DK rage system really needs some work..

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bon2x03, May 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bon2x03

bon2x03 Forum Apprentice

Is it just me or being a DK is really limiting because of rage resource? I mean its not a bad idea since the game is unique from other games but building up 60 rage and using it for just 1 skill? I don't think that's a pretty way to spend your resource. I think it would be better if the rage cost is further reduced. All of the classes got resource right from the start and they regenerate it, but for DK? Well...rage cannot be regenerate isn't it? so at least lower the cost of rage per skill. What do you guys think?

2. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

DK gets rage fast from monster.
    There is not reason to change it.

3. Sulayman

Sulayman Forum Apprentice

Hi bon2x03,

I'm not sure what level you are at, but the Rage system was definitely a challenge when I was just starting. I realized later that this was created in consideration that DKs are going to have better tanking capabilities. Also, at higher levels, you get better attack speeds which lets you hit faster and gain rage quickly with rage attack and rageful swing.

In addition to this, you can gain rage from rage jump and furious battlecry, and then further down you can get the banner of war wherein you get to use skills without consuming rage. Isn't that exciting? You can smash as many times as you can for ~10 seconds.

You can search for DK videos on youtube to see how they manage their rage points, it will definitely help.

Regards,
    Sulay

4. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi bon2x03,

DK play style is different among other classes.
    For me, it is matter of mind set. You might thing that's not a pretty way to spend your resource.
    Unless you unlock all the skills & set up a condition on how that resource that is spent used efficiently & effective.

The same goes with all classes, eventually you will unlock DK full potential at end game level. At end game level you able to set skills combos in every possible condition to generate or spend Rage in better way.

For example..
    - Rage attack
    This skill kinda like useless in the beginning. But the capability to gain 10 Rage per hit & reduce all skills cool down when crit happened, are good when DK has fast attack speed & crit rate. Meaning Dk able to spam his high Rage consumption skills almost limitless.
    - Ragefull swing
    Very useful at the beginning. But the Rage generate so less.. But with the capability of bleeding effect.. it's kinda like doing double damage in 1 single hit. When the bleed happens, DK can use Charge skill that it's cool down refreshed instantly. Meaning DK able to do stun lock not not just 1 opponent, but to multiple opponents.
    - Iron brow
    Very useful at anytime. The first talent gain Rage & armor break, the second stun the opponent, the third talent is to cancel it cool down when crit hit happen. Meaning, again stun lock for single opponent with double damage because of armor break on opponent.
    So above just some example on how DK use his limited Rage in efficient way..

As for the effective part.. require a build to support the play style (sets of combos) and create the condition in the playfield to meet the expectation result.
    Such as..
    - Gather around group of mobs.. do Rage attack until Rage filled up to do Mighty Wild Swing that heals. Meanwhile Crit hit by Rage Attack also decrease the cool down of Mighty Wild Swing, that means DK capable of dishing out great damage to multiple opponents. Also stays alive on the spot.
    - Do Ragefull swing in some group of opponents, and do it to other group, in less than 4 seconds. Then do Charge to all of the opponents. If do it properly, Charge to all bleeding opponents, no cool down on Charge. So can Charge the opponents multiple time that stun lock them without a chance to harm the DK.

bon2x03 and Yogo like this.
  5. bon2x03

bon2x03 Forum Apprentice

Wow... your insights are very helpful guys as for my level my toon is only on her 28th so maybe I was speaking nonsense too early in the game. After reading your posts guys I kinda realized my mistake. Maybe I'm just not used to this kind of melee system, because I always forgot that I need rage to use some of my skills. But thanks a lot for the enlightenment and awesome explanations master DKs. ;)

Yogo likes this.
  6. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Just like Gun explained earlier on Rage is very important- absolutely crucial. Also, DKs in general are very powerful- it is an amazing, beautiful class that wrecks havoc on the maps and with careful use of skills and some crafted gear they can go solo absolutely anywhere- it is truly amazing class.

N.B. of course the Rangers are the best, the most beautiful, the most intelligent and the most everything ...but that's just a side note lol:) (kidding- just trying to bring some humour into the discussion ;))

bon2x03 likes this.
  7. bon2x03

bon2x03 Forum Apprentice

@Yogo yeah, I think its really interesting, although its not my first class to use. But I can say map where a bit easy to farm than my previous character (Ranger), well of course it depends on who plays it. I'm actually at home with melee player than other classes in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.