the Ranger a great ability to escape.

5: I reach your Ranger?

Use Blade Dance.

Dodge + marking.

Immune at startup, not at the end. Otherwise it would be OP ... lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash vs EA, really?

You can compare in pve, but not in pvp.

Smash sucks respect EA, in pvp.

- According to your reasoning, Mago would have the best attack of the game:

Magic Missile:

100% damage.

+5 mana.

Range.

Better than EA ... lol

- On the Magician I agree.

14. Haniball

Haniball Forum Apprentice

Set the skill on the hunting net to have 40% chance of no cooldown and you can use q7 set very often.

15. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

*coff
    coff*

--------------------------

It should show you that Q7 set is broken for PvE, not Ranger class.

Who said the opposite?

Again, your mistake. Hunting Trap has cooldown, a conc cost (that is 0 if talented) and doesn't stun (unless you put 5 talents on it). Emilia's unique allow a ranger to use Hunting trap every 1-3 seconds (rounded), depending on his CD runes.
    Conclusion, Emilia's unique is very strong in certain conditions.
    Wich one needs to be reworked? Hunting Trap or Royal Shoulders of HT?

It's not immunity. When you use BD you are no longer in the initial point.
    I know the animation is "slow" and may be confusing, but, wth, I'm getting tired of explaining this to everybody.

Not if your enemy is a Dwarf.

Nope, I just wrote why you made a mistake "comparing" EA and Smash, when they are two balanced skills (talking about their concept).

-----------------------

Anyway, in the previous post I was not referring to you in particular.
    Oh, and throwing random "lol"s in your post doesn't make them more truthful:D

-------------------------------------

I know how to set my RA.
    Anyway, it looks like you didn't get the point.
    Even if you use 5points talent on Net, you can't spam EAs (max 4 = two plus two after Adrenaline), while Q7 set allows you to do it.
    Wich means Q7 set, combined with EA is too strong. And that means: if you (BP) have to rework something, it'd better Q7 set, not EA.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  16. DBS-Flamelurker

Without item skill, pve (map and boss):
    1 Dwarf; War
    2 Ranger; Mage

pvp:
    1 War; Ranger
    2 Dwarf; Mage.

War is the best, followed by Ranger and Dwarf, last Mage.

With item skill, pve (map and boss):
    1 Ranger
    2 Dwarf; War
    3 Mage

pvp:
    1 War
    2 Ranger
    3 Mage; Dwarf

War is the best class in the "clean" game, Mage the worst.
    Buff Mage is the solution, not nerf War. If war is nerfed, Ranger must also be nerfed, or it will be the best.
    Of course, what makes it powerful, in pve, is setQ7. And Emylia pauldrons too strong against war (if healing is removed).
    My interventions are an invitation to ask for upgrades for the classes that have problems, without asking nerf (no, not even for Ranger)

In any case, I believe item that modify cooldown times or change the structure of a character should never have been created.
    EA is powerful, but balanced with low concentration recovery. Q7 makes this factor irrelevant, giving the Ranger a cannon.
    In a game where the cooldown are fundamental for balance, changing them too much will inevitably end up creating imbalances.

Well, I stop here.

17. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Is so simple they just need to make arena maps a special nerfed map like the regular ones when you enter in infernal mode, so they apply all nerf for each class but only on arena maps.
    Is similar with your idea but they don't need to put in game special items like in the new event that there can be used only on pve.
    They already start to put special items that you can use only on pve and for me this is a wrong and complicated approach when they can adjust the arena from arena maps properties sliders for each class.
    Also they can adjust for each type of arena so that you can have different experience regarding the type of arena.
    They are payed for nothing if i was the owner of company i will have fired them for incompetence.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  18. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Could the DEV team give us an ETA on the rebalance and PvP rework? 2 months passed from the new year and still nothing about this. Patch 207 has also 0 tweaks meant to improve the balance and PvP. It took you 3-4 days to alter/fix the stats of the DTU adornment and the rune that comes with it and after 1 year + you could not retweak the q4/q7 sets for mages or the health regenerations in PvP?

It looks like you guys do this on purpose and dont even plan on working on rebalance and PvP issues.

19. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

First they should make a ban wave to expel this bots and cheaters from game

[video removed]

After that they can make the ajustements.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  20. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Can you translate the video? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.