Suggestion Drakensang API

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by darkwarss, Feb 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like to see more statistics/data from DSO?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. darkwarss

darkwarss Forum Apprentice

Drakensang is quite old now and I don't know why there's nothing like an API system that gives you info about all the items/monsters/other players items.. etc.. Basically, stuff that will allow dso being more competitive for the players. Like seeing a leaderboard of the highest stats on the server, guilds info, players achievements, most killed monsters for the day..

If viewing the info about items/monsters or other players stats is not intended for the public, at least some statistics would be nice.. :rolleyes:

And what bigpoint only needs to do is create the transport layer (give the raw data), other people can handle the data by custom websites, at least this is the way a lot of other games are doing it..

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

This is mostly speculation, but the simplest reason why the developer team would likely not implement this is because it would likely lead to exploits.

Even if the more sensitve data were hidden and the idea were for raw statistic, I still wouldn't hold your breath waiting. Sure, some basic statistics would be nice, but with the various bugs, balance issues, lack of new content or events recently, or the various other major features requested by the community, I personally would be upset if they devoted any significant time to an idea like this when it does not benefit players much at all.

MikeyMetro and ΣMiwel like this.