Difference between low and high lvl items?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by XenaGirl90, Apr 27, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

So people keep saying that it matters for my characters what level my armour and weapons are but i don't see how this matters except the armour looks different :\ but the stats even on low level items can be higher so is that the only difference is the appearace changing as it levels?.

2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Yes, it is only the looks.
    However, some level 43-45 items can have slightly better stats than upgraded lower level items.

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

This is partially correct. The base stats for all items increase by level. There are also gaps in the levels that items drop at. For example; since you are a Ranger, there is no level 38 short bow. There is a 37, 40, 43, and 45 level bow. Each can be upgraded with GOP to make the base damage equivalent to the next level. Other items have similar gaps just at different levels. If you look at the Wiki under armor and weapons you can pick see the base stat changes and the level gaps.

Second, each level item has a window with min and max value it can have for enchants. The higher the level the higher that window goes. You will never find a level 7 ring with 25 damage on a line, and you will never find a level 45 ring with 7 damage on a line. Percentage based enchants are an exception to this level restriction and there is a hard break between level 42 and 43 with level 43-45 items having a higher possibility than items 1-42. It does not mean that it will be higher, it just means it can have a higher max value.

It is possible to have 2 items that are close in level and the lower level item has a higher number on it because these "windows" overlap with items that are close in level. But the more the items are separated by level the less likely it is that the lowest will have higher stats per line.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

So does it effect the drop in other areas of the map if i wear lower level armour? because i do find i drop terrible level stuff even in Jahofrum, i have a mage and DK too but i haven't been playing them, i really like my ranger the most.

5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

The level of items dropped in a map is based on the level of the map, has nothing to do with what you are wearing. If it did I would run around NAKED:eek::D

Trailboss1 and thedarkestlight like this.
  6. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

Haha good i'm glad it doesn't, don't know why i'm dropping terrible stuff then, if not anything there, same in the Iron Forest, i don't think they drop anything.

7. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I could be wrong but I can not remember finding and extrodanary items in wilderness maps. Maybe they drop but just not for me. If your over level 30 may I suggest farming grimmerstone with people that are your level or lower. If someone is a level higher but lower than 40 I think you still could be good.

If you can not get a group maybe kill the archer there he is soloable.

8. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

I'm level 34 and how can i farm Grimmagstone when it's not there any more? it's just Swierdfield Pastures

9. MegaNuker

Goto Watery grave and click on the arrow to PW. It will be on the left side.

Jarlshofn -> Watery Grave

10. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

iron forest,torstrond,never good drops,hognis mine=some good gems n unique,external watch same,and dont waste time in misty ridge or any andrakash maps either,theres nothing there but quests..PW halls of the dead is your best bet..

and i'll join u,what a sight that would be hahaha :D

11. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

I think i have to do all he other quests in Iron Village before all the stuff is unlocked in Watery Grave, will definitely get on that when i got enough adermant to expand my inventory.

--MERGED--

Lol it would be a weird sight though, pixel bodies always are

Last edited by moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  12. MegaNuker

Watery Grave is unlocked at level 30.

13. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

I mean Grimmerstone i don't see it in Water Grave yet so i imagine i have to do the other stuff from Iron Village first.

14. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

PW's are accessed through the exit from Watery Grave next to Ammon. I think it says Ocean of Bones but don't remember for sure.

15. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

Grimmagstone is a PW map.You can enter watery grave through jarlshofn and go to Grimmagstone through the portal in watery grave.

--MERGED--

Ocean of bones is m1.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  16. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

No... it's not there yet, the quests aren't unlocked yet ether so i imagine you have to finish all the areas for Iron Village before continuing anything any where else so everything else won't be unlocked ether.

17. MegaNuker

Simply talk to Captain Reed in Jarlshofn. Then you will get the quest line started.

18. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Ya, meant the exit arrow was labeled OOB, but it brings the map up to go to PW's.

19. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Sorry BigPapa, but that is incorrect...I get many lvl 45 rings with 7 damage and the lowest i have ever got was 5 damage!!!
    I still haven't found 1 item better than the ones i already have (since R139) and what i have is pretty lame/weak and the new gear is even worse.

My hopes relay on the unique ones, but in 3 years still no Keen set or PW cloak...so now i only play casual, until something better comes along (hope it will be released at the end this year).

20. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

Okie i'll talk to Captain Reed once i'm done expanding my inventory. I agree with you BoD there is some crap armour, the best you can probs get is from events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.