Do you agree with nerf for q7 set for rangers?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by owned87, Jul 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want back 3 seconds buff for q7 set on rangers?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

relax i dont defend them ... it doesnt matter how you call it ... the fact is they are weaker now than before so it has same effect as nerf
    .. also

you could say EA explosion was bug too tooltip was "The arrow will explode shortly after penetration "
    explode after penetration means opposite of "explode with no reason at max range"
    or we might fix it to penetrate target and fly 0,5s later far behind it ? :D

so if you wish yes both rangers and dwarves got bugfixed not nerfed

2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

its just normality, how can u get killed without getting hit? the EA was like shoot anywhere cause u hit them without any effort anyway

3. AbradolfLincler

AbradolfLincler Someday Author

Look...I've read this forum for a long time as I've learned and gotten stronger. These threads go from "hey, let's change this!" to class bashing. instead of everyone shutting each other down, let's just figure out the issue. first off, all this blah blah blah class is too strong crap has got to go. you're probably talking full set, full craft class against YOU...who has zero gear. get over it. learn to make a char. i'm not even a ranger or sw and i feel like they got nerfed a bit too much. ranger are STILL awesome and so are sw, BUT...it's ONE thing to adjust a pvp aspect that maybe allows a single class to own the battlegrounds. dso, stop nerfing pve. stop doing it by a MILE instead of an inch. something like 2.5 sec instead of 3 sec would be understandable (i think) but to drop it so rangers can barely armor break now? come on! i'm 50/50 on the fence about the sw frost sphere. about 90% of my sw friends say there is zero change. only a couple say it changed. so this is either isolated, or only recognized by the ones that it matters more to. nonetheless, EVERYTHING should be in patch notes and it should be labeled EXACTLY why it happened. that sounds fair. on the other hand, we have to remember not all changes might be on purpose. sometimes an adjustment could be more detrimental than intended. a simple change can result in a whole skill becoming useless. rangers already converted their sapphires to runes. they can't go back. even if some crazy 1h ranger set comes out...they're [EDIT]. they can't go back. bring their pve back up DSO. i'm all for long, fun, running pvp. 1 hit kill shouldn't exist. it should be 45 seconds of struggle to make it fun.

My bottom line is this.... begging for nerfs for other classes because you suck at yours is [EDIT]. recommend adjustments for your own class. NO class is TOO strong. we all know those super [EDIT] OP guys or gals that kill fatal boss in 10 seconds. get over it. that's their build and money spent. NO class needs a nerf. classes need a boost. let's go THAT direction instead of some zero gear brand new 55 complaining that blahblah class is too strong after they spent months crafting, getting cores and transferring.

bottom line...

GIT GUD OR GO HOME! stop trying to make the game go down the drain because you don't understand it.

Devs, bring rangers back up to par in pve. we need them. fix the frost sphere thing or adjust it or whatever. this is important to the longevity of the game. dso, you're going to lose LONG time players if you don't figure out how to balance instead of killing a class. it's an MMO. we WANT to play together. get the group leaderboards going. it's causing too much solo work and people are getting left behind because someone wants that huge prize at the end. that's crap. make group leaderboards better. let the solo players play, but make groups more worth it.

end of rant. sorry folks. lol.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 14, 2017
    Fynkz likes this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dwaven turrets were using incorrect damage formula ... so yes it was a bug.
    Ranger's EA was functioning as intended. So no bug to fix there ... it was a massive nerfing.

I don't care about sets and bonuses ... they are the ones who are breaking the game anyway ... skills not the sets/items should be the ones who are balancing the things. I don't use hoaxbows ...they are for noobs ... but now I got nerfed too because they nerfed the EA again.

Saabia likes this.
  5. Redkiller12

Redkiller12 Forum Great Master

Not exactly,EA got nerfed(or bugged) too,not only "fixed".It actually deals less dmg with the explotion,because it does not deal increased dmg with the armor break as it used to,which was not a bug.Also,now it explodes way earlier than it used to,meaning it's harder to deal AOE dmg now(the EA used to get into the enemy and then explode,now it explodes with the first contact,and as a result,we lose some range to hit some other monsters behind the enemy).These changes were not said in the patch notes,so I consider them as "bugs",just like the ice-sphere "change".If the devs added those changes in the patch notes,I would not consider them as "bugs",even though I would want the devs to reverse the changes,because they're non-sense and uneeded

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  6. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

hmmm nope unlike frozen sphere that clearly say " it explode upon reaching max range" EA tooltip clearly say its supposed to explode upon penetrating target = no hit no boom if they change skill that worked differently than tooltip say to actually do what it should then it fix lol

its not just sphere ... multiple aoes seems bit weird now

shortened explosion time is most likely intended ... they trying to fix fail with rangers ignoring range limit .... non functional armor break might be just side effect .... because breaks are delayed after initial damage explosion is probably applied prior to break now ( so yes this may be unintended = bug)

7. Dani4a23

Dani4a23 Forum Greenhorn

Actually, mages can reduce the cooldown of the meteor simply by using vortex over themselves, if they have put points in it. Also mages have an ability that allows them to use skills with no cooldowns for one second. That means with a mage you can have the q7 set bonus 24/7.

8. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

@anolajen, first of all, stop with that attitude that people complaining means they are crying. Then I destroy your car, you complain and I start kidding you saying you're crying... Am I right?

I've read you accusing another user to not write any valid opinion or point about why q7 set buff should be buffed again to 3seconds, while what you wrote for many posts was simply "q7 set was OP and it still is" "ranger 2° strongest dmg" etc, without any calculation except the comparation between fireball and EA, wich is senseless, like comparing thunders and scatter shot.

On your first post you said that a ranger can spam net, using the 5 points talent and that may be true, but you intentionally omitted the use of vortex and mind control skills for mages, to reset cooldwon on metheor and that's pathetic.

How can you say a player can shot 5 EAs in 2 seconds? Lol, you think every ranger has 2.50 att speed? You're fool.
    You can't say that just because some OP player on YT shot 5 EAs in 2 secs, that's not even fair. Again, if devs have to nerf classes basing on YT videos, then all skills would be dealing 10 dmg with top stats, so please stop your ridicoulous talking.

Gevilson and Llogos like this.
  9. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The least they should have done was the chance to revert any crafted enchant on the set and eventually a refound for what ppl spent on those items.

They can't nerf thing after months they have been released and give no compensation to the guys that spent money and time to get em.
    This is not the way a serius company acts.
    With this logic noone will be ever able to do any craft/transfer for the fear that one day, without any warning or real reason, they will destroy your items and you lose what it took years to get.

10. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

yes wedefinitely need possibility to transfer our gold lines from unique to another unique and if all hunter crying around focused energy to this suggestion we would already had it LOL

underground : net is instant and resource free skill mage can reduce cd bud by wasting strong cds just to do it ( not to mention in many situations is standing in small aoe vortex suicide even if you waste it and throw far from target)

the fact is ..q7 changed ... ranger isnt weak even after that he still belongs to top tier dps so stop " complaining" and play 3sec wont return ( bp almost never revert anything nor pay attention to few people on forum demanding something)
    thus discussion is pointless waste of time if you feel q7 is weak now no one force you to use it but good luck because its strongest set around nerf or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.