Discussion on the new Goldern Helios Amulet

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by _Baragain_, May 1, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So lots of people are talking bad about the upcoming release, and I'm in the same boat as most of you. The changes are premature and should be much later in their timeline after they fix other issues related to PvP and flush out some of the systems that might make it more balanced.

But, one thing I am super excided for is the Golden Helios Amulet.
    [​IMG]

Some people may be less than impressed by it adding just one clover to the stack size, but if it works the way it is phrased, it is going to be an amazing item, if used right.

First, think of the Secret Lair chests in Infernal IV. They drop 5x stacks of 1 Clover. With +1 to each stack, they will drop 5x 2 Clover stacks for a total of drop of 10, effectively doubling them how many clovers you get from those chests. Unfortunately, drops like the ones you get from this event from the Crashers, the stacks of 3, would only go up to 4. This only effectively increases the drop by about 33%. It would also be less impactful on the clover drops from Goblins. In Infernal IV, the goblins drop a total of 14 clovers in two stacks (6x and 8x I think) so the individual goblins would only drop 16, which is only about 14% more. Even on Painful, where the goblins only drop 8, this would go up to 10, or a 25% increase.

So you can see that the amulet is most effective when used on things with single clover drops like Lair Chests and Protectors.

I'll also be curious to see how the amulet interacts with %Clover buffs like we have from this event. I'm expecting that the 100% applies to the +1, so in the case of the chests, a 5x 1 Clover chest would become 5x 4 Clovers... which would be amazing! But, I wouldn't be surprised if BP nerfed the 5x 1 clovers into 1x 5 clover. Then the amulet + the buff would only give 12 instead of 20. Even still... the potential of this amulet shows again.

My next prediction is that the +1 will apply to the Dailies or clovers gotten from progress bars (based on the fact that the 100% clover buff from this event affects these), so I can see people leaving a crafting daily till last and putting the amulet on, crafting, and then removing the amulet after they get their +1. Same principal with clovers from event progress bars; approach the clovers until one drop will get the clovers, put on amulet, get one more event drop, remove amulet after getting your +1 clover. If clovers drop from things like the upcoming Dragan chests, it would also be advisable to put on the amulet before opening those chests... etc.

This highlights how you don't need to wear this amulet 100% of the time when you are clover farming. In the case of chests, only put it on before opening the chest. If fighting a protector, especially in high difficulty, you may not have the time to switch, but against single monsters that drop clovers like the Crushers from this event, most strong players will likely be able to kill them from full HP with this amulet on with little difficulty.

Long story short, single clover drops, like those coming from chests or from Guardians will be effectively doubled, while large stacks will just get a small boost. Even still, it will be really helpful to keep the item around and put it on at key moments. Even just one or two extra clovers add up over time and make a big difference.

Now if only I can get one with good base stats... :p

2. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

I don't see the point on this amulet when with easter event buffs I did enough clovers to buy all Zumpe shop.
    First, clovers drop on the standard lair mode (no event running) is just ridiculous.
    Then they create trolls for events that give more clovers than doing entire lair, next step is creating the buff doing the quest and allow players to get all the shop in a single event.
    Where is the balance? Neither so little or too much, they can't do things just in a medium term?

3. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

Devs are gonna be like:
    - What if we stack up ALL the clovers drops in the final chest? So players Will have 5x clovers +1 and not 5x (1+1).
    - Sounds good! Let's patch it next week:cool:

Shansurri and Bubble like this.
  4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Stop supporting the bad ideas.

And if your trying to be facetious, that fails on the Devs. They'll take your comment as "good to go, the players like it" and we will be stuck with more "bad listed by players stuff" instead of getting good stuff.

Shansurri likes this.
  5. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Don't blame Hetsunien for the incompetence of the devs... Anyways if he likes the idea he have the right to say it.
    I think this item is not solving the real problem of the lairs, it's just a distraction.

Hetsunien likes this.
  6. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

There's no point on giving serious feedback if devs keep ignoring their own players.

7. _Baragain_

To be fair, I said it first:
    So glad you don't need it... at least other people will benefit, even if you don't.

8. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

Amulet is good but the way to get it is terrible. Only 5v5 TDM and FFA arena? BP must change this for all arenas.
    We have now 12h group arenas and is no way to play unbalanced TDM when this reset after 12h. On FFA other classes than ranger and DK don't have chance. Next unbalanced arena
    If Helios will start BP must give us other way to get progress

9. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I am afraid that this thread is an invitation for a nerf. Just my two cents Baragain.

Shansurri likes this.
  10. _Baragain_

If it happens, it happens, but I was simply offering my two cents prior to release. ;)

I really hope they leave it alone. Sure, I wish the unique values were better so the amulet would be more usable (Block rate? Really?), but as is, it is a really useful niche item that I'm looking forward to.