Dragan is Coming

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Aslandroth, Jan 17, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

So I feel like this belongs in the general forum since I am not asking a question, but I haven't the privileges just yet to do so. Either way I want to talk about the Dragan event.

I generally enjoy this event because there are a lot of maps, and different things to do. There is also the chance to get some pretty good gear depending on what your goal and character strategy is.

I've been playing DSO for nearly 2 years and this will be (I think) my 4th Dragan event. I did quite well relatively speaking in the last one, and am hoping to replace some of my existing T1 and 2 gear with higher tiers.

Did I mention thats all? BP has had quite a bit of time to add new content or rewards to this event, but there is none. Fortunately I have the Wiki to tell me this since this forum doesn't seem to be very forward looking. But still I am hoping for some good drops........except the drop rates have been nerfed, and re-nerfed because the BP expectation is to force players to buy gear with drakens and the possibility of a drop is an afterthought, kinda like in the PW where you'd better have the frags needed to buy what you want when you go in on a harder level. Awesome! Don't get me wrong, I like having the option to buy something that doesn't drop, but you should give the player that spent time and resources to beat that boss he / she otherwise could not without those resources, some realistic chance of having a drop.

One of my biggest complaints with the last Dragan event that was utterly ignored, easy to fix, and would present no reduction in the revenue machine was the main quest in Dragan, for the chest giving the jewel of enhancement. This is a great prize, although I've won a few at the jester so maybe the chest should contain 3, but I digress. All I asked for was the ability to do the steps in the quest concurrently, so that one wasn't forced to run the same map over and over and over and OVER to complete a step before moving to the next one. Do you know how fun it would be to be able to run the maps as I choose? Not having to succumb to forced monotony? How come this isn't fixed?

This might seem like a rant, but it is more an analysis of what this game is, what the motivations of the bean counters are vs the developers and what my choices are going forward. I know in the 2 years I've played, I have had premium / deluxe since day one, and spent around $3k US dollars on anderment and just silly bs purchases. It was fun, but my premium expires tomorrow. I am looking forward to Dragan event, but am not going to renew premium, am not going to buy anders. BP is actually the one that made me reach the decision to no longer spend money here. I'm going to keep playing. I will finish the Dragan event and will do well. But I won't spend another dime on this game until BP starts actually developing something compelling and giving me a reason to spend my money.

So how does everyone else plan on spending the event? My main is a DK. I do feel like this one will be the most fun of all because I'm going to make it fun for myself and not stress it. Good luck to all.

Eridiani likes this.
  2. heror

heror Forum Baron

I have been playing since sargon and to be honest dragan now is a joke just get 1 tank 3 dwarfs go to the highest tiers get all the gear the highest lv and so hard gg they broke the event by making it exploitable.Since its your 4th you dont know about the old dragan set which required you 16 drops from each part in order to make from tier 1 to 3 - and there was not set bonus until lv 3 was reached ( im speaking about black warlord legalia) 100 kills of dragan granted you only like 2 - 3 lv 2 items which is like 1/4 of the overall goal. On norm he dropped smt like once every 10 kills . Dont say if the event has lower drops since as you said it you can buy it or just farm you have almost 1 month which is easy.. the only item you really need to get lv 5 or 6 fast is the ring since the crit scales , the other items are ok on lv 4 too and you can upgrade later.
    And dont get me wrong tanks can use both sets which is lame for every other class i like it too but its useless for mage. You get rewarded 2x by playing this event. So i dont understand your problem. The game is not made for you to get all the sets for 1 week( and i know that we are all tryhards some of the time but welp what can we do :D) so just enjoy it i guess since the made this event come even more rarely....
    P.s how i will spend it ? play as much as i can since it gives me break from the bs PW spam all day and gives me job to find groups since mages are not wanted on bosses so i have to make the groups :D this is quite the job :D

3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

We should thank BP for doing such a great work with the balance.Looks like this dragan event will be a pain for the mages ...while everyone else will brag on youtube how they kill dragan with green or red within seconds, the mages will have to be happy for 1-2 minute kills thanks to BP.Its not like they had more than a year to fix this lame balance :/

4. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

My "problem" as you put it, is the reduction of drop rates and essentially monetizing the acquisition of items while being told this is soething that was done to help the unlucky ones who don't get a drop. This coming from the ones that make the rules that cause so many people to be "unlucky". It's about honesty. I would prefer simply being told "Don't expect anything to drop and you really should spend the year farming and saving your drakens if you want a particular piece of gear". I still enjoy the event and plan on playing it as much as possible.

My other problem, as I outlined is that the event could be more playable, and enjoyable if the main quest line could be run concurrently, to prevent the map fatigue that comes with having to run the maps, one by one, over and over. It doesn't bother me to have to run a map 20 or 30 times to complete a part of a quest, but give me the option to mix it up a little. This doesn't hurt BP or their bottom line and the coding level is minimal to nonexistent.

Lastly, I just want more content. I'm not asking for freebies or items in this context. Just, develop the plot some more. Tat is not a tall order.

5. heror

heror Forum Baron

Im not saying that you are whining for nothing , yes the event now is bs since you have to farm the bosses at the end of each map to get A CHANCE to get a pearl. What im saying this version is bs but its better than the first 2 -3 times they ran the event. It was the best like at the start of 2017 when its was fun and easy to get pearls. Well i guess that there are way too many [EDIT] up there in the "developers" you know gotta make the pay for even loging into the game

Last edited by moderator: Jan 18, 2018
    Aslandroth likes this.
  6. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I will try to keep my wallet close.
    Because :
    -aggressive way of BP to make us spend money in this game,-augment cores only from cubes,-you cant obtain speed like you use to, buying sapphires, now yo must play at jesters and when you chain a character evolution with a gamble game in game ,that is awkward - limited entries on karabosa so that you should buy from shop, obtaining karabosa belt only from amphorae that will be open with amphorae key that can be hardly won and you should buy from shop...and many others.
    - is not wort to spend 3k -10k $ in this game and get killed by a kid that has used all possible exploits in this game.

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  7. BlueKnight

BlueKnight Forum Apprentice

At first when I started playing DSO I had heard that it was moderately pay to win or required a lot of grinding and I haven't spent even a single penny on the game and I do not plan to until BP gets their bag of candies together and fixes the various problems and earn my moneh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.