Development Team Letter - CLASS BALANCING

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by DSO Production Team, Nov 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You've been very 'optimistic" about upcoming changes lately. History doesn't always support the optimism, but your point is well made.

EhtovK likes this.
  2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

If we calm down and don't freak out here, this crap or worse will make to test server, and live server. The only way to have the rethink something is to freak out. They have proven this many times. And even when we do, they still do whatever they want) so I wouldn't take those feedback threads any serious.

Again, when its on test server, it's LATE! they will never change it. Tune a little, yes, but any drastic changes will never happen. That would be another lost year until they change it all over again. So we do need to demand info and freak out if we don't agree with the direction.

Finally, I don't read their message the way you read it. And listening to that Haruki guy, it doesn't seem you are right about a ton of those skills.

EhtovK and Fugnuts like this.
  3. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I think i will put my ideas on creative corner and after i finish that i will take a brake because this game is moving in a direction that i dont like and also i cant see a real solutions for bots and exploits because that ban wave was a big joke and exploiters has not been banned just some bot users.Also as i can see they will try to cover the trace of bots making that sell/craft available in every map so the game will die like Seafight and Darkorbit.

More than that i think that i,m to old for this game when i see kids like Jesse leafing when he read chat instead of giving answer or maybe the team that develop this game are amateurs and that explain why they implement just few things form creative section and they find bad solution when they can find much better solution on all threads.
    As i can see they dont have the resources to develop stuff but they try to make big changes when the should try to search more and implement stuff from creative corner like bags for cores ,99999 for essences, karabosa belt in drop, moonstone rune craft, solid cores assigned to one boss, drop for augment cores or put the augment cores on daily,exchanging cores, mass combining gems, share items in chat, account transfer between servers and so many small changes that can make our life better, they have started nice , almost every patch they have bring some suggestion from creative corner but they have stop.

So i ask myself , they will do something good with this game, if so , when?> if they came after half year after they told us about balance only with few sketches where you can see the greedy they have and where our money will go next year.It is worth to play this so called free to play game where i invest a subscription every month plus a bag of andermant and with this money i can buy every month every new game that is on top of the list on steam, and why to continue if i see a team of amateurs that struggle to squeeze more money from you instead of develop a beautiful game that we could support buying skins and pets like in Poe.

For me this ban wave show me that they are not capable to track and punish players that have used exploits and bots more than 3 weeks ago and that is bad very bad. Also show me that Seafigt and Darkorbit are dead and that is because BP is too greedy and streamers that want to stream this game are not helped and also they cant explain why this game is pay to win.You have an example at POe why dont you try to assimilate that idea, you have players that help you with ideas why dont you read them and implement them all?
    You think more maps and content will give you more time to do what? it will take no more than two weeks untill q10 will be like q1 q2 and so on nothing special nothing worth to grind.Scaling dungeons, shrines and many of your ideas are trash and no one use them now. Give us solid cores and augment cores to farm , i think always when you implement our ideas it was better than yours, things like
    currency bag , mouse cursor, new way to rafine sapphires,mystic cube update and many others maybe you dont win money with them but you win players and that is also money.
    I have almost stop play this game, i love my time spent with my guild on ts but i dont have the pleasure to play this game anymore, i cant see a future for this at list not in the way i would like to see.Maybe i,m wrong or is just a bad feeling but i think this game has taken a wrong path and it will follow the decline.There is already empty servers what you need more to wake up?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    semen470 likes this.
  4. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

i agree. There is nothing we can do anymore, neither freaking out loud. They don't care about pvp while for a lot of us is the main goal of pve farming. We were waiting for balacnement but only a greater "unbalancement" is coming, both for pve and pvp. It is time for another pause from this game, watching if something will change

semen470 likes this.
  5. Krugslayer

Krugslayer Forum Apprentice

+1

I'm far from panic but honestly I'm a little bit disappointed with this latest statement.
    Firstly I like the idea of adding new expansion without increasing the maximum level to 60. I also like the ideas about events, group talents, etc. Unfortunately I really can't see much infos about... class rebalancing. Yup, this was supposed to be an info about class rebalancing while... I can't see anything except 'will add a completely new tree of talents and perks that you can use depending on the class you play'. And that's all, no details.
    I was expecting something like 'we will nerf DK by nerfing...' or 'Spellweavers will be boosted by...' or 'Dwarfs will now benefit from critical hits because...'. But still nothing.
    I am also disappointed by no infos about new (melee?) class. Guys, this class should be added to this game YEARS AGO, seriously...
    However I'm quite optimistic. At least it looks like they are really trying to make this game better by adding new stuff. Will it really make this game better? We will see.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  6. flodder

flodder Regular

Are you going to change the skills in crit for SM? I want to craft a new weapon because I accidentally melted my weapon with 4 yellow lines. All I see in those weapons are Crit hit or crit dmg% So no dwarf can craft a weapon with increaed damage on this item?

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

The other lines are still there. You just need a bit of luck. And, even if they did change the mech to incorporate crit and crit damage, %IDotI would still be better.

8. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The news announced can lead to some impressive scenarios.
    I wonder how dev could manage and balace a scenario in which SWs will have infinite mana with zero cooldown on skills like destruction or meteor and/or RAs/DKs with zero cooldown on Q7 buff enablers.
    The new skill on dwarf (without any other addiction) will basically give to those classes infinite resource and zero cooldown on skills with impressive dmg output... PvE was already a bit too easy to my expectations and I was looking for more challenges in group, but that skill will require a whole new difficult.
    The other "sad" side is that skill will turn SMs into rampant rabbits which isn't exactly what I was looking for my "full support" SM

semen470 likes this.
  9. flodder

flodder Regular

I know you want to help, I have farmed for 2 months for those items and no drops! I have no problem with my SW. you also know that a dwarf does not play with crit! Luck has nothing to do with this and for once I want an answer from a Dev!

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Look through the posts in this thread and tell me the last time a Dev responded.

My point was that, even if they did fix the SM class to use crit, a weapon with crit damage would still be sub-optimal. That makes your question "Are you going to change the skills in crit for SM?" irrelevant to your issue of crit damage being more common.

Finally, yes, it is all a matter of luck. It's been over three weeks since I've seen an improved or magic item with a 76% or higher line, but I know others who are still getting very nice drops.

11. -metzelmaschine-

-metzelmaschine- Forum Greenhorn

I use it for Q1 circle fatal/infernal, it pretty much oneshots everything... but my dmg numbers glitch out after i use it :oops:

12. heror

heror Forum Baron

And thats the only usable place for it , so ye you still ahve other 8 qs for leaderboards ,,, gg

13. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

The group skill for mages is a joke...yes, there might be some better skills for SWs (doubt it though) when it comes to groups but if BP really wants to go ahead with the frost nova skill then at least make the freeze duration 2-3 sec on every difficulty mode and not 0.00000001s.It will still be crap but at least it will have a bit of use.Making it freeze the npcs for 0.0000001 sec will make it completely useless and no one will assign points on it. What is the point of even adding skills that no one would use because they are useless?

Id say you rethink this frost nova skill and make it give dmg/defense/hp for a short period of time instead of nothing.It gives exactly nothing right now and it will require like 25 points ...25 points for nothing.At least if u want us to spend 25 points on it, make the skill be worthy of those 25 points.

Also these new group abilities will be very important when groups are being made and will most likely decide if a class will be invited or not. We might get like 10 of these skills and the way i see it, 1st skill for mages has "NO GROUP INVITE" written all over it.Lets see the other 9 left.

14. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

You should also turn the sight on the other side and think it this way: who would be the one that will benefit the most out of the new skills given to the other classes?
    Would you prefer in you group a second dwarf which will basically not benefit by any of the other skills given that there will hardly be the need of a second SM in the group when can have a SW that can spam infinite destructions or another RAs that can spam infinite EA?
    We still know very little on how those skills will interact but I would focus a bit more on how all the classes could benefit from them.

15. heror

heror Forum Baron

Really easy answer ill just inv a crit dwarf from my guild . izi his q7 set makes his heavy shot or smt fire fastger with 150 % increased dmg.,.. so 1 cast = 310 % dmg or smt . He can do this 3 times while im doing 1 destruction( 750....... 3x310 is a lot more than 750......._.... if my destruction does not crit the first cast of the 3 will outdamage me, since each one of these can crit so the maximu dps is 2x 3 x310 for mage 2x750... so why are we even comparing. And arguments like critdwarfs being meme are for unexperienced people. Or another ranger with perma q7 spam ye ,,,,, people will definitelyyyyyyy take mages.... do the math first then speak

16. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Do you really believe BP will allow this? Most likely the skill for SM will have a long CD and a short duration allowing the others from the party to barely spam 2-3 of those skills (kinda like q7 for rangers or dwarfs).

Even if it was possible for a "infinite spam " with destruction and EA, the animation for the destruction is long as hell.A ranger will shoot 4-5 EA by the time u shoot a destruction so it will be best to have 2 rangers instead of a SW and a ranger.

You are right however when u say that we dont know much about these skills , but with the informations that we got so far, it sure looks like SWs will be skipping group modes a lot in the future and not because they want to.

SW is a ranged class...yet according to BP's logic, to help the group with my frost nova group skill, i will have to leave the position from where im attacking with lightning/ice sphere, get behind the boss, use frost nova so that we all get a 0.00001s stun, then ill have to get back to a safe spot and continue attacking..then repeat....Seriously?!

Make the ranged classes group skills based on ranged skills and not on close range skills...magic missile, lightning strike, meteor, destruction, chain lightning, fireball and so on..these are the skills that BP should focus on when it comes to SWs group skills...

17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What are you people talking about?
    We have been given a teaser ... call it a movie trailer if you like ... which explains nothing and gives no information for the upcoming skill/talent changes. And we (using "we" instead of "you" just to point out that I have info on the matter as much as you do) are pretending to know everything. The fact is we don't know anything ... so how can we talk about something we don't know? Movie trailers are often misleading ... they are giving you no answer on the movie's plot and story line. Seeing a good trailer can make you disappointed after actually watching the movie ... and vice versa ... you can be so amazed after watching the movie for which you have seen a bad trailer.
    This teaser tells nothing about the contents.
    It reminds me of Master Tang and the "significance".

You are talking about one talent over and over again ... but have you actually paid attention on the Group Tab?
    Why would there be a Group Tab if there would be only one talent?
    There will be talents ... and you have to invest points in them. if you don't like the talent you don't have to spend points on that talent ... simple as that. Spend them elsewhere ... on another talent.
    [​IMG]

For me ... personally ... group talents are important as much as the last year's snow is important to me.

18. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

"Frost Nova
    [​IMG]
    What do you do when a massive horde of enemies comes bearing down on you? With this group talent each group member that is within range of your Frost Nova, will also cast a frost explosion that deals additional ice damage. This is a great way to expand your reach as a mid-ranged Spellweaver and to add a bit of your magical power to the actions of your fellow group members!"

If this info is misleading then someone should delete it.How can u say that we have no informations and that it explains nothing when it is the opposite? The description for the skill is there, written by admins of this forum and not by a random dude.We are talking about this skill and how useless it is.

I wonder if you would be so relaxed if they wouldve said that EA will be nerfed by 100%..Would u suggest that everyone relaxs and wait for the patch to be applied or show your concerns about the upcoming update?^^

This is what im doing here.Im concerned about the fact that out of 9 group skills, 1 of them is pure crap based on the descriptions provided by the admins.This was supposed to be a balance attempt and it looks like the class that was the weakest in pve for the past years is getting "awesome" skills...At the first glance this new "rebalance" thing is going in the same direction as the current balance .... All classes get goodies, mages get crap..we've seen this for the past year.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

If they put long cooldown on that skill (as it will probably be), that skill ain't that good to prefer a dwarfs over any other class, or, at the very least, it won't change much the personal preferences on the party composition.
    I expect that other changements will have a way greater impact than those skills.

Random numbers spammed everywhere.
    You totally ignore the activation time from SMs Q7 and a lot other factors but whatever, it's a pointless discussion since I'm used to talk only when I see real things in action and most of all when it's done with someone that isn't just screaming at the moon.

20. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Point taken, it's not that I'm against having the wisdom tree pretty much re-done from scratch, or having anything added, I actually appreciate the fact that the game is still being developed to this degree, just consider my ramble a piece of "early feedback" based on what we've seen, maybe I'm being naive, but I think that if they get to read it before the changes get more settled and added into TS they can be tweaked or given a second thought. Also, I remember that many of us have complained about the game lacking "diversity", hence, I don't see the bright side on, let's say, having 3-5 group oriented talents/effects if everyone will be using the exact same one or two because the others are manure, ideally, this teaser should've been exciting and provide us all with a sense that things will get reworked for the better, but I'm sorry, I personally feel more concerned than anything just by the teaser, even if misleading.

One of my friends says: "Be pessimistic, so that things can only go 2 different paths, you either end up being right, or you're in for nice surprises", this time around I truly hope you both are right and the teaser was just chosen poorly, we'll see I guess.

Dragonnns likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.