Discussion about the "fixed" Daily deal exploit

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Diatron, Feb 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semen470

semen470 Padavan

And what consequences will BP take from this selfmade issue ?
    Where was the Q&A when this Implementation was going online ?
    What will be done to avoid exploits like these, what will be done to safe the players in future from this kinda BS ?

2. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

oh! gotcha!
    I found how to temporary fix the daily-quests-bug against those cheaters :cool:
    just do not play pvp until they fix something.
    If you do not play pvp, you will not meet them :cool:
    A falling tree makes more noise than a growing forest

3. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Just to make things clear for those who have seen the daily deal exploit video part 1 and part 2.
    In the right part of the video it says "a russian support bug/lag account" is required to abuse the exploit. This is not true (probably just a funny lie to make more money with these "accounts" that are being sold.
    I just recreated the exploit without any bugged support accounts, just with my own (risking a ban here but well I dont care atm)

Recreated the daily deal exploit (first reward of today) thrice in a row on my unplayed little dwarf Tyrion:

[content removed]

When I get the chance to talk to a dev guy directly via fb/ingame I will share how to do it. Right now, I don't trust any supporters (be it german, italy, russian, bulgarian). In every country there are some of them involved and knew about this / spread it.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    bLaind likes this.
  4. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

You, who tried it as a curiosity, maybe will be the first to get banned. Who has used it and still uses it to defraud bp and all of us honest users will certainly stay unpunished. I do not trust them at all when they say that some ban will happen soon. By now I have learned the refrain of these people greedy for money and lacking in dignity.

semen470 and GoulishNightmares like this.
  5. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

As I said, I know I risk a ban here, but right now I don't care too much.
    I wonder though why my pictures were removed? They didn't show any hints how to do it. They were just to prove that I know what I am talking about and not just spreading fake news/unproven facts...

GoulishNightmares likes this.

6. Your photos just verify the bug is real. BP wants there to be some doubt from some so that they can still perhaps save some face. Bp really needs to address this quickly or they WILL lose many active players...AND MONEY

7. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Meanwhile you guys are taking your time. Be sure that my deluxe is not renewed and andermant purchases are not made. To me the game is ruined at the moment. When you fix it let us know (also via a news letter because we will not lurk around here everyday ).

I hope you guys realise that your balance fixing is worth of nothing when there is hundreds players with the best gems and runes available. So let's see. Maybe in the future is still worth to play PvP. Time will tell.

Many of my friends made new account in Heredur. New interesting class has risen.
    Immortal Dragon Knight with all full gems and runes :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  8. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

This bug is apparently around for quite a while now (4months if not more).You guys sure are paying attention its seems. 4 months of paying attention without fixing or adressing this issue. What about some punishments for the exploiters like removing all the gems/runes that they acquired through this?

Looks like you guys are more concerned about removing pics of those who brag about gaining maxed gems and runes for free instead of taking any actions against them.Rumor has it that this bug is still not fixed...and there are lots of video showing people how to do it on youtube and other media.

The community thanks you for the great job that you are doing so far :)

9. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

These are well different things.

Mods could remove a pic - even if it seems like a silly retaliation to us - but they have no role and no possibility to interact with the bug fixing.

Devs should do bug fixing, but they clearly don't want or don't know how to do it.

But you shouldn't complain if mods here remove a pic. On the italian forum discussions like this are closed after a few posts. There the mods even stifle the freedom of speech and the sacrosanct right to complain of such atrocities.

The real question should be: does still exist some dev in flesh and bone behind this game?? Do they still actively work on it? Do they really have intention to do what they announced so long ago (class rebalance, new expansion, new skills, bla bla)? Or is it that some guy is called just time by time to rewamp always the same events in order to prolong the agony?

If they can't fix a so striking and shameful bug after months that it is on the scene, how they could ever develop and release something much bigger than it??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    semen470 and Mal3ficent like this.
  10. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Do you not realize that forum mods can only enforce forum rules and not in game rules? Why blame them for something that they have absolutely no control over?

11. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

Random discussion around the dinner table recently addressed this issue-- there is a reason that counterfeit money making is such a serious crime. Worse for me than the knowledge that some players have cheated their way to omnipotence is the recognition that they skew the numbers for DSO in such a way that accurate pricing/value cannot be determined for items. I can explain that I can't afford to pay 2k draken for one low level rune, but when DSO checks the data, they will obviously see that plenty of purchases for such runes exist (90% by cheaters running scripts, for example).

Impossible to address class balance when a portion of the data is skewed as well by ominipotent toons who cheated to get that way. I'm no programmer, I have no idea how well DSO can examine what is happening in game. But I do understand that when a script creates an account with unlimited anders/drakens/clovers etc etc.... the false economy that creates is doomed to failure. Even if it IS just a pixel economy.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  12. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

The problem with this exploit is that the only way to deal with it is to perma ban all accounts that have used it no matter for what purpose and i doubt this will happen. With the piniata bug you could have all stones royal and if you bought or had a sufficient amount of andermants you could have full jester runes so the solution was take away all the stones/runes from accounts that have used the bug and ban for some time but many ppl came back from this because they had their equipment, drakens other resources. Now this exploit is different :DDDDDD it refers to EVERYTHING crafting / drakens / stones / runes / mounts / pets ( dont know if you can bug andermants if you have premium account ) so basically if they want to implement a solution based on BP's behaviour on Piniata bug they would have to take away EVERYTHING from chars so they can perma ban all as well because as you could recover from removing stones you wont be able to get back when you lose everything. Now remeber that at the same time theres a problem with bots :DDD every ranking is full of bots that farm only mobs on every map :D So now calculate how many ppl they would have to perma ban and how much money they would lose :D Thats the reason why it takes over 4 mnths now and still no solution. At least thats what i think. I bet that if there would be a bug/expoit with andermants and you could get them for free time and time and time again the problem would be fixed in a matter of days if not hours :D
    Im an old player ive witnessed many bugs/exploits etc but this is the first time that this game truelly looks like a joke for me of course :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  13. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Btw the bug is still possible from what i learned. So no fixed.

14. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

yes it is wigger confirmed it and ive seen a video on yt dated yesterday or 20th with the use of the exploit :D

Hetsunien likes this.
  15. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

When the botters and exploiters finally do get hit, the rage and outcry on the forums and social media will be delicious. I'm sure I will have an ample supply of salt for my popcorn while I sit back and enjoy the show. I've been called overly optimistic before, but not without good reason. All the "worst of the worst" cheaters in the past have been caught and punished, so I still maintain my hopeful outlook that this latest wave of cheaters will get what's coming to them too.

I simply hope that when/if they get around to banning them, that they also are removed from the rankings too. Then, we can compare before and after shots of the top slots on the leaderboards to see who was a dirty, rotten, no good cheat. :D

EDIT:
    Just saw the news about the next bot ban... Break out the popcorn! :D

This also renews my hope that, in due time, we will see the exploiters banned too.

Thank you BP.

semen470 and Shansurri like this.
  16. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

well, the tears maybe used to restore the aral lake

17. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I wish that they would reconsider the idea of publishing the names of the cheaters like many of us have asked for in the past... A wall of shame may just encourage everyone to play fair from now on.

The cheaters will make excuses as always, but it will make things interesting to hear the whining and crying again.

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The Wall of Shame!

Malinea likes this.
  19. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Well they will need to attach a PDF for that list, because here definitely will take aloooot of space :D

lol

20. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

If the bug is what I think it is, it has happened to just one of my toons periodically over the last several months without me intentionally doing anything. I'd be in a hurry to get the Daily Bonus and never noticed until the next day that something was odd. Since something is odd with DSO on a moderately regular basis, I didn't think much of it...well, until now.

I do hope the ban gets the right people. Until 207, I'm going slower and more carefully when getting my Daily! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.